News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: DSVania Editor (v1.7.2)  (Read 56725 times)

Gentlemaner

• View Profile
Re: DSVania Editor (v1.6)
« Reply #280 on: January 12, 2018, 08:16:58 am »
Hello,LagoLunatic!

Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow (U)

JULIUS SKILLS Grand Cross pointer is 08034f49,I debug it,find the data.

JULIUS SKILLS[Axe,Cross,Holy Water,Grand Cross] Use anim pointer and gfx pointeris:

Hex:00252b4c——00252cdf

I hope that this data will help you!!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 08:25:23 am by Gentlemaner »

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
Re: DSVania Editor (v1.7)
« Reply #281 on: January 12, 2018, 10:36:50 pm »
DSVEdit 1.7 is complete! This includes complete Harmony of Dissonance support, tons of bugfixes, and a few new features (like a door editor and a magic seal editor).

Note for anyone who has been using the free space overlay for custom ASM - there was a bug with where it was positioned in RAM in previous versions, and game assets could overwrite parts of it and cause the game to crash. To fix this the free space overlay has to be moved. DSVEdit 1.7 will move the overlay automatically, but you need to reapply any of your custom ASM patches manually if they use that overlay, after you update the address of the overlay in those patches. The new address you should use is given in a popup when you load your project in DSVEdit 1.7.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 13, 2018, 03:22:32 am »
Awesome! I can't wait to try this out. I've been putting this off for a while waiting for this update and really just having no time to *take* care of other projects and RL. :P
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 10:20:00 pm by Vanya »

MaverickZero

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 13, 2018, 05:17:30 am »
Same here, i'm so excited to try this out :crazy:

Eternal248

• Forever in a reverie...
    • View Profile
    • FFHacktics
« Reply #284 on: January 13, 2018, 12:59:28 pm »
Great work! I'm excited to try out the HoD features. That being said, I tried extracting the HoD files, and it just sits there at the Extracting Files from ROM screen. I've left it running for over 10 minutes now before having to close out the editor via Task Manager. Is there something I should be doing differently to get them to extract?

Thanks!
I know something of cages.

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #285 on: January 13, 2018, 01:46:30 pm »
Great work! I'm excited to try out the HoD features. That being said, I tried extracting the HoD files, and it just sits there at the Extracting Files from ROM screen. I've left it running for over 10 minutes now before having to close out the editor via Task Manager. Is there something I should be doing differently to get them to extract?

Thanks!

Hmm, apparently if the rom extractor runs into an error it fails to display that error anywhere.
The only guess I have as to what the error is would be that it's the wrong rom. For example maybe you tried it on the EU version of HoD instead of the US version.
The right rom should have these hashes:
MD5: ea589465486d15e91ba94165c8024b55
SHA-1: b90da0d9be0b3a0893cd9e2c399056bcf9579e21

But if the rom is correct then the error must be something else. I fixed the error not displaying in update 1.7.1, so try that out so we can see what's going wrong.

Eternal248

• Forever in a reverie...
    • View Profile
    • FFHacktics
« Reply #286 on: January 13, 2018, 01:58:13 pm »
You were right on the money. Turns out it was an EUR ROM. Thank you!
I know something of cages.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 15, 2018, 12:06:21 am »
Right now when I want to add custom ASM to my project I have to create an overlay and then patch my code into that, right?
Any plans to add a gui for that to make it more user-friendly and less time spent outside the editor?

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 15, 2018, 12:55:26 am »
Right now when I want to add custom ASM to my project I have to create an overlay and then patch my code into that, right?
Any plans to add a gui for that to make it more user-friendly and less time spent outside the editor?

Yep, I'm planning to add a UI to apply armips patches so you don't need to run it via the command line.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 16, 2018, 03:18:33 am »
Oh thank god! I'm a bad computer nerd for saying so, but I hate having to use the command line for anything other than using obscure maintenance programs to diagnose issues on my machine.

MaverickZero

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 22, 2018, 08:18:43 am »
Hey lunatic, i'm doing my best to not to ask you always when i need help but i really don't know what to do now :-\...
Do you remember the dracula x chronicles Richter i'm working on?
I'm halfway through, and while editing the whipping animations i have following issue...

As you may see, i was able to change the whip animations to fit for richter's new animation, and i also have set up the x and y coordinates of his hand for the dangling, but his whipping while crouching is a big problem...
I'm no programmer, and everything i do focuses actually on graphics aand respriting, but is it actually somehow possible to make it fit without screwing the other whipping animations for that?
And...
I wanted to give richter diagonal whipping exactly like you showed me to give him jumpkicks,  but it's impossible to find the animation he uses for that to change it into the new animation, because he always uses the animation you are in, at the moment you are diagonal whipping :huh:.
Like i said, i'm no programmer but i will start from now on to mess a bit around with all the unknowns of portrait of ruin, i hope i can help you somehow then :P.
Thanks in advance :D

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 22, 2018, 11:18:04 am »
Hey lunatic, i'm doing my best to not to ask you always when i need help but i really don't know what to do now :-\...
Do you remember the dracula x chronicles Richter i'm working on?
I'm halfway through, and while editing the whipping animations i have following issue...

As you may see, i was able to change the whip animations to fit for richter's new animation, and i also have set up the x and y coordinates of his hand for the dangling, but his whipping while crouching is a big problem...
I'm no programmer, and everything i do focuses actually on graphics aand respriting, but is it actually somehow possible to make it fit without screwing the other whipping animations for that?

I can't see those images, you need to upload them to a site like https://imgur.com/ for other people to be able to see them.

I assume you need to change the height the whip is dangling at? The WhipDangleUpdate function specifies an x/y offset I mentioned earlier, but it seems like if you're crouching it adds 0x10 to the y offset so it gets moved down. So if you just want to change the Y offset when crouching, that 0x10 is at 021DC00C. But note this 0x10 also affects Jonathan's hand when he dangles a whip when crouching.

And...
I wanted to give richter diagonal whipping exactly like you showed me to give him jumpkicks,  but it's impossible to find the animation he uses for that to change it into the new animation, because he always uses the animation you are in, at the moment you are diagonal whipping :huh:.
Like i said, i'm no programmer but i will start from now on to mess a bit around with all the unknowns of portrait of ruin, i hope i can help you somehow then :P.
Thanks in advance :D

DSVEdit 1.7 has a player state animations editor now, so changing animations like we did for the jumpkicks is much easier now. Use the new editor to find which state is for Jonathan to whip diagonally, since he has a diagonal whip animation. Then go to that state for Richter and set an animation.

It seems like the whipping diagonal state is state 3F. Richter just has FF set for that, which explains why his animation wasn't changing when whipping diagonally - an invalid animation index such as FF will be ignored by the game engine and the player will just keep playing the same animation.

MaverickZero

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 22, 2018, 11:39:56 am »
https://m.imgur.com/a/KKCvw
Here are the pictures, but the problem is that the whole whipping is too grounded, not only the dangling.
And thanks again for this quick reply, and i also wanted to say that it was an great update!
It's a lot easier now to work with dark function, and now that i know that it has an state animations editor, i will make big use of it, thanks and awesome work! :beer:

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 22, 2018, 11:54:49 am »
https://m.imgur.com/a/KKCvw
Here are the pictures, but the problem is that the whole whipping is too grounded, not only the dangling.
And thanks again for this quick reply, and i also wanted to say that it was an great update!
It's a lot easier now to work with dark function, and now that i know that it has an state animations editor, i will make big use of it, thanks and awesome work! :beer:

You should be able to edit the whip sprite with darkfunction too, it's in the Weapons tab of the sprite editor. Just make sure you have the right one since there's 3 different weapons named Vampire Killer.

MaverickZero

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 22, 2018, 12:04:50 pm »
Well, sadly not...
I did edit it already so it fits, but it's too low for him when crouching for some reason.
If i would edit it to fit,the animation would be too high being played then when whipping while in mid air or when standing.
Hmm...
Please tell me if you find somewhere where the whip animation is loaded when crouching, and if you know how to edit, except for that, i'm finally done and this is the last thing left.
It would be horrible to screw the project just because of that animation  :-\

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 22, 2018, 12:53:27 pm »
Well, sadly not...
I did edit it already so it fits, but it's too low for him when crouching for some reason.
If i would edit it to fit,the animation would be too high being played then when whipping while in mid air or when standing.
Hmm...
Please tell me if you find somewhere where the whip animation is loaded when crouching, and if you know how to edit, except for that, i'm finally done and this is the last thing left.
It would be horrible to screw the project just because of that animation  :-\

Ah, I see. It seems like there is conveniently a value for how much to offset each type of weapon downwards, in list 0221F020.
The whip's is at 0221F060. If you change both that offset and the hardcoded offset for whip dangling I found before it should look correct.

MaverickZero

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 22, 2018, 12:56:19 pm »
Wow i don't know what to say...
Seriously thanks, i can finally finish it! :crazy:

January 22, 2018, 02:31:47 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Well, i gave richter now diagonal whipping animations as well as the whip, but it isn't playing because the whip isn't programmed to do so XD.
Anyway, it works.
The whip is now properly swung, the first swimging frames are still a few pixels away but this is the fault of the sprite, so never mind that, those are anyway only seen for 1 frame each.
I'll soon send you the patch, i'd be glad if you would try it out, also i have found out some animations in the state animation editor.

0F:smashing head when superjumping
10:Backflip(Richter only)
12:landing from a short falling distance
18: using skill in mid air
1A: releasing spell
19: charging spell
1C: getting ready for dual crush
21: martial arts kick (for both jonathan and richter)
Dsvania just crashed on richter...
The rest comes on another day :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 02:31:47 pm by MaverickZero »

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 22, 2018, 03:49:35 pm »
Well, i gave richter now diagonal whipping animations as well as the whip, but it isn't playing because the whip isn't programmed to do so XD.

Not sure if you've done it yet, but another thing you need to do to enable it for Richter's whip is checking the "Can whip diagonally" swing modifier for his whip in the item editor.

Anyway, it works.
The whip is now properly swung, the first swimging frames are still a few pixels away but this is the fault of the sprite, so never mind that, those are anyway only seen for 1 frame each.
I'll soon send you the patch, i'd be glad if you would try it out, also i have found out some animations in the state animation editor.

Sure, I'd be happy to try it!

0F:smashing head when superjumping
10:Backflip(Richter only)
12:landing from a short falling distance
18: using skill in mid air
1A: releasing spell
19: charging spell
1C: getting ready for dual crush
21: martial arts kick (for both jonathan and richter)
Dsvania just crashed on richter...
The rest comes on another day :thumbsup:

Thanks, I'll add those to the editor! I also found some more. And the crash is a memory leak with how it's rendering the animations, this will be fixed for the next version, but for now you can probably avoid it by not leaving the state animation editor up for more than a minute or so.

MaverickZero

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 22, 2018, 03:54:29 pm »
Yeah i enabled richter already to whip diagonally, i tried that on one of jonathans whips, but that has minor priority for me since Richter was never able to do that anyway.
And i'm only waiting for the response from the maker of the dxc sprites, then i'll send you an ups patch with a list of the changes i made so far and
Thanks again, i thought i was doomed as the problem with the crouching whipping showed up :laugh:

January 23, 2018, 03:35:51 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Ok, i was silly again :P, i did't had to enable only Richter to whip diagonally, also the whip had an option which was disabled.
Now he can whip diagonally.
And about the crash on the state animation editor, it happens always on animatiom 35 on Richter, maybe because of some kind of coding, since it uses the first frame of animation 36 but doesn't animate it?
You may want to take a look at it. :beer:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 03:35:51 am by MaverickZero »

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
Re: DSVania Editor (v1.7.2)
« Reply #299 on: January 27, 2018, 09:24:03 pm »
Just released DSVEdit 1.7.2. It mostly just fixes bugs and crashes, but also adds a UI for applying ARMIPS patches.