logo
 drop

Main

Community

Submissions

Help

Author Topic: Translations: New Translations Added to the Database  (Read 1083 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: New Translations Added to the Database
« on: April 02, 2017, 04:47:09 am »

Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Translations have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 07:20:50 am by Zynk Oxhyde »

RandomHeretic

• Restricted Access
    • View Profile
Re: Translations: New Translations Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 05:28:05 am »
Comment removed.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 04:03:39 pm by RandomHeretic »

Vercalos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 06:27:00 am »
Even the front page link to this thread is broken.

Zynk Oxhyde

• Submission Reviewer
  • Roll-chan World (GB) COMPLETED
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 07:24:20 am »
Fixed  :D

Starscream

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 08:51:25 am »
This N64 translation seems like a good opportunity to see what these Densha de Go games are about, after checking the readme I'm even more curious.

Shiryu

• No Surrender, No Retreat.
    • View Profile
    • Shiryu Music
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 11:19:30 am »
Anyone else having trouble using xdelta on "Densha de Go! 64"?
I am unable to find a ROM dump with the correct MD5. :banghead:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 11:26:27 am by Shiryu »

Spinner 8

• Pink Pretty Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 12:44:29 pm »
Anyone else having trouble using xdelta on "Densha de Go! 64"?
I am unable to find a ROM dump with the correct MD5. :banghead:

You probably have the right ROM, but in the wrong format. Get Tool64 and convert the ROM to Big Endian (z64) and it should patch OK.

It's a problem with N64 ROMs, especially since No-Intro required that the ROMs be byteswapped for some odd reason (they've recently reversed that, fortunately).

Shiryu

• View Profile
    • Shiryu Music
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 12:50:02 pm »
I do have the .z64  format ROM as required by the patch readme notes and it successfully patches with xdelta, but it keeps crashing on all emulators because the MD5 don't match with the expected ROM file. I will now give your solution a try, thanks. :thumbsup:

Update: Still no good, I converted a few .n64 to .z64, the patch applies but Mupen64 just crashes right back to Windows, Project 64 gives out "Fatal Error" and 1964 just hangs. Very odd. :banghead:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 01:08:34 pm by Shiryu »

Spinner 8

• Pink Pretty Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 02:12:39 pm »
I do have the .z64  format ROM as required by the patch readme notes and it successfully patches with xdelta, but it keeps crashing on all emulators because the MD5 don't match with the expected ROM file. I will now give your solution a try, thanks. :thumbsup:

Update: Still no good, I converted a few .n64 to .z64, the patch applies but Mupen64 just crashes right back to Windows, Project 64 gives out "Fatal Error" and 1964 just hangs. Very odd. :banghead:

Yeah, looks like this is yet another example of N64 emulation still being terrible in 2017. So here's what I had to do.

Retroarch is my go-to, but I gave up on it since it's always such a horrific pain to configure for N64 (or if stuff isn't working right in general).

Download Project64 and use the Glide64 graphics plugin. Load the ROM, but it'll probably crash again. HOWEVER now you can go back in and see the game-specific settings. Change the CPU core style from Recompiler to Interpreter and try again. It works fine for me now.

Your Mileage May Vary, etc.

EDIT: The patched ROM I'm using has a CRC of D6A107DD, if that helps.

Shiryu

• View Profile
    • Shiryu Music
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2017, 04:07:32 pm »
Thank you, I was indeed using the correct version all along, with the final ROM CRC D6A107DD. But I would have never remembered to change that CPU core setting. It still doesn't work on Muppen64 but I should be able to get some good footage for my Nintendo Life article on Project 64 this way. Thanks man! :thumbsup:

I will also download the N64 core on RetroArch and throw the patched game at it, I keep forgetting I have RetroArch for more than PSX games. Thanks again!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 04:43:55 pm by Shiryu »

Zoinkity

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2017, 08:31:04 pm »
Densha de Go! 64...
Mupen64 uses a database file to store specific settings for specific ROMs.  It basically doesn't run anything that doesn't have an entry for it.  It also causes such a severe memory fault on my computer that it reboots to a blue recovery screen, so can't really help you with that one.

Should probably mention the PJ64 settings were written in the readme  ;*)

No-intro was influenced by one of the MAME dumpers who felt that even though N64 ROMs are decoded and read big-endian by the demasker and PI, the actual stored order on the maskrom is little-endian.  That's going down a dark rabbit hole though; by all rights true hardware representation would be the raw maskrom and a decoder script to emulate the demasker.

[edit]
Fatal title screen bug with Everdrive64 v.3 has been patched out as of v1.01.  New patch also fixes a typo and adds a nifty debug feature.  Also made sure the readme has accurate checksums for new output version.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 10:28:30 pm by Zoinkity »

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2017, 09:10:32 pm »
People someday will look back at the stereotypical flawed development philosophy behind N64 emulators and shake their head. Playing the most popular games (read: Super Mario 64) with utterly impossible graphics enhancements backed by plugin hell, is best left to a relic from the dot-com bubble era.
I have a blog and forums. Ask me for details. Contributors are welcome and highly encouraged!