News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Chrono trigger plus  (Read 210967 times)

edale

• View Profile
Re: Chrono trigger plus
« Reply #960 on: September 23, 2019, 02:25:22 pm »
Wow you're right, how the hell did that happen? I double and triple checked it. :banghead:

Guess it's getting uploaded again, thanks for the heads up. I only change the number when I add new features, I dont consider fixing bugs something that warrants a new version but I might be wrong.
Basic convention is "1.1.1" where:
1st number is for major overhauls or when a large number of minor additions build up.
2nd number is for minor additions.
3rd number is for hotfixes, such as bug patches.

Alternately "1.1a" where the letter at the end is used for hotfixes.

This doesn't just help end-users, it also helps developers to keep from getting mixed up on which file is for which revision.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #961 on: September 23, 2019, 06:28:00 pm »
You guys are right so that's what I started doing, anyway the real fix for that stupid clone glitch is finally up.

Magus' clone had to be hidden until after he is recruited otherwise it would be standing in the same spot as him in the scene on the cape, so I guess it wasn't for nothing I made another version.

I also cleaned up my purchasable cat food and cat carry over coding as well.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 06:35:18 pm by ThegreatBen »

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #962 on: September 23, 2019, 09:49:47 pm »
No it seems to be a legit bug, I'll try to get a fix out.

It's related to the fair prizes carrying over that I added, not sure why it's happening though.

September 23, 2019, 09:36:45 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Clone glitch is now fixed, if you already won the clone you'll have to enter Blekkler's tent then go to Crono's room otherwise it will play as normal.
I didn't have this problem. I tried it last night both before Chrono dies and after, Chrono's clone still shows up. Was there a specific trigger(no pun intended) for that glitch?

Guess it's getting uploaded again, thanks for the heads up. I only change the number when I add new features, I dont consider fixing bugs something that warrants a new version but I might be wrong.
Maybe glitch/bug fixes can get a alpha denoter, IE 2.2a, 2.2b etc.. And then feature updates get point numbers like 2.2, 2.3, etc..

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #963 on: September 24, 2019, 10:45:34 am »
I didn't have this problem. I tried it last night both before Chrono dies and after, Chrono's clone still shows up. Was there a specific trigger(no pun intended) for that glitch?
Maybe glitch/bug fixes can get a alpha denoter, IE 2.2a, 2.2b etc.. And then feature updates get point numbers like 2.2, 2.3, etc..

It only happens if you try to get the clone with another person, the room didnt like the run around I used to get the prizes to carry over so it needed to be simplified.

Shade Aurion

• Submission Reviewer
  • Shadow Keeper
    • View Profile
    • DudeGoBack
« Reply #964 on: September 24, 2019, 03:44:35 pm »
There actually is the option to buy catfood in 1999, I tweaked it so it actually works now.

I dont remember much from another eden sorry.

For those that didnt notice the clone glitch is fixed

You don't really find out much about the bartender from Another Eden as he's rather mysterious, but it would be a pretty subtle nod to other games from Chrono Trigger staff that are involved in time travel and would likely fit well with the aesthetic. If you were to extend cameos to other games, i'd probably just keep it to games from the Chrono Trigger team. Radical Dreamers, Chrono Cross, I Am Setsuna, Lost Sphere and Another Eden: The Cat Beyond Time and Space. Radical Dreamers and Chrono Cross are both alleged sequels/part of the Chrono series either way and Another Eden is centered around time and dimensional travel so they'd make great potential easter eggs, though understandably, an annoying amount of additional work. That said, I nice future stretch goal once you've done everything you want to do perhaps ^_^

Here is the bartender from Another Eden anyways:

He has a pretty decent design

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #965 on: September 24, 2019, 05:29:34 pm »
There actually is a few Cross references in this hack all of them simple nods,  none of them forcing it as canon.

The bartender however I feel his role is already taken by Gaspar, the whole bar itself is the reference.

edale

• View Profile
« Reply #966 on: September 24, 2019, 11:20:26 pm »
... i'd probably just keep it to games from the Chrono Trigger team. Radical Dreamers, Chrono Cross, I Am Setsuna, Lost Sphere and Another Eden: The Cat Beyond Time and Space.
Erm.... I Am Setsuna wasn't done by anyone from the Chrono Trigger team...

Although it was an attempt to make a game with modern mechanics and the same feel as Chrono Trigger.

As I recall, Square made a subsidiary company, put out a job ad for game developers wanting to build games with the same feel as the classics like Chrono Trigger. They did not mention that Square was involved in any way, everyone thought they were applying to some new no-name game developer (they were trying to get people who wanted to develop games for the love of games, not for a paycheck); they didn't find out they were actually working for Square and had a HUGE budget (compared to what they were expecting to work with) until after they were hired.

Chrono Trigger was mentioned in those job ads, but no one from the Chrono Trigger team itself was involved.

Shade Aurion

• Submission Reviewer
  • Shadow Keeper
    • View Profile
    • DudeGoBack
« Reply #967 on: September 25, 2019, 12:02:44 am »

lexluthermiester

• View Profile

gardnaeden

• View Profile
« Reply #969 on: September 30, 2019, 09:17:12 pm »
I'm in my first playthrough in patch 2.1 and I'm not sure exactly what's causing it to happen, but it seems to be possible to refight the Frog King multiple times in the same playthrough. To cause it to happen, you need to beat the Frog King, then run in and out of the forest multiple times until you see the nu appear that says 'stop it you dog', and then wait for the nu to disappear from the map, not fight. When you enter the bush with frog in your party, it's as if you never beat the Frog King.  I don't know if there's repercussions for beating the frog king a second time, so I just reset the game. Just thought I'd bring this glitch to your attention.  I was puzzled as to why sometimes the event became undone and I realized that each time I triggered it was when the nu was present. I don't know if they share the same flag or what's happening.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #970 on: October 01, 2019, 09:35:01 am »
Interesting,  though there isn't any repercussions from fighting him multiple times I would like to know why you can.

gardnaeden

• View Profile
« Reply #971 on: October 03, 2019, 08:58:18 pm »
Good evening! I just got to the arcade at 1999 AD and it's a blackscreen. Reading earlier posts, I know this used to be an earlier issue that got fixed by a later update. What's a bit disorienting is that I seem to be using a pretty current patch. (the approximately September 12th one that fixed the overworld event with the ferry to Choras that I reported) Am I not using a current enough patch, or did something get undone?

Thank you!

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #972 on: October 04, 2019, 08:32:40 am »
I could never duplicate the arcade blackscreen to be able to figure out what's going on, I was told that it only happens occasionally but I'll take another look at its events when I get a chance.

TheChristoph

• View Profile
« Reply #973 on: October 05, 2019, 10:36:49 pm »
I spent like five hours on this today and I've been having a great time. I noticed a couple things you may want to know about. In the forest clearing outside of Guardia castle, the power tab graphic is weird. Instead of the glowing blue dot, it was the "miss" graphic. I spotted this one other place near the beginning of the game too, but didn't take note of where. And the guy who gives you the list of trading post items in prehistory calls the sword the "flint edge" when you really get a "mammo tusk". The ROM I used was from the nointro set on the archive.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #974 on: October 06, 2019, 04:58:40 pm »
I seem to recall someone else mentioning the tab, might be a Sprite limit? I have a few small bugs to work out thanks for the list, when I get a chance I'll tackle them.

TheChristoph

• View Profile
« Reply #975 on: October 06, 2019, 09:13:11 pm »
1999 is absolutely delightful!  ;D I got the black screen entering the arcade, too. I just left Medina and walked back in and it worked.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #976 on: October 07, 2019, 02:09:09 pm »
1999 is absolutely delightful!  ;D I got the black screen entering the arcade, too. I just left Medina and walked back in and it worked.

Thanks, I'm pretty proud of it.

As for the black screen I will do my best when I get some free time, probably a return command too far down.

Grimlock

• Graphics Artist, Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: October 12, 2019, 04:05:10 am »
Can I continue with my saved game if I apply this updated patch to the existing (already patched) ROM?  I'm already to Zeal.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #978 on: October 12, 2019, 07:39:35 am »
You can keep your saved game but apply it to a fresh rom and then just rename it the same as your patched one  (which you'll delete).

TheChristoph

• View Profile
« Reply #979 on: October 12, 2019, 05:56:44 pm »
I have a bunch of questions about 1999 but I don't want to junk up the thread...

Spoiler:
What do the various chips do?
Gobb upgraded Lucca's weapon, does he do anything else?
Mr. Bangor told me he wanted a chip, I think I found it, but now he just says Welcome to the BioDome. Anything to do here?
The guy in Arris dome told me about a research facility. Was that Cretaceous Park? I beat Diego, is anything else supposed to happen?
Is it possible to get into Geno Dome?
Is it possible to open the black chest in Medina?