News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Wario Blast Hacking  (Read 707 times)

Prince Manic

• View Profile
Wario Blast Hacking
« on: April 09, 2017, 12:59:46 am »
I just wanna have a little fun hacking Wario Blast and Change Wario into my own character but....when uploaded to a tile editor like GB Tile Editor or Tile Layer Pro and even tile molester a lot of the sprites are like garbled....did nintendo/hudson soft put some kind of compression data to prevent hacking of this game or what?

I'm like how I can hack the title Screen and main sprites then make it my own and how I hack the text in the rom itself too? I know nothing about ASM nor use the tile mapping or whatever to hack the tile screen to reflect my hack, NES is so easy to hack but not most gameboy games?

what I must do in order to hack most gameboy games?

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
Re: Wario Blast Hacking
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 09:54:30 am »
Sounds like either compression or the program not reading the right offset. In the latter case, most of those tools should have a function to shift the offset read in a certain direction so you can properly edit the graphics. In the former case, you're out of luck: either you know basic programming and can write something that will automatically decompress the graphics, or this is as far as you're going.