News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database  (Read 1833 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« on: February 20, 2017, 06:00:02 am »

Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link

treos

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 07:09:39 am »
if that seal simplify hack works as intended then that hack will be an incredible act of mercy on those who choose to try that game. cause those seals are NOT easy to pull off. especially the endgame seals that get rather complex.

edit: huh, looks like Castlevania DOS: Magic Seal Fix US is the same hack but for the US version of the game.

and another difficulty hack, Order of Ecclesia ILLUSION. which not only raises enemy attack a bit but also doubles enemy HP. and judging by the screenshots it's another case of enemies being spammed.

screenshot #4 is literally 4 or more of the same enemy stacked on top of each other. "enemy spam" as i'm gonna start calling this type of hack looks like a pretty simple and cheap method of raising the difficulty of a game. if anything, your just making it more annoying than hard and giving players more of a reason to use infinite HP cheats with this kind of hack as this reduces the space you can maneuver in and making it harder to survive without giving some means of countering the difficulty and balancing things out.

heres a thumbs down for that and any other hack that uses that cheap method of raising difficulty in a game.

to the creator of said hack: there has to be some form of balance in a game. if theres no balance then it only pushes players to find ways to exploit and cheat to survive. that would mean tinkering with the game via cheat engine in my case.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 07:20:59 am by treos »

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 12:13:47 pm »
One thing to note about Wily Wars is that faster shooting makes the game a bit easier overall than the NES ones, since enemy speeds were also changed. I played through the games with those hacks as GG codes earlier. Another is that there aren't any side effects to overclocking in an emulator, so you can remove all the slowdown.
Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.

ikusatatsu_ushiromiya

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 05:34:51 am »
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia ILLUSION V1.1 still has some bug.
I did a 1.2 Version to fix it.Please wait for it's submisson.

February 22, 2017, 05:55:14 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
if that seal simplify hack works as intended then that hack will be an incredible act of mercy on those who choose to try that game. cause those seals are NOT easy to pull off. especially the endgame seals that get rather complex.

edit: huh, looks like Castlevania DOS: Magic Seal Fix US is the same hack but for the US version of the game.

and another difficulty hack, Order of Ecclesia ILLUSION. which not only raises enemy attack a bit but also doubles enemy HP. and judging by the screenshots it's another case of enemies being spammed.

screenshot #4 is literally 4 or more of the same enemy stacked on top of each other. "enemy spam" as i'm gonna start calling this type of hack looks like a pretty simple and cheap method of raising the difficulty of a game. if anything, your just making it more annoying than hard and giving players more of a reason to use infinite HP cheats with this kind of hack as this reduces the space you can maneuver in and making it harder to survive without giving some means of countering the difficulty and balancing things out.

heres a thumbs down for that and any other hack that uses that cheap method of raising difficulty in a game.

to the creator of said hack: there has to be some form of balance in a game. if theres no balance then it only pushes players to find ways to exploit and cheat to survive. that would mean tinkering with the game via cheat engine in my case.
Different people like different game.Maybe you regard my hacks as very difficult hack, but it's only a little hard for someone.Some of my friend like the"enemy spam" and think it is interesting.They feel the Casvania games are too easy, my hack has some challenges and not too difficult to finish it.
One of my friend in China even make a video in the Chinese video website Bilibili:http://www.bilibili.com/video/av8720778/
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 05:55:14 am by ikusatatsu_ushiromiya »

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 06:05:13 am »
Yeah, i had to make the patch for the US version of the game cause the hack author of the other hack didn't make a patch for the US version. That's the one I'd be playing. Someone else already found the address so I just did the hex editing and made a patch and gave that guy the credit.

gauchomax

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 03:32:58 pm »
I concur with Treos, the difficulty hacks for the Metroidvania are beyond terrible. But hey, if anyone manage to somehow enjoy these, more power to them.

Hextator

• Discord: Hextator#6552
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 06:03:37 pm »
Yeah, i had to make the patch for the US version of the game cause the hack author of the other hack didn't make a patch for the US version. That's the one I'd be playing. Someone else already found the address so I just did the hex editing and made a patch and gave that guy the credit.

You didn't credit me, you credited some other guy who posted that he didn't find the address.

The license

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/336940/Hexware/License.html

that applies to the file you took that info from clearly states that you must attribute that information to me, so if you want to fix your submission that would be great.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 06:28:50 pm »
I made a submission to the queue. The article should be updated sometime soon.

Edit: Hexware liscense? I didn't use any Hexware. i just used the address posted by Justin and edited the appropriate address in the ROM. I didn't actually use your code for anything. I wouldnt' have known how to use it to find the real adress. I did credit you in a edit to the article tho.

Edit2: This is where I got the rom address from: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,22445.msg320923.html#msg320923

He don't mention Hexware. So I never would have known he used it or that it has a liscense.

The address isn't the same as what you found.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 08:17:39 pm by MathUser2929 »

ikusatatsu_ushiromiya

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 09:38:16 am »
I concur with Treos, the difficulty hacks for the Metroidvania are beyond terrible. But hey, if anyone manage to somehow enjoy these, more power to them.
I can clear my Metroidvania hack and didn't feel it's too hard.Maybe I'm good at action game.

gauchomax

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 12:59:39 pm »
-- Rule 1 Nuke --
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 02:56:43 pm by MathOnNapkins »

Special

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 01:16:08 pm »
-- Rule 1 Nuke --

You sure are mad about video games.

Pro tip: Instead of getting worked up over some bad hack/translation project on this site, you should just ignore it instead, this site contains like 80% low effort crap, and there's plenty worse offenders then this one.

Or since you're an expert on difficulty balance and design, you should put your money where your mouth is? Have you played said hack? If it's legit beatable then it holds some merit to someone somewhere, you could also maybe add some input for author instead of going "lol I didn't play it but enemy spam lol lazy".
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 02:57:04 pm by MathOnNapkins »

gauchomax

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 01:27:52 pm »
-- Rule 1 Nuke --
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 02:53:53 pm by MathOnNapkins »