News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Chrono trigger plus  (Read 211022 times)

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
Re: Chrono trigger plus
« Reply #940 on: September 15, 2019, 09:23:20 am »
How do I compare 307FFE with $E41B?

Then in the endings I store the flags in 307FE3-EF?

Mauron

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: September 15, 2019, 12:26:51 pm »
So if I'm reading this right, once the viewer is released... Hex-editing the values in a save file at 307FE3 through 307FEF would let me unlock all the endings?

No, for a save file those offsets would be 1FE3.

How do I compare 307FFE with $E41B?

Then in the endings I store the flags in 307FE3-EF?

Assign(Mem.307FFE, Mem.7F0202, two)
If (Mem.7F0202 == E41B)

If you use bitflags, you could cover all endings in 307FE3-4. I'd still recommend resetting the rest in case you decide to use more global storage later.
Mauron wuz here.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #942 on: September 16, 2019, 08:16:55 am »
Ah that's much clearer, though I dont plan on doing it right away it should be easy enough when I do, thanks.

Grimlock

• Graphics Artist, Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: September 16, 2019, 11:20:00 am »
Great work on this project, I'm only a couple hours in and so far I'm enjoying the changes. There is one thing though, regarding the "always run".  Is there a way to toggle that? I actually kind of like the default run setup that requires you to hold the B button. Is there a button combination to toggle it? If not, is there a hex value I can edit to change it to default? If you can, in the future it would be a nice feature to edit the run behavior so that a press of B toggles run/walk rather than always run, hold B to walk. I just find that in many instances the walking speed is too high, such as trying to walk up to a box or person.  I find holding to walk a bit odd and it just doesn't feel right.  Any solutions you can offer?

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #944 on: September 16, 2019, 02:08:38 pm »
Sadly it became mandatory when the Speed Shoes item was added, however Mauron mentioned something about making a reverted patch.

Mauron

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: September 16, 2019, 03:18:02 pm »
Walk by default with speed shoes.

This can be applied to an existing CT+ ROM, and can safely be included with main distribution as an option.
Mauron wuz here.

meatyfalcore

• View Profile
« Reply #946 on: September 16, 2019, 10:30:40 pm »
Found another bug.  After Chrono dies and you get his clone from the festival it does not show up in his house.

Grimlock

• View Profile
« Reply #947 on: September 16, 2019, 10:33:41 pm »
Walk by default with speed shoes.

This can be applied to an existing CT+ ROM, and can safely be included with main distribution as an option.

Fantastic!  :thumbsup:  Thanks Mauron!  This would be great to add to the main download.  I'm sure there's others who would prefer to retain the original run controls for various reasons.

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #948 on: September 20, 2019, 04:55:43 am »
Found another bug.  After Chrono dies and you get his clone from the festival it does not show up in his house.
I did not have that problem. I've played through a couple time now.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #949 on: September 20, 2019, 10:57:44 am »
I did not have that problem. I've played through a couple time now.

It's possible, I did mess with the room events, have you tried it with the latest version?

Grimlock

• View Profile
« Reply #950 on: September 21, 2019, 11:12:51 am »
I've been having an issue at times where pressing X or Y to open a menu just results in a black screen.  So far it's happened seemingly mostly in the over world but I also had it happen when I was in the coliseum in the future.  I recall it happening in another area too, a cave I think.  Apologies for the lack of details on that one.  I also experienced a perm-stuck when I first returned through the first portal and walked on the warp pad at the festival.  I just got stuck on it.

meatyfalcore

• View Profile
« Reply #951 on: September 21, 2019, 12:31:08 pm »
Just tried it again and still no Chrono doll at his house.  I did a fresh patch with the newest version and no change.  I had won the doll way earlier in the game when I first went to the fair and it was in his room then, but after actually needing it it doesn't show up.  I checked his house first and nothing, won the doll again at the fair and it's still not there.

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #952 on: September 21, 2019, 03:46:18 pm »
It's possible, I did mess with the room events, have you tried it with the latest version?
2.1? Yes. Could run through it again if needed..

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #953 on: September 21, 2019, 06:51:01 pm »
No it seems to be a legit bug, I'll try to get a fix out.

It's related to the fair prizes carrying over that I added, not sure why it's happening though.

September 23, 2019, 09:36:45 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Clone glitch is now fixed, if you already won the clone you'll have to enter Blekkler's tent then go to Crono's room otherwise it will play as normal.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 09:36:45 am by ThegreatBen »

Shade Aurion

• Submission Reviewer
  • Shadow Keeper
    • View Profile
    • DudeGoBack
« Reply #954 on: September 23, 2019, 10:08:15 am »
You know.. One thing that was always annoying was feeding the cats. If you included an auto feeder as a prize or something you can optionally buy, or just remove feeding altogether, people could win all the cats and not have to worry about losing them. Also you spoke awhile ago about the bar at the end of time you were going to make. I know you didn't want to add non-Chrono Trigger characters but one you might consider is the barkeep from the end of time from Another Eden: The Cat Beyond Time and Space, especially considering the end of time bar there is an obvious nod to Chrono Trigger and the game was written by one of the writers of Chrono Trigger itself so it would be like a full circle easter egg paradox hahaha

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #955 on: September 23, 2019, 11:08:06 am »
There actually is the option to buy catfood in 1999, I tweaked it so it actually works now.

I dont remember much from another eden sorry.

For those that didnt notice the clone glitch is fixed

Cthulhu88

• View Profile
« Reply #956 on: September 23, 2019, 12:01:32 pm »
You know.. One thing that was always annoying was feeding the cats. If you included an auto feeder as a prize or something you can optionally buy, or just remove feeding altogether, people could win all the cats and not have to worry about losing them.

I never liked that myself. Getting all 11 cats and feeding them is more grindy than most of the game.

This is the catfood.inc from my enemy drops overhaul (as an extra):
Code: [Select]
if {defined CATFOOD} {

macro catfood(variable check, variable value, variable ounces) {
    if ounces < 0 || ounces > 200 {
        error "Invalid ounces for catfood (0-200)."
    }

variable limit(200 - ounces)

seek(check)
        db limit  // Limit check
    seek(value)
        db ounces // Value (Ounces)
}

if {defined EX} {
catfood($DBDB63, $DBDB66, 25)  // Guessing Game
catfood($DBDBC7, $DBDBCA, 50)  // Copycat Game
catfood($DBD8FC, $DBD907, 100) // Beanbag Throw Game
} else {
catfood($DB72E8, $DB72EB, 25)  // Guessing Game
catfood($DB734C, $DB734F, 50)  // Copycat Game
catfood($DB7081, $DB708C, 100) // Beanbag Throw Game
}

}

I don't change any game mechanics, I merely change how much cat food you are rewarded from the minigames.

Special

• View Profile
« Reply #957 on: September 23, 2019, 12:12:36 pm »
Is the new patch from today actually new? You keep uploading 2.1 (instead of properly going 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 or 2.1a, 2.1b, etc.) and this ones file "last modified" date is of 9/12, which seems pretty old...

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #958 on: September 23, 2019, 01:23:06 pm »
Is the new patch from today actually new? You keep uploading 2.1 (instead of properly going 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 or 2.1a, 2.1b, etc.) and this ones file "last modified" date is of 9/12, which seems pretty old...

Wow you're right, how the hell did that happen? I double and triple checked it. :banghead:

Guess it's getting uploaded again, thanks for the heads up. I only change the number when I add new features, I dont consider fixing bugs something that warrants a new version but I might be wrong.

Special

• View Profile
« Reply #959 on: September 23, 2019, 01:27:53 pm »
...but I might be wrong.

You are. Doing so would prevent things like this from happening and also save your players confusion and headache of this kind of crap as well.