logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

Author Topic: Idol Hakkenden  (Read 542 times)

filler

• "WINNERS DON'T SELL REPROS"
    • View Profile
    • Filler's Translation Projects
Idol Hakkenden
« on: April 06, 2017, 03:38:39 pm »
In keeping with the idol theme, the next one is Idol Hakkenden, a comedy-adventure game by Natsume that features nice music.

Apparently the family head of a great zaibatsu is nearing death and challenges her three granddaughters to impress her over three months to inherit the fortune. We follow Erika who sets out to use her talents at singing and dancing to become a star.

According to Japanese Wikipedia, it has nothing to do with Nansou Satomi Hakkenden , except that there are eight people who become friends.

So far I've made a table file (JP and EN), manually dumped the script, translated and partially inserted the menu items, and inserted a font. This time I tried the #4 font that was the runner up for Nakayama Miho, but I think I'll switch it to the Miho font since I think it will look a little nicer.

Zynk Oxhyde

• Submission Reviewer
  • Roll-chan World (GB) COMPLETED
    • View Profile
Re: Idol Hakkenden
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 08:12:09 pm »
Nice one  :D

Do you know there's this karaoke part in the end part of the game? That would be a challenge to translate, I think.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 10:04:47 pm »
As for karaoke, you all are lucky I don't know anything about sound hacking or I probably would've dared slip Rickrolling into Takeshi's Challenge. :D
(though perhaps regretted it later)
Sir Howard Stringer, chief executive of Sony, on Christmas sales of the PS3:
"It's a little fortuitous that the Wii is running out of hardware."

filler

• "WINNERS DON'T SELL REPROS"
    • View Profile
    • Filler's Translation Projects
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 08:41:33 pm »
Nice one  :D

Do you know there's this karaoke part in the end part of the game? That would be a challenge to translate, I think.
Apparently it is because when I looked at it without context I thought it was a series of song titles. :P Now that I've seen a video of the ending I don't think it will be too bad.

As for karaoke, you all are lucky I don't know anything about sound hacking or I probably would've dared slip Rickrolling into Takeshi's Challenge. :D
(though perhaps regretted it later)
Lol, I found a line recently that appears after you get a game over that I was really tempted to translate as "git gud".