News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: DSVania Editor (v1.7.2)  (Read 27908 times)

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
Re: DSVania Editor (v1.7.2)
« Reply #320 on: February 06, 2018, 06:47:34 pm »
again a misunderstanding here, oh dear i really have to learn to express myself better...
first thanks with the last thing, i'll try it soon.
and now, i'm not talking about the sub weapon sprite files, i mean only the subweapon icons, wich are shown on the top left, i added a mini javelin and the grand cross, but the sprite file of the subweapon icons is hardcoded, where also the STAY and MASTER icons are located.

Ooh, you tried to export the common sprite with the icons in it. Yeah, that sprite is hardcoded so you can't edit it with darkfunction.
You don't actually need to though, do you? You can use the GFX editor to change the icon. Like let's say you're replacing Richter's knife with the javelin. Use the GFX editor to edit f_com07_palette_022B7660-01.png and replace the knife icon there with a javelin icon. Then even without editing the sprite it will automatically use the javelin icon since it's in the same spot as where the knife used to be.

Unless what you're saying is you want to add more subweapons for Richter to use without deleting an existing one. That won't work then.

and the being hit thing.
the animation works perfectly in the air, yes.
but what i mean is while standing, being hit from the front.
and it's not really like a freeze of a frame, it's like only the first one is showed, it's hard to explain :-\...
and this is also the case when being hot from the front while crouching.
thanks again for the help :)

I tried changing the "Taking damage while standing/walking" and the "Taking damage while crouching" animations and they both play for me just fine.
If you don't know how to explain what the problem is you could record a gif.

MaverickZero

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 07, 2018, 08:38:21 am »
yeah i actually thought about adding those instead of replacing, because i think i saw somewhere in your ram map that you were actually able to determine how many subweapons are in the quick slots, but it's not that bad at all, i just thought it might be more handy.
and now to the animation problem.
i found out by myself what it was, first, sorry that i run everytime to you i fell over, seriously :P.
the thing was actually that he used animation no.27 as the being hit from the front, wich had no animation or sprites at all.
for some reason it just took the first sprite from animation 28 and didn't even play it fully.
that might even were the cause of the crash of dsvania.
well,in the end i gave it also the animation no.28 and now everything plays perfectly.
thanks for the help again :)

February 07, 2018, 03:55:44 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
well, i hope i don't get annoying now but, do you know how to change the power of the martial arts?
i know that richter's roundhouse kick deals strengh x1, his slide jump deals strengh x1/2 but i want his slide jump to deal the same damage as the roundhouse kick.
any idea how this is determined and how to change?
thanks for everytjing again, your work and knowledge about programming is awesome! :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 03:55:44 pm by MaverickZero »

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 07, 2018, 05:31:27 pm »
Let me chime in and say that the code associated with the slide jump should have a bit of ASM that divides by 2. That would have to be cleared out.

MaverickZero

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 07, 2018, 06:35:34 pm »
hmm...
so actually, all i would have to do is remove the line that divides
the strenght value?
everything left now is then to find the adress of the programming i guess.
i guess it's more clear for me now, thanks vanya :laugh:

February 07, 2018, 06:51:05 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
oh no wait!
i completely confused something!
the rounhouse kick deals x2
and the slide jump x1
this is actually how the damage is dealt.
so, i would have then to add a multiplication line?
sorry for the confusion i brought :huh:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 04:17:31 am by MaverickZero »

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 08, 2018, 08:34:07 pm »
Possibly, yes. It depends how things are handled.
You'd have to get a clearer look at the actual code in order to really decide what to do.

vergil2012

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 11, 2018, 05:42:47 am »
Do you plan on adding support for the European versions of these DS and GBA games? Just asking.

Nevermind, i read your post about the pointers here:
https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=23678.msg330906#msg330906

Sorry.

DarkPrinceAlucard

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 12, 2018, 03:12:07 am »
Hey Lagolunatic got another question, I'm having a hard to trying to fix a issue I'm having with Order of Ecclesia where i really want to replace Shanoa with a male character but I'm unable to figure out how to get a male voice to load instead of a female one, I've tried tools like vgmtrans,DS Sound Studios, and of course your DSvania tool but can not fine the voices for characters within the first two tool and in yours I'm unable to swap Shanoa's for say Albus's which would be better than nothing at this point, and tips?

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 12, 2018, 03:38:46 am »
Hey Lagolunatic got another question, I'm having a hard to trying to fix a issue I'm having with Order of Ecclesia where i really want to replace Shanoa with a male character but I'm unable to figure out how to get a male voice to load instead of a female one, I've tried tools like vgmtrans,DS Sound Studios, and of course your DSvania tool but can not fine the voices for characters within the first two tool and in yours I'm unable to swap Shanoa's for say Albus's which would be better than nothing at this point, and tips?

It looks like there's a list of Shanoa's voice SFX indexes starting at 020EF27C. For example if you change the first byte there from 23 to 9B, then one of Shanoa's voices that can randomly play when she's swinging a melee weapon turns into one of Albus's voice lines instead. I assume if you change all of those in that list to appropriate SFX indexes for Albus then all of Shanoa's voices will be replaced. You'll need to figure out the exact values you need to change them to, I don't know other Albus voice indexes besides 9B.
Also I think you only need to change every 4th byte, the "00 00 44" part seems like it should be left alone.

DarkPrinceAlucard

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 12, 2018, 10:06:15 pm »
It looks like there's a list of Shanoa's voice SFX indexes starting at 020EF27C. For example if you change the first byte there from 23 to 9B, then one of Shanoa's voices that can randomly play when she's swinging a melee weapon turns into one of Albus's voice lines instead. I assume if you change all of those in that list to appropriate SFX indexes for Albus then all of Shanoa's voices will be replaced. You'll need to figure out the exact values you need to change them to, I don't know other Albus voice indexes besides 9B.
Also I think you only need to change every 4th byte, the "00 00 44" part seems like it should be left alone.

Ok what tool what i use to change the byte?

A Hex editor or some other tool?

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 13, 2018, 12:53:42 am »
Ok what tool what i use to change the byte?

A Hex editor or some other tool?

Yep you would use a hex editor to edit ftc/arm9.bin.

Also I realized that Albus's voice SFX indexes are near there too, starting at 020EF33C. So it might be that all you have to do is copy paste Albus's over top of Shanoa's and it would work.

DarkPrinceAlucard

• View Profile
« Reply #330 on: February 13, 2018, 01:12:21 am »
Yep you would use a hex editor to edit ftc/arm9.bin.

Also I realized that Albus's voice SFX indexes are near there too, starting at 020EF33C. So it might be that all you have to do is copy paste Albus's over top of Shanoa's and it would work.

Ok so what to a search for within the hex editor?

I'm using HxD and whenever I try to search for 020EF27C within the arm9 bin I get nothing, am I missing something when you say it starts with 020EF27C?

Am I right in assuming 020EF27C is the offset I should search for or is it the hexadecimal?

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 13, 2018, 01:14:25 am »
Ok so what to a search for within the hex editor?

I'm using HxD and whenever I try to search for 020EF27C within the arm9 bin I get nothing, am I missing something when you say it starts with 020EF27C?

Am I right in assuming 020EF27C is the offset I should search for or is it the hexadecimal?

Neither, 020EF27C is the RAM address. Since arm9.bin is loaded into RAM at 02000000 you subtract that from the address to get the offset within the file. So in your hex editor press ctrl+g and put in EF27C.

DarkPrinceAlucard

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 13, 2018, 01:32:12 am »
Neither, 020EF27C is the RAM address. Since arm9.bin is loaded into RAM at 02000000 you subtract that from the address to get the offset within the file. So in your hex editor press ctrl+g and put in EF27C.

Well I got it to work and figured out some of Albus's different voices bytes to use, but it kinda backfired on me since they all involved him shouting about his different shot attacks which was not what I was looking for, I was mostly just trying to get some male groans and moans.

LagoLunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 13, 2018, 01:40:55 am »
Well I got it to work and figured out some of Albus's different voices bytes to use, but it kinda backfired on me since they all involved him shouting about his different shot attacks which was not what I was looking for, I was mostly just trying to get some male groans and moans.

Albus seems to have a few generic grunts too, like 78, 79, 7C.

DarkPrinceAlucard

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 13, 2018, 01:48:12 am »
Albus seems to have a few generic grunts too, like 78, 79, 7C.

Ok MUCH better lol, it lines up perfectly with a male character attacking, thanks for the help dude. :beer: