News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Chrono trigger plus  (Read 252673 times)

andrewclunn

• View Profile
Re: Chrono trigger plus
« Reply #1040 on: December 27, 2019, 08:22:18 pm »
Cool, so then the only game breaking issue is using the forest quest to get Frog and Ayla early then.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: December 27, 2019, 09:37:16 pm »
You can manually change the Epoch's era by setting 7E029F to the Location number you want. It's accessible from the end of time no matter what era you last had it in, but you can set it to 1D9 manually for this.

thank you.

Cool, so then the only game breaking issue is using the forest quest to get Frog and Ayla early then.

Ya I'll have to experiment with that one.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: December 28, 2019, 07:31:19 am »
Went back to fight Hakkern after beating Magu and the boss was gone.  Good catch there.  :thumbsup:

December 28, 2019, 07:34:37 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
You might want to autocomplete the Zenon bridge stuff when you repair it after beating Magus.  The knights are stll expecting rations, and coming in from the back shows them batting some Skeletons.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: December 28, 2019, 09:55:57 pm »
I takled most of these, Zenan bridge I cant figure out it should be story flagged.

The forest should work, but it was complex but I think I got it.

Everything 65 mil related should work.

Making Lucca the default instead of Robo helping Melchior will be a huge pain, I might take a crack at it though.

I made accessories sellable, didn't change the prices though so they all go for 2$

Since a fresh game works good now I'll PM you a new patch when I get it ready.

pleasejust

• View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: January 25, 2020, 06:01:02 pm »
Any word on progress?

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: January 25, 2020, 06:18:17 pm »
Yup stuff is still happening, Andrew Clunn has been testing and reporting it via PM, most of what's happened is bug fixes.

Trying to remove alot of the linearity from ng+ by allowing you early access to the Epoch seems to be working great.

I finally understand how to extract the graphics and edit them so I added a real Neofio to the suite in 1999.

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: January 26, 2020, 12:40:12 am »
Yup stuff is still happening, Andrew Clunn has been testing and reporting it via PM, most of what's happened is bug fixes.

Trying to remove alot of the linearity from ng+ by allowing you early access to the Epoch seems to be working great.

I finally understand how to extract the graphics and edit them so I added a real Neofio to the suite in 1999.
Nice!

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: January 26, 2020, 11:45:54 pm »
So I had a idea regarding those extra dungeons from the DS version, so from what I read from our last conversation a long while back that it seems you were not a fan of those dungeons (given I had my grievances with it myself, but some parts were still pretty fun). What if though if those extra dungeons could be re-worked that would make more sense to you? Basically cutting out the filler of the dungeons, and actually make them more fun than how the DS versions had done it.

Personally I wouldn't miss the original designs if you had something way better in mind if those extra bosses were to be integrated into this romhack.

If not considered then it's all cool, I thought I suggest is all.  :)

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: January 27, 2020, 08:43:04 am »
I've used up almost all of the remaining maps in the ROM, what from the ds extras specifically would you want?

Boozekin

• View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: January 28, 2020, 07:47:09 pm »
I would also like to through in a suggestion. tabs for everything. hit, evade, stam. I always wanted to max out my characters, but never could. you could throw them in the added dungeons. You could get like 5 or so every play through and eventually max out every character or just one you really like. I really like the mod, I brings me back to when the game was challenging for a 7 year old.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: January 28, 2020, 11:31:58 pm »
I don't have tabs for everything, but every stat can be maxed (over a few playthroughs) using the stat enhancement chips in 1999.

Boozekin

• View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: January 29, 2020, 02:45:27 pm »
oh that's cool. I havn't got to that content yet. nice addition.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: January 30, 2020, 10:18:01 am »
I don't have tabs for everything, but every stat can be maxed (over a few playthroughs) using the stat enhancement chips in 1999.

With the exception of Robo

Boozekin

• View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: January 30, 2020, 11:55:07 am »
I would like to throw my hat into the bug hunt arena. I have been playing 2.1.2. The game froze for me between zeal being blown up by lavos and everyone waking up in the hut in 12000. I updated to 2.3.3 which fixed that. so i'm not sure if that's a bug which has been fixed (wish you had a comprehensive change log). But after the update I think the game removed the flag for having the amulet. also, when i took the epoch to the end of time I could not get back onto it. So I'm not sure if there is a flag for that or how that works. This is all probably becuase I updated the game half way through I'm guessing. I figured I would let you know anyways.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: January 30, 2020, 12:57:07 pm »
Ya I have that fixed now, but my current build has messed up menu colors so I cant release it right away.

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: January 31, 2020, 05:42:30 am »
I would like to throw my hat into the bug hunt arena. I have been playing 2.1.2. The game froze for me between zeal being blown up by lavos and everyone waking up in the hut in 12000. I updated to 2.3.3 which fixed that. so i'm not sure if that's a bug which has been fixed (wish you had a comprehensive change log). But after the update I think the game removed the flag for having the amulet. also, when i took the epoch to the end of time I could not get back onto it. So I'm not sure if there is a flag for that or how that works. This is all probably becuase I updated the game half way through I'm guessing. I figured I would let you know anyways.
There were a ton of changes and fixes from 2.1.2 through to 2.3.3. A fresh start is required for that kind of version jump.

Grillkick

• View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: January 31, 2020, 01:48:55 pm »
Regarding the DS extras, I was not a big fan of the dimension vortexes. But I was a big fan of being able to fight the Dream Devourer, get the Dreamseeker, and obtain the additional ending. I don't know if those things are already in CT+, but if not I think they would be great :)

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: February 04, 2020, 01:45:49 pm »
I liked the Dream devourer too but that's a major undertaking to add the sprites, I might consider adding the ds ending if you had a good place to put it.

There is a new version in cue to be uploaded right now, fixes some more bugs and I finally added a proper custom Sprite for my "Neofio" in the suite.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: February 07, 2020, 11:42:22 am »
After extensive testing I give my blessing to the current build of this hack.  There are really only three outstanding issues:
- Some doorways being able to be skipped over with the sprint shoes, which will never result in a soft lock (the user can always get out of it), but can be annoying.
- Glenn's human pose in some scenes leaves the user knowing that a human Glenn update is planned and just not implemented yet.
- That super secret 600 AD bug that you've got to be an specifically trying to break the game to recreate (leave this one, I really want to see if anyone else happens upon it).

This feels like the version where Chrono Trigger plus really became an open ended game, where the clear ready-made path is always available and clear (well accept that you are supposed to go to the present instead of the distant past right after getting to the end of time), but you can tackle a whole lot of things out of order if you desire, even skipping numerous plot points if it's new game plus or you really know what your'e doing.  Also the 1999 region is incredibly well done with loads of side quests and events that are both rewarding in terms of plot, characterization, and power ups.

There are several things I would like to see going forward (some of which are clearly already planned, like the Glenn human form), but I just want to thank ThegreatBen for all his work on this hack.  This is up there with the likes of Mega Man X3 Zero project, as one of those passion projects that goes through countless iterations towards making a definitive and superior game in every way to the original.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: February 07, 2020, 01:10:38 pm »
I'm honored,  the mmx3 Zero project is what all other hacks should aspire to.

I am still a little worried about the disappearing Ayla bug, can I get you to explicitly confirm that as of the last build that she rejoins after the campfire scene?

Going forward major releases are unlikely, I'm still fixing the grammar and doing small things like make more npc's face you when talking. I also made the Tyrano lair theme play through all the battles there.

As for human Glenn I'm trying to get as much as I can done without annoying Mauron too much, the events are in place including some the players dont see yet, the palette is successfully imported and can now reflected in the menu, unfortunately he will not have a menu portrait as too much character data is attached to them.