News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Chrono trigger plus  (Read 131363 times)

The Timekeeper

• View Profile
Re: Chrono trigger plus
« Reply #580 on: November 23, 2018, 08:26:07 am »
Fixed. So, what about Marle's techs?

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #581 on: November 23, 2018, 10:12:45 am »
There's still more balancing to be done so Marle's techs will probably be adjusted somehow.

Mauron

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: November 23, 2018, 11:16:02 am »
Will that make confusion sleep and stop permanent as well? That could could result in a few cheap game overs.
Nope. The only thing to worry about is if you added a berserk consumable or tech, it would be permanent as well.
Mauron wuz here.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: November 23, 2018, 12:07:51 pm »
Thanks, I'll try to test that out asap.

@Timekeeper, that readme looks good.

I've also been informed of another vanilla bug, the double epoch glitch caused by taking the epoch back to 2300 ad after saving Melchior and using the portal to go to 12000, so I might as well fix that one well I'm at it.

Sesbassar

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: November 30, 2018, 11:46:39 am »
Hi Ben! I'd like to thank you for your work, the hack is awesome, and the added content is really nice. Do you plan in expanding the "1999" continent?
I loved wholeheartedly the original game, but I always felt something missing in regards the 1999 era. :)

But still, terrific job Ben  ;D

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #585 on: December 01, 2018, 09:09:13 am »
Hi Ben! I'd like to thank you for your work, the hack is awesome, and the added content is really nice. Do you plan in expanding the "1999" continent?
I loved wholeheartedly the original game, but I always felt something missing in regards the 1999 era. :)

But still, terrific job Ben  ;D

I'm just putting in the last of my father's winter wood then I'm heading south for the winter, once I'm there I will have practically unlimited free time to do all the things I promised to do on this including expanding 1999.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #586 on: December 19, 2018, 01:35:23 pm »
Sorry for the delay, I attempted to upload version 1.4 a few weeks back but it was corrupted and just led to a black screen. It took me quite a while to fix but I finally have it with all the corrections Timekeeper posted.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1rh82rt188jk2ir/chrono_Trigger%2B.zip?dl=0

Pretty much all the typos are fixed including the run on sentences.

Fixed all the improperly indented sentences.

Prettied up the 1999 map getting rid of all the ugly tiles under the buildings, and other things.

Finished the 1999 Arris Dome, quests there aren't active yet though.

Positive status effects now last the whole battle courtesy of Mauron.

The doors in the Cult of Lavos and the new Zeal dungeon now stay open after exiting the menu (thanks to The Fang)

Magus now uses his DS lines in the first confrontation.

The entire final conflict with Azala now uses the DS translation.

Includes an optional patch for completionists to max Hp between levels 98 and **.

Im now free for the winter and will be actively working on this again. First thing is to test Mauron's AI patch then continue expanding, unfortunately anything I try to add now gives me a black screen after the pendulum. I assume this is caused by Temporal Flux trying to overwrite Qwertymodo's code.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 27, 2018, 10:12:51 pm »
I now have a lot of free time to work on this. I've expanded the 1999 map down into Porre. I've also expanded West city, it now includes two streets and more buildings to enter.

I also decided I didn't like my decision to use end game monsters in Lab 32, so I restored the original monsters but I also doubled it's length and added some dialog.

Crossing the ruins instead of doing the bike race now feels like an experience instead of a cop out.

I've also started testing Mauron's AI code (so far no problems) once its tested it should allow for guest party members.

ShiningForceHero

• View Profile
« Reply #588 on: December 29, 2018, 07:38:07 pm »
Nice to see more updates!

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 30, 2018, 04:14:41 pm »
Can I just say that I love that the run patch and alternative magus cape patches are separate, so that I can use them with other hacks if I want.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #590 on: December 30, 2018, 07:34:21 pm »
Nice to see more updates!

Thanks for your support.

Can I just say that I love that the run patch and alternative magus cape patches are separate, so that I can use them with other hacks if I want.

You'll be back.

As for updates the Seraphsong now works much better now thanks to Mauron, so its probably going to be moved.

Been testing the AI code, still no issues.

In the middle of working on Porre 1999. Hopefully a video soon.

Mauron

• View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 30, 2018, 07:56:42 pm »
Hopefully that AI code is more bug free than the original game.
Mauron wuz here.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #592 on: December 31, 2018, 09:45:01 am »
Hopefully that AI code is more bug free than the original game.

Did the original code have bugs?

Mauron

• View Profile
« Reply #593 on: December 31, 2018, 12:16:19 pm »
I've found 4 bugs relating to AI, but only 2 come up in game.

- One of the AI actions can revive other enemies to full, 1/2, or 1/4 HP, but no matter the setting, it always revives to full HP. This is only used by the final Lavos, where it revives the bits at full HP intentionally.
- HP to 1 attacks disable Barrier and Shield for the remainder of the battle.
- Enemies targeting the PC with the lowest HP will ignore PC 1
- One of the AI conditions is completely buggy. From what's in the code, it looks like it was intended to be "if attacked by men or women" condition, but I can't be 100% certain.

The code you're testing fixes the first two, and I have a fix for the third. I haven't decided what I'm going to do about that last one yet.

Edit: I took another look at that AI condition.
It has two modes, one of which is buggy. The working mode is "if attacked by specified PC". The buggy mode compares a value of 0 or 1 to 1, 2, or 5.

If I assume that there's a missing instruction in the code, and that instruction is the same as the other mode, the code becomes "if attacker is (or isn't) PC 1, 2, or 5", or Marle, Lucca, and Ayla. So it's almost a check on women, with a couple lines missing.

I'm thinking I should restore those lines and make it that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 06:35:38 pm by Mauron »
Mauron wuz here.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 31, 2018, 06:52:48 pm »
If you make me a patch for it I'll put it in and test it, and while I'm at it I'll try fighting Queen Zeal with Shield on.

Mauron

• View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 31, 2018, 07:10:28 pm »
I could definitely make it a man or woman check, and the more I think about it, the more likely it seems that was the intent.

I know my barrier/shield fix works. The person who noticed the problem was doing extensive damage testing, and found an inconsistency with the Zeal fight. Your hack has a version of that fix that doesn't require a full AI rewrite.

I'll probably update the patch tomorrow, but since the condition isn't used in the game, it would need an AI edit to test.
Mauron wuz here.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 01, 2019, 04:45:32 pm »
Cool, more gimmicks are always welcome.

I was wondering if there was any way to to limit party changing to only work at save points? (Nes difficulty only of course)

I also noticed in warrior workshop that you can give the characters positive status effects innately, is there any way to set those in game as a possible reward for a quest?

Mauron

• View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 01, 2019, 05:32:51 pm »
There might be. I'd have to look into it.

You can set the positive status effects manually, but they only last one battle, no matter how you set them.
Mauron wuz here.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 01, 2019, 10:37:42 pm »
That's too bad. I need to find things to give as rewards for 1999 quests.

Mauron

• View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 02, 2019, 03:09:47 am »
You could do permanent stat boosts like Atropos's Ribbon.
Mauron wuz here.