Mega Man X - New Hard Type is a redesign and rebalance project for the original Mega Man X for the SNES. Within its scope is to provide a fully fresh experience to the veterans of the series, while maintaining the original game's spirit.
The original project, called Mega Man X - Hard Type, was started in 2013 and finished using Xeeynamo's editor in 2015 (link: http://www.insanedifficulty.com/board/index.php?/files/file/72-mega-man-x-hard-type/
). During 2016, I have been working with the RHDN user redguy, giving him feedback while he expanded the usability of the editor to include a handful of features, which convincinced me to reboot the project from scratch. So, for anyone who's played Hard Type, I strongly encourage to give this one a try with fresh eyes, for the design philosophy of this new project is quite different to the old one.
This hack will include in its final version:
- Complete redesign of all levels.
- Enhanced speed and AI of all enemies.
- Infinite lives and death counter (X can exit all stages but the intro stage, so he doesn't get stuck in the levels)
- Rebalance of projectiles speed, damage and other parameters.
- New upgrades!
- Player starts with the dash ability incorporated.
- Leg upgrade now gives the ability to break breakable tiles with the dash, slower slide wall descent, and higher jump.
- Head upgrade gives the usual helmet upgrade, plus half of a subtank refill after death.
- Zero gives X a new upgrade after he dies (No spoilers on what it is)
- Hadouken will not require revisits, and will have the same prerequisites as in MHX.
- You get 1 Subtank for every 2 Subtank pieces collected, making it a max of 2 Subtanks per playthrough. Added a Subtank piece counter in the menu.
- New Game +
- Other misc changes.
Download alpha version:http://www.insanedifficulty.com/board/index.php?/files/file/86-mega-man-x-new-hard-type/
Current version only includes gameplay for the intro stage.
is appreciated. Will be updating this thread when new versions get uploaded.