News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Brazilian Portuguese - Translation help needed for LoZ Ocarina of Time (N64)  (Read 1403 times)

Aroenai

• View Profile
Hey Guys,

I'm currently working on a Brazilian Portuguese translation for The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time: Master Quest, unfortunately I don't speak the language and am relying on translation assistance. I'm working off of the work done by Fserve on his latest 1.7 patch, but I've been told the use of some pronouns and certain phrases throughout the script are kind of odd (likely the result of the NTSC v1.0 text length restrictions). My current patch is for the USA Master Quest rom, but I'll be working on moving the patch to the Europe rom now that we have a patch to extend the number of characters in the game font (credit to my hacking partner, Ozidual) so we can eventually have a multilingual patch.

Current patch (matches text export below):
Original rom: Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (USA) (GameCube Edition).z64
CRC32: C744C4DB    SHA-1: 8B5D13AAC69BFBF989861CFDC50B1D840945FC1D
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/9lxw0wls6g4dv7m/OoT-MQ-U-n64_T-BR.zip

I've created a modified version of Sage_of_Mirror's Ocarina of Time Text Editor that exports text compatible (for the most part, it'll still require some manual adjustments) with Ozidual's expanded font patch to help with the translation process. I just need someone to review the text and make corrections. Text is included as exported files in the .zip below.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tee3xqqqy8ybkd9/OcarinaTextEditor_Ozidual-font.zip

tvtoon

• View Profile
One of the authors is the creator of xBR filter, I suggest you contact them for any details before. I will take a while to read it this weekend.
So I read both the script and played the game, there is nothing wrong with the text from the original work.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 09:07:43 pm by tvtoon »

Aroenai

• View Profile
Huh, well I pulled the original messages I got regarding the translation. Maybe this will shed some light?

Quote from: Junninx
Hey, I noticed in the fserve patch, there is some translations poorly translated and incoherent, if you like to me help to correct them for a ultimate patch, just tell me, I want to revise the patch but I'm not sure if I can handle it alone yet.
Quote from: Junninx
I saw these problems in game, probably because there was too much people involved into it, and they uses similar but different words, such like plural ones, or even a less explanatory word.

Unfortunately, this was back in August and I've been trying to get in touch with this person again to find out exactly what they thought needed changing. Haven't heard back yet though. :huh:

ofernandofilo

• View Profile
hm... I'm brazilian... I don't speak english very well, but I translated one movie and one comic in english to brazilian portuguese. Never done n64 games. And I don't know what tools I need to review your work.

I downloaded the file: OcarinaTextEditor_Ozidual-font.zip, opened the OcarinaTextEditor_Ozidual-font\Portuguese Text\StringData.bin in notepadpp. This is the file that I should review? What tool I need?

cheers