logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

Author Topic: Mega Man 3 - Master Battle (Demo Patch 2)  (Read 1454 times)

kuja killer

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man 3 - Master Battle (Help Needed)
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 01:50:50 pm »
hrm i dont know what else to suggest then, only way i can know what your doing wrong, is if i looked at your ROM myself and corrected the mistakes. :| this has taken way too long for my tastes..

RhysOwens101

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2017, 01:52:15 pm »
hrm i dont know what else to suggest then, only way i can know what your doing wrong, is if i looked at your ROM myself and corrected the mistakes. :| this has taken way too long for my tastes..
I'll send you another IPS later.

RhysOwens101

• View Profile

kuja killer

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2017, 11:28:30 pm »
https://www.mediafire.com/?qfc3588c1qyatww

And here you go. - cant believe i did not ask you about this, it was the last possible thing ever that i would even bother to think of, this had nothing at all to do with doors seriously. :( ..it was the fact that you didnt finish setting up the scroll position types like "right, down, up" on the Screen Editor ..the screens after the first doc fight were "up up --- rest of the original megaman 3 path" ..when they needed to be "right, right" leading to the 2nd boss room. THAT's why the door wasnt opening, had nothing to do with the actual doors, ugh :|

So i set those for you. I also setup the bunches of "right x1" for you for Doc Gemini, and Doc Shadow even though you havent started on those levels yet.

I fixed a couple other little quick spots too like these:
http://s16.postimg.org/8v9ugjshh/hid-door.png - these spots were using regular "background" property instead of wall. So i added the wall to that spot from the original mm3 room setup. Also fixed that in the Doc Spark doors too.

I "half" fixed the strange unknown door open in gemini that happened on your 2 extra screens at the beginning, but i could not fix the other side after the end of the scroll :(

So anyway i hope this is enough for you to continue and finish your hack though. I wish you could of started with Megaman 3 improvement as the base of your hack though, but ah well, thats okay.

RhysOwens101

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2017, 03:06:15 am »
https://www.mediafire.com/?qfc3588c1qyatww

And here you go. - cant believe i did not ask you about this, it was the last possible thing ever that i would even bother to think of, this had nothing at all to do with doors seriously. :( ..it was the fact that you didnt finish setting up the scroll position types like "right, down, up" on the Screen Editor ..the screens after the first doc fight were "up up --- rest of the original megaman 3 path" ..when they needed to be "right, right" leading to the 2nd boss room. THAT's why the door wasnt opening, had nothing to do with the actual doors, ugh :|

So i set those for you. I also setup the bunches of "right x1" for you for Doc Gemini, and Doc Shadow even though you havent started on those levels yet.

I fixed a couple other little quick spots too like these:
http://s16.postimg.org/8v9ugjshh/hid-door.png - these spots were using regular "background" property instead of wall. So i added the wall to that spot from the original mm3 room setup. Also fixed that in the Doc Spark doors too.

I "half" fixed the strange unknown door open in gemini that happened on your 2 extra screens at the beginning, but i could not fix the other side after the end of the scroll :(

So anyway i hope this is enough for you to continue and finish your hack though. I wish you could of started with Megaman 3 improvement as the base of your hack though, but ah well, thats okay.
Wow, thanks,
but after editing Air Man's behavior, the game won't work. It stopped working after editing some of his tornado Y-positions.
So that might help you find the problem. https://www.dropbox.com/s/gxdwyw5zksascl2/Mega%20Man%203%20-%20Master%20Battle.nes?dl=0
EDIT: Is the patch you gave me compatible with an Original MM3 US Rom?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 03:23:41 am by RhysOwens101 »

kuja killer

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2017, 03:58:49 am »
i never saw any crashes or anything during Airman earlier tonight while fixing the door stuff.....i just used an unmodified megaman 3 rom to make the patch, just regular english ...so yea it's fine...i guess ?

edit: woooa what the hell...the WHOLE entire rom is shifted to the right by 1 byte ...what the hell happened ..yea you must have a different ROM or something :-\

i dont know if this matters or not but uhhh. this is the checksum stuff or whatever of the un-modified mm3 rom i have... for you to compare to yours

May 19, 1997
ROM CRC32:  0x603aaa57
ROM MD5:  0x4a53b6f58067d62c9a43404fe835dd5c
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 04:23:16 am by kuja killer »

RhysOwens101

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2017, 08:31:51 am »
i never saw any crashes or anything during Airman earlier tonight while fixing the door stuff.....i just used an unmodified megaman 3 rom to make the patch, just regular english ...so yea it's fine...i guess ?

edit: woooa what the hell...the WHOLE entire rom is shifted to the right by 1 byte ...what the hell happened ..yea you must have a different ROM or something :-\

i dont know if this matters or not but uhhh. this is the checksum stuff or whatever of the un-modified mm3 rom i have... for you to compare to yours

May 19, 1997
ROM CRC32:  0x603aaa57
ROM MD5:  0x4a53b6f58067d62c9a43404fe835dd5c
I applied your patch to an unedited MM3 rom and everything is okay now.
EDIT: I'd like some info on editing Heatman and Quickman because there's none in the word file.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 10:51:34 am by RhysOwens101 »

Ness

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2017, 11:06:06 am »
I'd like some info on editing Heatman and Quickman because there's none in the word file.

Honestly no offense but the best way to find those info is to learn to do the searching yourself.

MM3's RAM map should be available. During a fight with Heatman or whatever, based on the ram map you can find the addresses used by the object. For instance according to datacrystal, ram address $0360 to $037F = X Coordinate, so one of those will be the object's X coordinate. You can easily guess it and freeze or change it to make sure.

Set a write breakpoint on that address, that will open up the debugger, which in turn leads you to the relevant rom data. From there, learn how to use the debugger and to read 6502 assembly. It's not hard, if I'm learning it without no prior programming knowledge, anyone can.

Make sure that the breakpoint sent you to the boss's code, and not a routine that a boss uses which is probably used by many other things (not a good idea to change that just yet). If you're seeing a routine you can "step out" which brings to the point which called it.

At that point the easier edits is to find a bunch of LDA addresses and to mess with them. Once you get the hang of it and a better understanding you can try replacing a routine by another, and then more, much more.

Do this for different ram addresses (coordinate, speed, etc)

Basically base yourself on whatever MM3 doc there is and on 6502 assembly tutorials.
Make sure to take notes of everything you're doing. Always set back to default whatever you changed that didn't end up interesting or useful. Make backups.

RhysOwens101

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2017, 12:15:18 pm »
Honestly no offense but the best way to find those info is to learn to do the searching yourself.

MM3's RAM map should be available. During a fight with Heatman or whatever, based on the ram map you can find the addresses used by the object. For instance according to datacrystal, ram address $0360 to $037F = X Coordinate, so one of those will be the object's X coordinate. You can easily guess it and freeze or change it to make sure.

Set a write breakpoint on that address, that will open up the debugger, which in turn leads you to the relevant rom data. From there, learn how to use the debugger and to read 6502 assembly. It's not hard, if I'm learning it without no prior programming knowledge, anyone can.

Make sure that the breakpoint sent you to the boss's code, and not a routine that a boss uses which is probably used by many other things (not a good idea to change that just yet). If you're seeing a routine you can "step out" which brings to the point which called it.

At that point the easier edits is to find a bunch of LDA addresses and to mess with them. Once you get the hang of it and a better understanding you can try replacing a routine by another, and then more, much more.

Do this for different ram addresses (coordinate, speed, etc)

Basically base yourself on whatever MM3 doc there is and on 6502 assembly tutorials.
Make sure to take notes of everything you're doing. Always set back to default whatever you changed that didn't end up interesting or useful. Make backups.
I booted up FCEUX and went to Heatman's room. Then I opened the RAM Search and changed some values at the addresses you showed me, but Heatman will not move. No luck.

April 02, 2017, 09:29:53 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Also here are some screenshots of the Doc Robot bosses.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 02:43:28 pm by RhysOwens101 »

RhysOwens101

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man 3 - Master Battle (Demo Patch 2)
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2017, 12:28:00 pm »
Demo Patch 2 is out! It has the Air Man, Crash Man, Metal Man and Heat Man modified.
Demo Patch 3 will have the rest of the Doc Robot Battles modified.

RhysOwens101

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man 3 - Master Battle (Demo Patch 2)
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2017, 09:33:21 am »
Quick Update:
Not much has been done because I have other things to do, for example, working on a hack for the Gameboy MM1.
I will continue working on this though at one point, don't worry.