News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Nakayama Miho's Tokimeki High School (Famicom Disk System)  (Read 5681 times)

FCandChill

• View Profile
Re: Nakayama Miho\'s Tokimeki High School (Famicom Disk System)
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2017, 11:49:13 pm »
I'm going to repsond to a PM by filler here because I don't like PMs...

The dictionary does not auto-generate for my utility ... this is because I didn't program it to! You will have to create a dictionary you see fit. Having all the English in all lower case will be a space conserving feature and is less annoying than ALL CAPS...

May 24, 2017, 11:54:13 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Kingmike made a utility for generating a DTE table for a plain ASCII input ... check that out
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 11:54:43 pm by FCandChill »

filler

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • "WINNERS DON'T SELL REPROS"
    • View Profile
    • Filler's Translation Projects
Re: Nakayama Miho's Tokimeki High School (Famicom Disk System)
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2017, 03:09:59 am »
Lol, show me any game with an all lowercase script.

Thanks for the response! I managed to add values to the dictionary, and I tried Kingmike's tool for dte values. I ended up trying an online word frequency counter which seemed to give me slightly better results.

I still had to cut the script nearly to the bone to get the files to insert, but near the end I accidentally re-dumped the script instead of inserting it, freaked out, and foolishly closed the utility, losing all the dictionary values I was using.

After a couple of pop tarts, I decided I might try writing a php script to count character chunks in the script and see if I can get something that gives a little more wiggle room.

In the meantime, if I get you an updated "main" table file, can you update the utility to use it? I tried adding/changing values in the table file but it doesn't like it.

FCandChill

• View Profile
Re: Nakayama Miho's Tokimeki High School (Famicom Disk System)
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2017, 12:29:09 pm »
Lol, show me any game with an all lowercase script.

BS Zelda

In the meantime, if I get you an updated "main" table file, can you update the utility to use it? I tried adding/changing values in the table file but it doesn't like it.
Sure. There's also some stuff I have to fix... The DTE table in the utility doesn't factor in other DTE characters and Bank 2 for whatever reason refuses to use the DTE table...