News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Chrono trigger plus  (Read 19287 times)

Atrushan

• View Profile
Re: Chrono trigger plus
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2017, 05:29:31 pm »
Just curious. This hack sounds interesting but if you plan on human Glenn being playable why not replace Frog with him at some point rather than make him an 8th playable character?  I dunno much about hacking so I dunno how hard it'd be but it sounds like a wasted slot when there's Kino, Schala, Ozzie Flea or Slash, Cyrus, Johnny, and a lot of other interesting characters.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2017, 05:46:12 pm »
I would honestly be completely satisfied with just a graphical change for frog when Magus is beaten, I even have the sprites, but I don't have the skill to code something like that, so waiting for the 8th slot is my best option.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2017, 09:39:22 am »
I had a brief hiccup with this when trying to move it over to a clean rom, I've sent the IPS to Quertymodo for msu-1 and video compatibility however I'll wait for his permission to release it with that.

On my end all that's left is finishing up just a couple of maps for my dungeon in 2300 ad

Also I need suggestions on where to learn Omega Flare, thanks to Mauron the triple techs learned from rocks are permanent and require no accessory.

Grand Dream-same
Spin Strike-same
Dark Eternal- same but with new dialog and character
Poyozo Dance- learned from Spekkio at the Zeal sealed Pyramid
Omega Flare-ill leave up to you do decide on a spot.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 01:56:19 pm by ThegreatBen »

Gi Nattak

• View Profile
    • Return of the Dark Sorcerer
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2017, 03:36:15 pm »
"Crono's mom now has a room"

Well I'm sold. Seriously though, I never gave a thought about that before now haha.

Cool project man, always nice to see CT getting some love, especially in terms of more content. :beer:
Looking forward to checking out everything when it's ready, especially that room!
The end comes...beyond darkness.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2017, 10:22:01 pm »
This sounds awesome! I always had in the back of my mind that it would have been cool to see an expansion of certain parts of the game.
Are you doing any of the content from the DS version?

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2017, 10:32:19 pm »
Thanks for the interest guys, as for ds content Quertymodo said he'll make it compatible with his hack that will add the animated videos, and Magus will be able to get his red handled 'Reaper Scythe' other than that I honestly didn't care much for the ds added content.

Act when the ds version was first released my imagination went wild with ideas of what the added content could be, since none of those ideas made it in to the ds version I made my own and put them in.

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2017, 02:11:49 pm »
From the sounds of what you want to add, I'm psyched as hell for this hack.  :thumbsup:

And although I don't have a clue on the inner workings of Chrono Trigger, perhaps there's a way to have both Frog and Glenn share the same spot in the lineup? Like say, have a bit of code that runs on two flags dedicated to the two characters: When flag X is set it looks for Frog's graphical data, if Flag Y is set it looks for Glenn's graphical data.

In any case, keep up the good work! Any expansion to Chono Trigger is welcome.
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

Mauron

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2017, 02:20:31 pm »
And although I don't have a clue on the inner workings of Chrono Trigger, perhaps there's a way to have both Frog and Glenn share the same spot in the lineup? Like say, have a bit of code that runs on two flags dedicated to the two characters: When flag X is set it looks for Frog's graphical data, if Flag Y is set it looks for Glenn's graphical data.

I've looked into the possibility before, and it becomes complex if you want to handle more than just the graphics, such as new techs for Glenn.
Mauron wuz here.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2017, 07:34:01 pm »
Having a way to remove Frog's curse and have him look like his true self would be really cool even if he didn't get a new set of techs.

Mauron

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2017, 07:59:09 pm »
I find human Glenn licking people an odd visual.
Mauron wuz here.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2017, 08:24:57 pm »
For just a visual change I can do the sprite work

But someone else would need to do the coding to change the graphics pointer when Magus is beaten as that is beyond my skill.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 08:30:00 pm by ThegreatBen »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2017, 12:48:29 pm »
This project had some delays but it is back in full swing, Quertymodo's msu-1 hack is fully integrated, the Reptite village is almost done, the 2300 ad dungeon is very well under way, and all known bugs are gone.

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2017, 01:24:13 pm »
Wow, this is great news!

Really hyped for this, and looking forward for any updates!

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2017, 05:16:11 pm »
Almost forgot, I'm working on making the first trip to 65000000bc doable anytime after arriving at the end of time, taking some of the linearity out of the game.

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2017, 03:24:37 pm »
Almost forgot, I'm working on making the first trip to 65000000bc doable anytime after arriving at the end of time, taking some of the linearity out of the game.
Wow! Just WOW! This looks like it's going to be excellent. Can't wait to play it! And kudos for removing some of the linearity from the game. I toyed with the idea last year but soon realized that doing so messes with the story triggers in very bad ways.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2017, 08:52:27 pm »
Thanks for the support guys, here's a quick update,

I have Quertymodo's permission to release this with his special version of his msu-1 made for this project so that means only one more map and a few enemies and its ready for play testing.

ok not quite I also have a few more storyline flags to remove from 65000000bc but that is going very smoothly so one or two hours should do it.

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2017, 12:40:31 pm »
Thanks for the support guys, here's a quick update,

I have Quertymodo's permission to release this with his special version of his msu-1 made for this project so that means only one more map and a few enemies and its ready for play testing.

ok not quite I also have a few more storyline flags to remove from 65000000bc but that is going very smoothly so one or two hours should do it.
Are you going to do a public beta/play test kind of thing?

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2017, 02:54:19 pm »
I plan to finish up the last little bit for this release, then get one or two playtesters (just ask) then if its bug free release it.

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2017, 10:44:25 pm »
I plan to finish up the last little bit for this release, then get one or two playtesters (just ask) then if its bug free release it.
Would be happy to help. Let me know.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 11:41:54 pm by lexluthermiester »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2017, 08:47:59 pm »
Hopefully made the first 65000000bc encounter doable any time, all of the maps are done for the 2300ad dungeon, all that's left is a little refining and some enemies.