News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Biohazard (NES) character portrait  (Read 756 times)

Sarujo

• View Profile
Biohazard (NES) character portrait
« on: April 05, 2017, 10:57:47 am »
So I decided to alter the state image of Jill Valentine in the pirated Biohazard for the NES, seeing how awful it looks.

At first I thought that the graphic was just something the developer came up with that image on the fly to fill that tiny box. That is until I saw a YouTube video of a quick playthrough of the canceled Resident Evil port for the Game Boy Color which featured 8bit renders of both Jill and Chris' photo IDs from the original 32bit release. I then put two and two together and determined that the crappy image used is suppose to be Jill's photo, as portrayed by Inezh, rendered poorly in 8bit pixels. As demonstrated here.

So with all that in mind, all I needed to do was to find a high resolution of the GBC render of that photo and use that as a base to alterate the actual graphic in the pirate with the help of Tile Layer Pro. Resulting in the finished product to look something like this.

However, locating the bad Jill graphic with the Biohazard NES rom is proving to be an exercise in frustration. As I can't seem to locate a single tile piece within the rom. Not only that, but it appears that some tiles bleed into other tiles.

Any advice at this point is welcome, since I'm at a loss on what to do next.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 09:19:23 pm by Sarujo »