News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Chrono trigger plus  (Read 19464 times)

TheTraveler787

• View Profile
Re: Chrono trigger plus
« Reply #240 on: September 11, 2017, 12:31:18 am »
Is there any way your mod includes / offers tools to implement Gaspar as a playable character (as was originally intended)? Preferably as a magic user and time-based techs (maybe taking advantage of the ??? magic type).

Also I'm new to a lot of this and have no idea what MSU-1 support it; is it necessary for the rom to work when it's finished?

Mauron

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 12, 2017, 02:21:59 pm »
I've been working on an 8th playable character hack, but it won't be ready in time for this release.
Mauron wuz here.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 12, 2017, 06:51:33 pm »
I noticed you've been updating your plugins to accommodate it, hopefully I can add it to my project without too much trouble.

@787 the 8th character is intended to be human Glenn, but even for a separate patch for Gaspar I would need a full sprite sheet and Techs aren't exactly easy to program.

Mauron

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 12, 2017, 07:02:36 pm »
I've been contemplating how to handle adding the 8th character to existing projects. You'd have to mess with the events yourself, and I'd need to make sure free space is actually free. I might be able to make a plugin to handle the insertion of some data.
Mauron wuz here.

romhackingaccount

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 13, 2017, 12:39:16 am »
Nice work, ThegreatBen. Love the effort you've put in.

One thing I worry about with the Chrono community is that S-E will shut things down. Supposedly they've done so to other fan projects. Are you worried about the same?

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 13, 2017, 07:59:03 am »
Editing my events is no problem, just really wouldn't want to start from scratch and redo all the under the hood stuff.

I played with 8thy a year or so ago but It wasn't ready for release yet, has anything changed with it, for someone that knows what they are doing how functional could they get it in game?

Mauron

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 13, 2017, 11:44:47 am »
I'll double check everything once I'm done with Hi-Tech, but most of the major hurdles have been conquered. Expanding tech data is the big one remaining.
Mauron wuz here.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 13, 2017, 11:49:41 am »
Awesome, The eight slot currently has what, 4 tech slots? I could make that work, though they would lose all their dual techs I think.

Mauron

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 13, 2017, 12:35:57 pm »
I believe 8thy was auto-learning the first three dual techs and then being capped until Spekkio. I need to juggle the data around so 8thy has unique techs after Magus's list, and before the dual techs. There's a couple stray sprite assembly frames that don't work, and I need to finish altering events so walking works properly.
Mauron wuz here.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 13, 2017, 10:21:52 pm »
Would be pretty neat if it could be used in the next release, but this one is ready to go.

I've been doing bug fixes but I won't start working on the content for the next release until after November.