News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Protoman's Future (megaman X hack) - Open project - Work in progress  (Read 2930 times)

protorock

• Proud Newbie Graphic Hacker
    • View Profile
Hi guys, I have been working on a romhack since 2013, learning a lot about graphic hacking in megaman X and such. Now I finally will release it here to finish it, since it is all me. It was Originally inspired by Protoman 21XX by Xstuff, BTW I used to call it Protoman 21XX, thinking that Xstuff abandoned the project, I was not aware this was breaking a rule or a disrespect and for that I apologize Xstuff. Even though it is inspired by Protoman 21XX, it has differences including: stage hacks, a level 1 charge blaster as a main and you are not OP.

Hack Currently has:
----------------

Protoman Skin over X

Hacked Stages:
1.Highway stage
2.Chamaleon (half)
3.Storm eagle
4.Octopus
5.Penguin
6.Flame Mammoth

-------
Engine and graphics:
Music has been changed
X has been changed to P
Life heads are changed to "Proto" heads
---------
Reason for leaving:
I became very,very,very obsessed with my hack, forgetting I was just doing it for fun, then suddenly seeing it in ebay for sale, next to Xstuff's own hack , so i rage-quit, but I am back. By the way, since it took me so much time. I went ahead and copyrighted the Protoman sprite art. He is called Protorock, that is why he is quite different to protoman in a way. This also made me go away for awhile plus I don't want someone stealing it, without permission  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:. Which by the way if you wish to use the sprite go ahead and message me i will send you the art.

What we need (and or missing,need help and etc.)
----
Level Editing:
1.Armadillo stage
2.Spark mandrill Stage
3.Sigma fortress stages

Engine:
1.Different capsule power ups:
    Head:Infinite ammo
    Legs:double jump
    Body:Leave as it is
    Arms:Charging from 2 to three

2.Dash available from the beginning

3.Buster power not 1, but level 2. (no charging)

Graphics:
1.Armor changing: legs,helmet,body and hands.
2.Beginning megaman x, change to protoman

bugs: downward left of megaman x

I might have forgotten some....If I remember I will update
You are all welcome to help
Thanks in advance!
Protorock

PD:
(I will also add some, sprites for proto changes in order to make graphic editing easy)

Download:
http://www.megafileupload.com/6rjx/protoman_s_future_(4-4-2016).ips

Thanks to:
Nio Erzebeth
Matricks
Xstuff
Justin
slidelljohn

« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 02:14:19 pm by protorock »

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
Re: Protoman's Future (megaman X hack) - Open project - Work in progress
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 06:06:14 pm »
Wait, what, the music was changed?  How was that managed o-o  I don't recall much documentation on that whatsoever except that it was a slightly modified Mega Man.. 4 was it music engine.
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

protorock

• View Profile
Re: Protoman\'s Future (megaman X hack) - Open project - Work in progress
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 07:57:20 am »
Wait, what, the music was changed?  How was that managed o-o  I don't recall much documentation on that whatsoever except that it was a slightly modified Mega Man.. 4 was it music engine.
Yeah bro, back when you helped me it was changed but not completely if you want the music ips i can post it. :)

April 05, 2016, 12:18:58 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)

Just  uploaded the music change Ips, to romhacking...now to wait if they accept it :D, MY FIRST!!! :woot!: :woot!: :woot!: :woot!: :woot!:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 12:18:58 pm by protorock »

protorock

• View Profile
Re: Protoman\'s Future (megaman X hack) - Open project - Work in progress
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 08:39:24 am »
well 75% done...

xstuff and me joined forces... I needed help so he helped me with all the protoman sprites and a intro bug.

i just need to make some more sprites and (like the life). I am also redoing the story, since i couldnt change the bosses i had no choice but to change the story.Debugging, fixing level design...pretty hard. but wont give up! yeah!

January 09, 2017, 09:03:33 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Protoman 21XX - Screen shots - Snes (megaman X hack) (Current)

(links for pics)

https://www.mediafire.com/?u8gcxzalcaba1y0

http://www.mediafire.com/view/5ac926jcbsdd08j/PROTOMAN.png

https://www.mediafire.com/?lz3590n9l3g2zl5
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 09:03:33 am by protorock »

XenohDeo

• View Profile
Re: Protoman's Future (megaman X hack) - Open project - Work in progress
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 06:29:31 am »
link is down ne link please