News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Chrono trigger plus  (Read 212805 times)

Chronosplit

• View Profile
Re: Chrono trigger plus
« Reply #160 on: June 16, 2017, 10:07:48 am »
Schala teleported away with the Mammon Machine right?  And you get teleported to the Mammon Machine in the Black Omen final battles.

Here's an idea, it could be an event found in the Black Omen.  Perhaps only if Magus is in your party, perhaps not.

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 17, 2017, 01:33:14 am »
Schala teleported away with the Mammon Machine right?  And you get teleported to the Mammon Machine in the Black Omen final battles.

Here's an idea, it could be an event found in the Black Omen.  Perhaps only if Magus is in your party, perhaps not.
This sounds like a good idea and would blend well into the existing story.

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 17, 2017, 07:19:30 am »
Changing the story would completely pull myself away from playing this hack, and anyone who considers Chrono Cross an addendum to Trigger will be left out.

I insist on not changing main story events in a game that has a pretty great story already.
Helicoptering about till I find some ROM hacking treasure.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 17, 2017, 07:47:53 am »
Lex you've been gone a while, right now I'm pushing to get this working, but for the Schala thing I decided the best way to not step on any toes is to make a non cannon ending after beating Lavos in the ocean palace.

as for progress, the game has been tested as far as the Blackbird.

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 17, 2017, 07:56:04 am »
Oh yeah, the Ocean Palace ending.
I forgot about that. It's a great idea!

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 17, 2017, 06:21:35 pm »
That's actually the best sounding idea.  It makes you work for the ending too.

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 19, 2017, 04:18:48 am »
Lex you've been gone a while, right now I'm pushing to get this working, but for the Schala thing I decided the best way to not step on any toes is to make a non cannon ending after beating Lavos in the ocean palace.

as for progress, the game has been tested as far as the Blackbird.
Yeah, been busy.

That sounds good. Keeping it as close to canon as possible seems the right thing to do.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 29, 2017, 04:08:27 pm »
This is almost done the first playtest, I had a ton of bugs to squash, since the last update I've swapped Life and Lightning2 so that Crono follows the same pattern as the other characters. I also gave the Choras carpenter and his family a better ending after finishing the northern ruins.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 29, 2017, 04:47:51 pm »
I also gave the Choras carpenter and his family a better ending after finishing the northern ruins.

Oh good.  Yeah, it was such an anti-climax before that I went back to the house half expecting that I'd need to hire them again.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 29, 2017, 05:46:47 pm »
Speaking of Crono's magic, I have a crackpot idea.  Make Swallow boost magic instead of speed.

When you pick between the Swallow and the Safe Helm, Swallow is almost never chosen outside of possibly speedruns because it peters out as soon as the Ocean Palace is done.  Safe Helm ends up being potentally the best helmet in the game (it's usually that, Haste Helm, or Vigil Hat for me).  One way to make Swallow not completely outclassed by Shiva Edge and Rainbow is to make it more useful, one method which would be to give it the near unique (Red Katana, Rune Blade on Frog) ability of boosting Crono's subpar Magic stat.  This would make the weapon more useful against certain encounters, therefore prolonging it's usefulness.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 06:03:10 pm by Chronosplit »

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 29, 2017, 06:23:42 pm »
I think the only issue I have with that is once Crono gets Luminaire, he's basically OP on every single aspect.  It'd probably help his other spells for sure but he's a ridiculous power house with attack and Luminaire seems to be leagues beyond every other spell he has.
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 29, 2017, 08:06:55 pm »
You do have a point there, Luminare does more than make up for the magic stat.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 30, 2017, 08:44:12 am »
I think the only issue I have with that is once Crono gets Luminaire, he's basically OP on every single aspect.  It'd probably help his other spells for sure but he's a ridiculous power house with attack and Luminaire seems to be leagues beyond every other spell he has.

I wouldn't worry about that, ultimate techs have been rebalanced to make dual and triples the new king.

As for the swallow I would like to make it a more viable option but magic boosts on weapons is a maximum of 6

Mauron

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 30, 2017, 03:49:41 pm »
I have notes on stat boosts for items, if you want to change one.
Mauron wuz here.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 01, 2017, 11:40:40 am »
I have notes on stat boosts for items, if you want to change one.

Thanks I'll keep that in mind, but right now I'm just anxious to get this finished, I'm mostly just waiting to hear if Sungodportal was able to finish it without anymore bugs.

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 21, 2017, 01:56:04 pm »
Hey there, how's the game coming along?

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 21, 2017, 08:03:55 pm »
It's not officially released here yet but I have released it on the gamefaqs Chrono Trigger board, for people that want to play test it, the relevant link is in post 25 of the topic " Chrono Trigger plus"

Once I'm convinced it's bug free it'll be released here.

There will be further releases with more stuff later on, including the Schala ending but summer is too short to be hacking.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 22, 2017, 03:14:20 pm »
Testing a no magic play run right now.  No issues yet.  God damn these reptites without lightning...

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 22, 2017, 04:24:03 pm »
Testing a no magic play run right now.  No issues yet.  God damn these reptites without lightning...

Wow. A no magic run sounds like suicide. Might not be as bad on New Game + though. Good luck. :)
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 22, 2017, 06:25:10 pm »

At some point could you make another save and learn magic? Just to make sure there are no complications in learning it late.