News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database  (Read 3204 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« on: January 26, 2017, 07:07:49 pm »

Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link

MathUser2929

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 08:19:31 pm »
I submitted a review for the Super DD one. It seems like a good hack. I always thought it ran a little too slow.

Dwedit

• View Profile
    • Dwedit's Website
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 10:28:19 pm »
When you make a shitty graphics hack, then claim it's "Atari", you've still made a shitty graphics hack.
"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button-pressing overlord."

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 10:38:17 pm »
It really does make it look like Atari graphics tho. I don't really see the appeal in wanting it to look like Atari tho. All that effort editing the graphics just to make it look worst.

Zero Dozer

• Wow, I've used that Eminem quote for a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 11:14:49 pm »
When you make a shitty graphics hack, then claim it's "Atari", you've still made a shitty graphics hack.

I think my eyes bled when I saw the hack's image here.

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 12:28:01 am »
It looks a bit better than many Atari graphics hacks which just replace the characters with huge blobs of color. This actually does look kind of like an Atari game.

...that said, why would you want to make a game look worse? The 2600 had awful graphics, no two ways about it.

Burnt Lasagna

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 02:08:51 pm »
...that said, why would you want to make a game look worse? The 2600 had awful graphics, no two ways about it.
Some people think the NES had awful graphics, yet there are still countless indie games that strive for that look.

Dwedit

• View Profile
    • Dwedit's Website
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 02:22:00 pm »
I'm more specifically talking about the stupid Mega Man 3 hack, replacing Megaman with a box.  Inexcusable, especially considering that there's an actual homebrew Megaman game that runs on the Atari 2600.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 02:30:44 pm by Dwedit »
"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button-pressing overlord."

Harlemhero

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 06:10:52 pm »
Anyone actually like the Friday the 13th edits?

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 06:34:16 pm »

That game needs more than just a facelift.
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

nesrocks

• View Profile
    • nesrocks.com
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2017, 08:57:51 pm »
I haven't tried the hack yet because the few times I tried the game I was utterly confused as to what the game expects me to do. And I kinda like Jaws, so I don't think the problem is the game being bad, it's just that it is too vague.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 12:51:06 am »
I haven't tried the hack yet because the few times I tried the game I was utterly confused as to what the game expects me to do. And I kinda like Jaws, so I don't think the problem is the game being bad, it's just that it is too vague.

I had it when I was a kid. It would have been less confusing if I had the instruction manual but being a kid I had plenty of time to figure it out (and a Game Genie, hehehe).

Some of your main objectives are:
-kill Jason before he has time to kill all of the campers
-light all the fireplaces in the large cabins in order to obtain the flashlight (allows you to see secret passages in the cave)*
-find keys so you can get into the secret room in the cave or the secret cabins in the woods (I think you need keys for those too...?).
-kill Jason's mother to get special items

*once you know where the secret areas are in the cave you should be able to find them easily without the flashlight the next time you play

Don't forget:
-when the alarm goes off you can check the map to see what cabin Jason will be in
-the potions you find (the jars) go into your inventory. you can use them to refill your health
-you can pass items from one counselor to another if you go into their cabin
-you can move across the map a lot quicker by going into a large cabin, bringing up the map and then just selecting another house that has another counselor in it
-the main way to find items seems to be running around and jumping
-Jason doesn't just appear at random. while he doesn't appear on the map, he does move around on it just as your characters do
-sometimes when you fight Jason outside you can chase him down when he tries to run away
-you have to beat the game 3 times to get the real ending. not as hard as it sounds once you know exactly what to do
-when walking around outside, what you see in the background is always going to be inwards, not outwards. think of the background as looking towards the center of whatever loop (of road) you are walking on. the only time this does not apply is when you are in a boat on the lake. in that situation the background is looking outwards. if you don't pay attention to this you will find yourself wasting a lot of time going the wrong way.

It's a little foggy but I think that's how things work. It's a very unique game and pretty fun once you figure it out.
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.