News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Romancing Saga 3 English re-translation [WIP]  (Read 48714 times)

sveinjk

• View Profile
Re: Romancing Saga 3 English re-translation [WIP]
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2018, 04:45:59 am »
I would like to volunteer, I did playtest for Tengai Makyou Zero for Tom and DDS.
I played through RS3 just after Manasword released the current available patch, but that was many many years ago.
My native tongue is not English, but having completed a PhD in Chemistry I have a good grasp on it.

sveinjk

vergil2012

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2018, 05:06:23 am »
It's kinda disaponting that nobody is willing to help beta-testing the game... I thought more people would be interested on the game seeing that lot of people replied in this thread, but it seems I was wrong.
I really would like to beta-test the game by myself, but I'm not english native and not the most suitable person to do it.

I would like to help, but unfortunately english is not my native language as well, so I'm afraid I wouldn't be of any help. I hope that you find some people, this looks really good.

I just wanted to show my interest with this post to the translation. Sadly that is all I can do.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 12:53:18 pm by vergil2012 »

STARWIN

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2018, 05:49:57 am »
Most of people aren't native english speakers, though I think we can still spot accidental spanish or out of box printing. :P

While I understand the idea of trying to spread different characters to dedicated testers to maximize coverage, I suspect that an open beta would be more efficient. Covering everything in a game with a lot of branches like this is hard anyway, and less organization/attention is needed if you just leave an open beta available and wait for reports. It worked pretty nicely for the RS1 project I think.

It would be easy for me to play the game because it is great, but I couldn't *guarantee* dedicated testing right now personally.

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2018, 01:14:31 pm »
It's kinda disaponting that nobody is willing to help beta-testing the game... I thought more people would be interested on the game seeing that lot of people replied in this thread, but it seems I was wrong.
I really would like to beta-test the game by myself, but I'm not english native and not the most suitable person to do it.

It's a shame to hear that. I myself am very busy with work and applying for studies, otherwise I would've gladly contributed to the project  :(
Helicoptering about till I find some ROM hacking treasure.

magno

• View Profile
    • Traducciones Magno
« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2018, 01:52:16 pm »
Most of people aren't native english speakers, though I think we can still spot accidental spanish or out of box printing. :P

Yes, but I think it would be more efficient to revise grammar errors, out-of-context phrases and typos along with bad formatted text if you are english native.

While I understand the idea of trying to spread different characters to dedicated testers to maximize coverage, I suspect that an open beta would be more efficient. Covering everything in a game with a lot of branches like this is hard anyway, and less organization/attention is needed if you just leave an open beta available and wait for reports. It worked pretty nicely for the RS1 project I think.

That could be a good choice when all miscellaneous text is translated, but I think it would chaotic right now. Just imagine hundred of emails reporting the same text with the same player, plus complaining about not all text completely translated into english.

Anyway, Einen emailed me to say that the remaining text could be finished in a short time, so maybe I could send a fully translated version to all of you who are interested on beta-testing.
There is no need to beat the game in a month, there is no deadline... I started that project 6 years ago, I don't think there would be any problem in waiting another half a year or so for a final release.

ArtistofLegacy

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2018, 02:27:37 pm »
I've been following this project since the first post, but have only just now decided to make an account. Truthfully, I was thinking on making an account earlier and offer to beta test, but I have no real experience with the game. I've only ever read an LP and watched videos of the aabeta/bokuno hacks. But if no one volunteers, I'm willing to help.

STARWIN

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2018, 08:56:41 am »
That could be a good choice when all miscellaneous text is translated, but I think it would chaotic right now. Just imagine hundred of emails reporting the same text with the same player, plus complaining about not all text completely translated into english.

Just noting that if the testers report to a common place, like this thread for example, it would reduce those duplicates and perhaps be easier to manage than individual emails.

Magma Dragoon

• Every day is night
    • View Profile
    • My Hideout
« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2018, 12:25:27 pm »
You might want to ask on the SaGa Wiki: http://saga.wikia.com/wiki/

kalimizu

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 31, 2018, 12:06:20 am »
Hi, I was wondering if I can become a tester? (:

kain611

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 31, 2018, 07:04:46 pm »
Love SaGa series and will throw my hat in the ring for testing if needed.

magno

• View Profile
    • Traducciones Magno
« Reply #110 on: September 03, 2018, 01:08:42 pm »
Finally I had some time to fix the menu layout for english script. I've played a couple of hours and the shops and military menus work fine.

I'll send the beta patch to those who were willing to beta-test the game and who sent an email for contact XD

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 03, 2018, 01:11:29 pm »
Awesome! Really love that you're willing to put time intoan English translation as well.
Helicoptering about till I find some ROM hacking treasure.

Isao Kronos

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 03, 2018, 01:48:19 pm »
i was thinking about this the other day but didn't feel like asking for progress because that's rude and I know your focus is mostly your Spanish stuff

glad to see an update, wish I had the time/energy to beta test lol

Tonystigma

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2018, 09:05:38 pm »
I'm a huge JRPG fan who's never touched this series, but I'm an alright editor and know how to patch a ROM! Feel free to email if I could be of assistance.

Foxbat

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 01, 2019, 02:50:06 am »
Apologies for the thread necromancy here, but I was just made aware of this re-translation effort very recently.  If this is still a going concern even with the impending re-release of RS3, then I'd be interested in lending a hand with the beta test.  Last time I played through RS3 was when the Manasword(?) translation first came out and I've been itching to have another go.  Anyway, feel free to toss me a line if you can use another beta tester.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 17, 2019, 10:22:09 am »
Just wanted to mention that the mobile version's out.  As expected, no fanfare or even a notice outside of spotting it in the new/updated section.  I'm guessing the price is one reason for that.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 10:32:22 am by Chronosplit »

Arn

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 17, 2019, 11:02:16 am »
Just wanted to mention that the mobile version's out.  As expected, no fanfare or even a notice outside of spotting it in the new/updated section.  I'm guessing the price is one reason for that.

The game is also locked on 30 FPS for some reason, which makes the ported smooth animated sprites from the SNES version really bad. They could've at least ported the sprites over from Imperial SaGa or something.