News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Chrono trigger plus  (Read 19286 times)

Atrushan

• View Profile
Re: Chrono trigger plus
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2017, 09:47:47 am »
How far are the playtesters gonna need to go before you release it when that time comes?

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2017, 01:43:11 pm »
I want them to 110% it, 100% the original game plus the 10% I added just to make absolutely sure everything works.

from my testing it looks pretty good, but the non linear 65000000bc is untested and contains a lot of flag changes.

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2017, 11:12:39 pm »
I want them to 110% it, 100% the original game plus the 10% I added just to make absolutely sure everything works.

from my testing it looks pretty good, but the non linear 65000000bc is untested and contains a lot of flag changes.
So everywhere explored and everything done. Sounds fun!

Atrushan

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2017, 12:02:18 pm »
It does, sadly it takes me a while to 100% a game so I probably shouldn't offer to test which means I'll be waiting on it lol.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2017, 12:14:01 pm »
If you want to help just make sure I'm not the last person to post in this topic so that when I post updates it gets bumped. (although Lexluthermiester has been doing a pretty good job)

the current status is about 98.5% done, the final area to be done is fully mapped and the maps are fully functional, I'm about a third of the way done adding the enemies and then I want to add a few event triggers to add life to it.

If anyone here considers themselves decent at fanfiction or story writing in general then PM me as I need a story for my dungeon but I'm drawing a blank.

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2017, 02:19:57 pm »
I can think of some dungeon story I think. Do you have any template already?

Really hyped for this! I just came back to the turn-based RPG scene, so I sure will play this sometime after it is out (probably after replaying the first six Final Fantasies).

May 15, 2017, 03:57:03 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Sorry for the double post, but there should be a PM containing some story ideas in your inbox  :)

You might even see two of the same messages, since I have sent it another time. I don't see my messages appear in my 'sent messages' page, so I'm not sure if you did receive it...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 04:01:04 pm by Thirteen 1355 »

Atrushan

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2017, 09:46:37 am »
If all else fails you could borrow story from the ds version. It had a pretty decent one for a side dungeon iirc.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2017, 05:15:38 pm »
I did quite enjoy the mechanics of Lucca's dungeon in CT DS but none of the added content had much for story.

there are currently two members ( 13 and Lex ) helping with ideas so its coming along.

mrlange

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2017, 03:08:02 pm »
Hi, do you have any plans on including Singing Mountain, the cut dungeons of Zeal and the Sealed Pyramid in the future in this hack?

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2017, 05:46:07 am »
Hi, do you have any plans on including Singing Mountain, the cut dungeons of Zeal and the Sealed Pyramid in the future in this hack?

not in this release, but I'm considering it for future releases, though I actually know very little about their purpose.

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2017, 02:21:15 pm »
not in this release, but I'm considering it for future releases, though I actually know very little about their purpose.
That actually sounds like a ton of fun. I loved the Magic Kingdom portion of the game. It contains my favorite music tracks. Expanding that part of the story presents a very compelling appeal!

justin3009

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2017, 02:47:17 pm »
If I remember right, the Zeal Dungeon was you were probably going to be sent to when Queen Zeal captures you.  Other than that, nothing is really known.  There was a pretty decent map but I don't think any events or anything were created for it so it's basically just speculation.
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

Digitsie

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2017, 04:06:00 pm »
What about just setting up the dungeon to tie it closer to Chrono Cross then? Especially Kid.

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2017, 04:22:43 pm »
I'd rather not see that. It would only alienate fans of Chrono Trigger. Trigger fans aren't particulary fond of the mess that is Chrono Cross.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2017, 08:05:25 pm »
All three have mostly finished maps, singing mountain is planned for future releases of this hack, as soon as I can think of a point for it. The pyramid dungeon seems completely pointless as it isn't really 'cut content ' they simply found a much a way to work without it.

the Zeal dungeon I might put in as anything that lengthens the Zeal portion of the game is welcome. It probably wouldn't be a terrible place to put my teleporter to the two unused islands as it is currently in Balthasar's secret room in Enhasa.

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2017, 09:38:57 pm »
What about just setting up the dungeon to tie it closer to Chrono Cross then? Especially Kid.
I must disagree with this most strongly! The story for Chrono Cross was a bit convoluted and only lightly connected to Chrono Trigger and even those elements felt more like a half-baked after-thoughts. My vote is to leave Cross in it's own world completely separate from the Trigger world.
All three have mostly finished maps, singing mountain is planned for future releases of this hack, as soon as I can think of a point for it. The pyramid dungeon seems completely pointless as it isn't really 'cut content ' they simply found a much a way to work without it. The Zeal dungeon I might put in as anything that lengthens the Zeal portion of the game is welcome. It probably wouldn't be a terrible place to put my teleporter to the two unused islands as it is currently in Balthasar's secret room in Enhasa.
Liking these things. Question though, isn't the pyramid in Zeal[floating island in the upper right area of the map] or are you talking about a different place?

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2017, 09:58:46 pm »
It is while its in Zeal, but the pyramid dungeon is supposed to be in the present.

as for updates I've started adding in the details of the 2300ad dungeon. Also gave the Valkyrie bow a property that makes its damage magical (its projectile is energy after all) this serves two purposes it re-adds an unused weapon effect in, and two gives Marle a gimmick to give her more use in the party.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 10:19:18 pm by ThegreatBen »

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2017, 10:21:56 pm »
I'd rather not see that. It would only alienate fans of Chrono Trigger. Trigger fans aren't particulary fond of the mess that is Chrono Cross.
From where I stand it's more of a divided thing, where even mentioning it here causes... stuff.  Either way it'd cause bloodshed.  Besides, there's the DS version for Cross ties.

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2017, 10:29:44 pm »
Besides, there's the DS version for Cross ties.
?1? I've played the DS version. I don't remember anything from Cross in it.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2017, 12:10:24 am »
?1? I've played the DS version. I don't remember anything from Cross in it.
There's a new ending in the DS version accessed by completing the Dimensional Vortex in all periods and going through the bucket portal.  It contains fighting the beginnings of Cross's final boss and a foreshadowing to the sequel.  Basically it's meant to be a preview of the sequel's events.  IMO it's not worth much more than a Youtube watch (not the best payoff in the world outside of the crazy strong boss and new sword for NG+), but it's there.

There's also a reference when you defeat Once-King Dalton to raising an army in Porre.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 05:15:52 pm by Chronosplit »