News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Chrono trigger plus  (Read 78021 times)

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
Re: Chrono trigger plus
« Reply #320 on: November 03, 2017, 05:27:54 pm »
I didn't really say it was.
Sorry, allow me to rephrase. The FMV wasn't important to some players. Personally not as big a fan of the DS version for a couple reasons, including the replaced intro. Liked the SNES intro much better. Also liked Frog's speech "Woolseyism". So really all that was meant was that the FMV not being there or not working right isn't a deal-breaker for some players. Meant no offense to you of course.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 09:21:29 pm by lexluthermiester »

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 13, 2017, 11:24:10 am »
Drag the first if to below the second if. The event editor might be a pain about placing it exactly, so you might need to do a little dragging around with the commands below it.

I didn't see any way to alter the shadow when I checked. The Millennial Fair has shadows that remain under PCs.
Just wanted to say thanks for this and all the talk about fixing the Trial jurors, I'm working on getting it working in mine!

Mauron

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 13, 2017, 01:34:23 pm »
Glad to be of help. There's a bug in AI where targeting the PC with the lowest HP skips PC1. To fix it, replace 0x01A50C (unheadered US or JP final ROM) with D0 05 EA EA.

There's also a bug with HP to 1 attacks that disables barrier and shield for the rest of the battle, but a complete fix isn't as easy, since one part won't fit on top of existing code.
Mauron wuz here.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 19, 2017, 03:00:12 pm »
Glad to be of help. There's a bug in AI where targeting the PC with the lowest HP skips PC1. To fix it, replace 0x01A50C (unheadered US or JP final ROM) with D0 05 EA EA.

There's also a bug with HP to 1 attacks that disables barrier and shield for the rest of the battle, but a complete fix isn't as easy, since one part won't fit on top of existing code.
And I've just now fixed that too!  Also, if anyone has need of it due to Mauron mentioning Temporal Flux being a little finicky I have a .flux file with the trial fix.

(Note to self: iHex is a bugger.)

Mauron

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 19, 2017, 03:17:50 pm »
I should elaborate on the HP to 1 bug.

Code: [Select]
$C1/EF30 AD FC B1 LDA $B1FC  [$7E:B1FC]
$C1/EF33 09 01 ORA #$01
$C1/EF35 8D FC B1 STA $B1FC  [$7E:B1FC]

That sets the ignore barrier and shield flag.

$C1/9A3D AD FC B1 LDA $B1FC  [$7E:B1FC]
$C1/9A40 29 FD AND #$FD
$C1/9A42 8D FC B1 STA $B1FC  [$7E:B1FC]

That clears a flag that indicates there's only 1 target, which is used by enemy normal attacks. Changing it to AND #$FC will clear the barrier and shield issue. Similar code can be found at 0x1A04C and 0x1A294.

$C1/99C2 AD FC B1 LDA $B1FC  [$7E:B1FC]
$C1/99C5 09 02 ORA #$02
$C1/99C7 8D FC B1 STA $B1FC  [$7E:B1FC]

This is the normal attack version, which sets the "only 1 target" flag. It would need an AND #$FE added somewhere.
Mauron wuz here.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 19, 2017, 03:58:00 pm »
HP to 1 bug might not get fixed, but the others have been.  I'm doing a total rebuild now (something went boom around with Choras's events and I think I can make more use of the expansion this way), but I'll take a look at it after it's done.  No promises whatsoever though.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 11:59:39 am by Chronosplit »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 22, 2017, 04:18:16 pm »
Im going to have to release an update sooner than I wanted, a major bug has been brought to my attention so when I fix that I'll make an update along with the other stuff I've added since last release including full descriptions for all items, extended scenes and the option to swap Crono for most of the game.

Also does anyone know if the prerelease version works in Temporal Flux

Mauron

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 22, 2017, 04:56:54 pm »
The prerelease is readonly in Temporal Flux, and all my plugins handle prerelease data properly.
Mauron wuz here.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 22, 2017, 05:21:11 pm »
I assume that means I would not be able to extract the singing mountain map from it then?

Mauron

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 22, 2017, 05:29:33 pm »
No, but you might be able to copy over the data with a hex editor.
Mauron wuz here.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #330 on: November 22, 2017, 06:11:31 pm »
Sounds dangerous, in a few weeks I'll have a lot more free time maybe I'll just draw it from a picture like I did for the Zeal dungeon.

November 29, 2017, 11:17:10 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Been moving slow on this but Crono is now swappable up until the Masamune events with no issues, he will be forced for the factory but the story says he is anyway so no big deal.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 11:17:10 am by ThegreatBen »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 05, 2017, 03:41:12 pm »
Ok Crono is now swappable through the first visit to prehistoric, to save work I made it so that all four characters attend Ayla's party regardless of who is in the active party. Then I realized this actually makes more sense plotwise because you can switch party members without the gate key so all members would have had to be there before it was taken anyway.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 06, 2017, 04:24:21 pm »
Ok Crono is now swappable through the first visit to prehistoric, to save work I made it so that all four characters attend Ayla's party regardless of who is in the active party. Then I realized this actually makes more sense plotwise because you can switch party members without the gate key so all members would have had to be there before it was taken anyway.

So wait, you can do the prehistoric things before the middle ages bridge and hero medal stuff now.  So does this mean that I can do that middle ages part with whomever I want unless I do the prehistoric portion first?

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 06, 2017, 06:17:30 pm »
The dreamstone quest is doable any time after arriving at the end of time, Crono however will be an optional party member for most of the game now, regardless of what order you do things. (Just not finished yet)

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 08, 2017, 12:06:29 am »
The dreamstone quest is doable any time after arriving at the end of time, Crono however will be an optional party member for most of the game now, regardless of what order you do things. (Just not finished yet)
This should be interesting. Looking forward to another playthrough.

HARVEST

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 12, 2017, 03:50:35 am »
I loved this.
Only complaint is that the text is still censored in many parts (most notably, the beer-guzzling contest is still a soda-guzzling contest), but I still love this as this is somewhat similar to a fan-made Extended Edition of a movie.
While Chronosplit's Uncensored patch is more like a remaster.
I am split between the two versions, because, on one hand, I prefer the better script of Chronosplit's version, but I love the restored content in your version.

Please incorporate Chronosplit's script, ManuLöwe's bugfixes, and Laputan Machine's racing fixes, if you can get their permission and if you can put them in your work. And that would make your Chrono Trigger + the ultimate version of Chrono Trigger.
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3147/
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/261/
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2949/

I really love your work.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 13, 2017, 02:56:46 pm »
The soda contest wasn't exactly censored per se.  Compare the Chapter 1 text here.

It's never said what exactly they're drinking, but the cans suggest soda as alcohol (actually, just sake in CT) is usually drank with those big mugs in not Prehistory.  It's more like Woolsey gave more to it than anything.  I can see where you can catch the implication though as it's a drinking game, I might give this a second glance myself for my own script.  There are other lines in that chapter which I need to look at again anyway, like Taban being a blacksmith.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 11:11:15 am by Chronosplit »

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 05, 2018, 09:36:59 pm »
Is the rainbow supposed to no longer be carried over during new game plus?

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 06, 2018, 08:58:49 am »
The ultimate weapons dont carry over so that you have a reason to beat the side quests on ng+

The ultimate armor does carry over though so that alternate endings are possible.

Speaking of alternate endings im going to start working on the new ocean palce ending as soon as my new controller arrives.

Shade Aurion

• Shadow Keeper
    • View Profile
    • DudeGoBack
« Reply #339 on: January 06, 2018, 10:16:41 pm »
Amazing hack ThegreatBen. Its nice to know you're also still working on it. If I could add anything to the Schala content it would be:

"Although never mentioned by name in Radical Dreamers: Nusumenai Hōseki (http://chrono.wikia.com/wiki/Radical_Dreamers:_Nusumenai_H%C5%8Dseki), Schala is referenced indirectly as a "girl from a far-off kingdom" who destroyed that Kingdom (Zeal). Schala felt tremendous guilt for her actions. The Frozen Flame picked up on these emotions and unaged her, erased her memories, and sent her through time, where she was raised as Kid."

It might be worth bringing her back with no memory and perhaps adding an extra quest to restore it.

"One of the unexplained mysteries of Chrono Trigger is what occurred regarding Schala in the Lavos Timeline during the original Ocean Palace Incident. Since her pendant was passed down to Marle, it is generally accepted that Schala was able to transport herself and possibly her mother out of the Palace before its collapse (her mother's absence tidily explaining why the Black Omen never originally arose). She also makes an appearance in the DS version of Chrono Trigger as part of the Dream Devourer, the secret final boss and the Time Devourer's unevolved form. She and the being were somehow bound both physically and mentally. After "defeating" the Dream Devourer she has a conversation with Magus. She regains control of herself for a limited time and teleports Crono's team away. She then tells Magus he cannot hope to save her as long as people lean on the crutch of power. The other Magus then becomes angry and erases his memories in an attempt to do as Schala asks and save her without "power". He finds he is in the woods with no memories except that he is in search of something."

Maybe include this but make a way to save her without power? Maybe NG+ only after Magus learns this or something and have Schala take over as the Queen of Zeals people after the collapse and work towards building a new society. Perhaps include a side quest involving Spekkio releasing the people of Zeal's latent power to restore their magic?

I dunno, I have ideas but what you've done is nothing short of amazing.

---

[FOR SNES CLASSIC MINI USERS]

The standard emulator (Clover) on the Snes Classic Mini does not support extended roms. You will need to install Retroarch to run Chrono Trigger+