News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: FFHackster Stats Question  (Read 770 times)

linkncb16

• Restricted Access
  • They actually updated this site. Hallelujah.
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
FFHackster Stats Question
« on: April 03, 2017, 07:21:37 am »
I'm trying to make custom jobs, but I just realized that because there are 2 jobs per table my stats aren't going to turn out quite how I want them to for each job. If I can't make 12 unique tables, then can I at least choose which table is assigned to which class? (i.e. Changing Warrior & Knight table to Warrior & Master, that way they both occupy the same table).

EDIT: Another example (for magic) would be assigning the Black Wizard's magic table to the same as the Master's, therefor giving no magic points in total to the new Black Wizard.
Final Fantasy Redux is complete! Download

Disch

• NES Junkie
    • View Profile
Re: FFHackster Stats Question
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 10:59:34 am »
then can I at least choose which table is assigned to which class?

It's determined by their ID.  Each class ID 0-5 shares their stats with their "promoted" counterpart 6-11.

If you want Warrior and Master to share stats, make Warrior ID 0 and Master ID 6.

Though if Master is the Warrior's counterpart for stats, he can't be the BW's counterpart for magic.

TL;DR:
No, you can't really directly "assign" which classes get the stats apart from shuffling around their IDs.  At least not with Hackster alone.

Though... if you can dig up a big enough chunk of free space, you can make an asm hack to give each class unique level up stats.

linkncb16

• Restricted Access
  • They actually updated this site. Hallelujah.
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 11:45:32 am »
It's determined by their ID.  Each class ID 0-5 shares their stats with their "promoted" counterpart 6-11.

If you want Warrior and Master to share stats, make Warrior ID 0 and Master ID 6.

Though if Master is the Warrior's counterpart for stats, he can't be the BW's counterpart for magic.

TL;DR:
No, you can't really directly "assign" which classes get the stats apart from shuffling around their IDs.  At least not with Hackster alone.

Though... if you can dig up a big enough chunk of free space, you can make an asm hack to give each class unique level up stats.
So I'm assuming the ID is the "Unknown" value. For whatever reason on my ROM is shows the first 6 classes as 00-05, but then the following 6 classes are all 00. When I changed the 00 nothing seemed to happen to the stats so I'm a bit confused. Do I need to do this in a hex editor?

EDIT: Found the values in the hex editor, still the same.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 11:52:45 am by linkncb16 »
Final Fantasy Redux is complete! Download

Disch

• NES Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 02:53:12 pm »
So I'm assuming the ID is the "Unknown" value.

No, the ID is the order in which they're listed.  In the original game, Fighter is ID 0 because it's the first class listed.  Black Mage is ID 5 because it's the last.

Promoted classes have 6+ the unpromoted ID... so a Knight is ID 6.  Black Wizard is ID 11.

For whatever reason on my ROM is shows the first 6 classes as 00-05, but then the following 6 classes are all 00. When I changed the 00 nothing seemed to happen to the stats so I'm a bit confused. Do I need to do this in a hex editor?

EDIT: Found the values in the hex editor, still the same.

Yeah I don't think that value actually does anything.