News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Chrono trigger plus  (Read 209765 times)

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
Re: Chrono trigger plus
« Reply #680 on: March 25, 2019, 09:58:27 am »
Any references made will be subtle enough that only true fans will get it.

There's going to eventually be 3 phases of EoT NPCs, when you first arrive until Magus, Magus until the fall of Zeal, and endgame.

Gamesoul Master

• Jack of All Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 26, 2019, 05:19:55 am »
Just read through this entire thread. Very interesting and impressive to see how things have gone. I'm just finishing up a DS playthrough, thinking I'd like to give this a shot soon.

I really love the idea of seeing other people at the End of Time. Especially since Gaspar himself comments on other people showing up there from time to time.

As for the End of Time cameos... I definitely support the use of subtlety, and also the idea of keeping it within the CT(/CC) universe. Although if tastefully done, characters from other universes wouldn't be horrible. But even just seeing random people there from various CT time periods would be pretty cool.

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
« Reply #682 on: March 28, 2019, 04:49:27 pm »
It might also be interesting if the End of Time had some stores in it as well. Perhaps with an inventory that changes/gets better every chapter. And maybe even a training room. And not just with Spekkio, but with the option to challenge your own party members and perhaps even other time travelers as well to a friendly sparring match (1 on 1, 2 on 2 and 3 on 3 options). I can easily imagine Magus being sour about losing and not admitting defeat. Something along the lines of: "I was going easy on you, but next time it will be a different story!" It could be a good way to level grind for money and experience points. Maybe there could also be Colosseum type matches. Win ten battles to get a rare item or something like that with the choice of easy, medium or hard. Or progressively harder matches like in Tales of Phantasia or Star Ocean. Prizes such as MegaElixers or strong pieces of equipment would be good choices to have. Now that would be something worth seeing!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 04:57:04 pm by Recca »
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 28, 2019, 09:09:19 pm »
About the End of Time store: I had some interesting ideas for bonus equipment back when I was still thinking of rolling the coliseum into my hack (never happened as I had thought of it too late).  The general thought was to have weapons that were neither OP or weak, but instead could completely change a strategy or character around.  For example a powerful bow that works like Magus's DoomSickle but with lessened magic, or a sword that gave huge magic boosts with the power of a Mop.  Or armor that gave huge boosts to attack/mag/speed, but actually gave a minus to your defensive attributes (or the reverse for pure healers).

It may be the best place for such things, but I have no clue if they're even possible or not as I never even beta tested them.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 09:16:05 pm by Chronosplit »

Gamesoul Master

• Jack of All Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 28, 2019, 11:20:24 pm »
For example a powerful bow that works like Magus's DoomSickle but with lessened magic, or a sword that gave huge magic boosts with the power of a Mop.  Or armor that gave huge boosts to attack/mag/speed, but actually gave a minus to your defensive attributes (or the reverse for pure healers).

It may be the best place for such things, but I have no clue if they're even possible or not as I never even beta tested them.
Having read the whole thread recently, I recall him saying that there was a hard cap on the stats that can be put on equipment. And Mauron had mentioned that only armor can have permanent battle buffs, not weapons, so it can't be done that way either. And a +6 (or even +10, like the DS version has) wouldn't be enough to really make or break a strategy. I know, because I used the glitch on the DS version to buff the crap out of the Magic stat on a couple characters, and while it made a noticeable difference, it wasn't game breaking by any means. I wish it could be done though, because having a few unique weapons to change up strategies would be a really cool thing to have.

And maybe even a training room. And not just with Spekkio, but with the option to challenge your own party members and perhaps even other time travelers as well to a friendly sparring match (1 on 1, 2 on 2 and 3 on 3 options). I can easily imagine Magus being sour about losing and not admitting defeat. Something along the lines of: "I was going easy on you, but next time it will be a different story!" It could be a good way to level grind for money and experience points. Maybe there could also be Colosseum type matches. Win ten battles to get a rare item or something like that with the choice of easy, medium or hard. Or progressively harder matches like in Tales of Phantasia or Star Ocean. Prizes such as MegaElixers or strong pieces of equipment would be good choices to have. Now that would be something worth seeing!
Cool idea, but he's been going out of his way to make things *less* easy. Restricting Rubble battles, removing the ability to Charm MegaElixirs, etc. He doesn't seem interested in allowing advantageous grinding as an option. Though, to be honest, I would fully support your idea. The way I look at it is, if a person wants it to be more difficult, they won't grind/exploit things. If they want it easier, they'll do it. I don't see the point in removing a choice a player wants to make. Why bother removing choices from a player?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 11:31:35 pm by Gamesoul Master »

Mauron

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 29, 2019, 01:16:10 am »
Status effects have to be linked to armor, but stat boosts can be done on any type of equipment. The limits here multi stat boost items must apply the same bonus to all stats, so you can have +2 power/hit, but not +2 power and +1 hit. Negative stat boosts should be possible, but I haven't tested it.
Mauron wuz here.

Gamesoul Master

• Jack of All Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 30, 2019, 12:21:02 am »
Right. My point that was, since ThegreatBen said there's a cap on stats for equipment (Magic, at least), and since you had already noted that weapons can't have status effects on them, that there'd be no easy way to make weapons unique by having them greatly affect stats.

Found the relevant post I remembered reading:
As for the swallow I would like to make it a more viable option but magic boosts on weapons is a maximum of 6

Shade Aurion

• Submission Reviewer
  • Shadow Keeper
    • View Profile
    • DudeGoBack
« Reply #687 on: March 30, 2019, 01:31:35 am »
As far as end of time characters go, it might not be a bad idea to put characters lost in explosions here. Not all of them but those lost in catastrophic blasts and maybe some you never see again otherwise. Perhaps after Zeal is killed have a trigger to have her appear at TEoT with memory loss. Maybe Azala relenting over the loss of her species (after all in one timeline she presumably lead the Reptites to victory as Larvos doesn't exist in that time anymore. Its thought she and the Reptites are the the predecessors of the dragonians too
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 05:02:42 am by Shade Aurion »

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 30, 2019, 02:22:49 am »
Why not stick Azala at the End of Time

I would love this. Always bummed me out that they went extinct. Would be kind of ironic since he was trying to preserve his kind and would end up being the last Reptite ever.
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

Shade Aurion

• Submission Reviewer
  • Shadow Keeper
    • View Profile
    • DudeGoBack
« Reply #689 on: March 30, 2019, 05:04:59 am »
I would love this. Always bummed me out that they went extinct. Would be kind of ironic since he was trying to preserve his kind and would end up being the last Reptite ever.

Agreed but it is now canon that Azala is female and the queen of the reptites ever since Chrono Trigger DS. I always thought he was a guy too but apparently the pink claws and cape were supposed to give off a feminine vibe. That was supposed to be the clue lol

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #690 on: March 30, 2019, 11:58:51 am »
There is already something for the Reptites, not sure if Azala at the EoT would conflict.

For this release the EoT will only have one set of NPCs I will expand it in 2.1

There is also already a fighting tournament in 1999 Medina.

I am unfortunately out of time to work on this so some features will need to wait for the next release.

I will however at least make all continents in 1999 exploreable.

Mauron

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 30, 2019, 12:47:11 pm »
On the stat boosts: I have documented that data, so it can be changed. I'm not sure if there are any unused entries on the list or not.

On Azala: CTDS (US) mentions that Azala is a woman, but the Japanese version does not specify a gender.
Mauron wuz here.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 30, 2019, 04:06:40 pm »
Agreed but it is now canon that Azala is female and the queen of the reptites ever since Chrono Trigger DS. I always thought he was a guy too but apparently the pink claws and cape were supposed to give off a feminine vibe. That was supposed to be the clue lol
I always thought queen from the speech pattern, and how every era has some sort of female ruler/boss that matters to the era's subplots (Leene, Nadia/Marle, Zeal, Mother Brain, Azala and Ayla).  The only script that ever mentions Azala being a a king or queen is the DS english one though, Mauron's right. :P
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 05:37:12 pm by Chronosplit »

Shade Aurion

• Submission Reviewer
  • Shadow Keeper
    • View Profile
    • DudeGoBack
« Reply #693 on: March 30, 2019, 05:00:13 pm »
I always thought queen from the speech pattern, and how every era has some sort of female ruler/boss that matters to the era's subplots (Nadia, Marle, Zeal, Mother Brain, Azala and Ayla).  The only script that ever mentions Azala being a king or queen is the DS english one though, Mauron's right. :P

Even still, nice point about the female rulers in each era. I hadn't even realised D=

Girl Robo might be a good character to put at the EoT. Maybe Ozzie, Flea, etc Tata, Cyrus (human).. I dunno. EoT would be a great place to plonk characters who never get seen again and give them some basic dialog. If on of the EoTs is only available post game I don't think it would take too much away and nothing is really saying that they have to stay in the EoT forever. They could all just be visiting :)

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 30, 2019, 09:59:19 pm »
There is already something for the Reptites, not sure if Azala at the EoT would conflict.

For this release the EoT will only have one set of NPCs I will expand it in 2.1

There is also already a fighting tournament in 1999 Medina.

I am unfortunately out of time to work on this so some features will need to wait for the next release.

I will however at least make all continents in 1999 exploreable.
Wow you've been busy!  :thumbsup: :beer: :woot!:

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 31, 2019, 05:11:38 pm »
@Mauron not sure if you were still interested in trying to rig up something that would let you increase running speed in game, but I took the time to find all the run speed bytes.

Right 0x008934
Left 0x008953
Up 0x008972
Down 0x008991
Down right 0x0089B2 and 0x0089B9?
Down left 0x0089E1 and 0x0089EC?
Up right 0x008A16 and 0x008A21?
Up left 0x008A4D and 0x008A54?

Not sure why the diagonals have two bytes that affect the speed but from observation the second listed address for them is probably the most significant one.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 07:24:13 pm by ThegreatBen »

Mauron

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: April 08, 2019, 04:57:13 pm »
Here you go.

7E2890 is the run speed, and 7E2891 is the walk speed. If both of those are 0, it sets them to the default. The Autorun patch is enabled in this version. Don't change the setting in Warrior Workshop, it will crash your game.

The diagonals have two values because the speed is distance in pixels moved. Diagonals move the sprite both vertically and horizontally.
Mauron wuz here.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #697 on: April 08, 2019, 05:24:41 pm »
Awesome, unfortunately I have long filled those two addresses, is it possible to point them to 7E2896-7?

If not I can probably find what I stored there and reassign it.

Also not a huge deal but is it possible to easily permanently change a characters palette in game?

Thanks again for your help.

Mauron

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: April 08, 2019, 05:31:44 pm »
It'll take like 30 whole seconds of work.

Character palettes have to be reloaded from ROM repeatedly. In game changes are not possible.
Mauron wuz here.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: April 08, 2019, 05:36:22 pm »
Thanks, I will put this to good use.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 09:46:00 pm by ThegreatBen »