News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Chrono trigger plus  (Read 501085 times)

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
Re: Chrono trigger plus
« Reply #1340 on: November 29, 2021, 10:23:49 pm »
Thanks for all the well wishes guys!

Finally had a chance to work on this today. The ending viewer is almost done, then I can get back to fixing the last few things on my list.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 04:33:14 pm by ThegreatBen »

lexluthermiester

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: December 06, 2021, 05:09:56 pm »
Ben, does this help you with the update?

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: December 06, 2021, 05:18:25 pm »
Ben, does this help you with the update?

Yes! Thank you.

Finally got the ending viewer finished and working as intended. It's in Crono's mom's room and is available in ng+.

The bad ending and Beyond time are always available but you can't continue after viewing them. All other endings are unlocked by having viewed them once, and when they end you will be returned to Crono's mom's room.

Fixed a few improperly indented lines.

Changed a few more 1999 maps to use memories of green instead of morning sunlight, the latter is still used on a few maps but they are very small.

Fixed a bug where if you take the worst party choice when trying to convince the Reptites to go to 1999 the counter would go below 0 and count as a success.

Full work has resumed and 2.5 with all its cool new additions and fixes should be released fairly soon.

MD_Prometh

• View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: December 06, 2021, 06:02:41 pm »
good to hear

is it still possible to implement Dream Devourer or is that going to be saved for a future update?

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: December 06, 2021, 10:56:42 pm »
That'd be a ton of work, but it would be kinda nice to have something that maxed out characters couldn't curb stomp.

lexluthermiester

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: December 07, 2021, 11:15:31 am »
Nice! Looking forward to these changes!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 07:19:43 pm by lexluthermiester »

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: December 07, 2021, 05:08:11 pm »
That'd be a ton of work, but it would be kinda nice to have something that maxed out characters couldn't curb stomp.

I've thought about this, and have you considered making it so that in certain Robo themed side quests the drone uses a different AI where it can also attack you? Might be a nice change of pace, incentive to either sell the drone temporarily, or super challenge for new game plus players.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 11:25:00 pm by andrewclunn »

nanashi89

• View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: December 07, 2021, 09:14:29 pm »
ETA when?

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: December 08, 2021, 09:17:31 am »
I do need to make the Robo 1999 sidequest more interesting, but I also want to make sure it isn't just a clone of his 2300 sidequest.

I have started tackling 1999 stuff, currently fixing the arcade so it doesn't reorganize the party.

December 08, 2021, 03:18:11 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Finished fixing the arcade problem.

Added a new house in Medina 1999 instead of a duplicate teleporter, which honestly made no sense.

Removed the "Black Omen destroyed" condition from starting Melchior's quest, making the awesome rewards of that quest usable in the final dungeon.

Found out the game has slide projector sounds, so I added them to the opening of the movie in 1999. Going to try to spice up the finale of the movie as well now that my skills have improved.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 03:52:28 pm by ThegreatBen »

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: December 16, 2021, 12:00:05 am »
Was the trigger for when you are walking away from the shines, and Marle reappears after saving the queen, such that Marle is basically standing on top of Chrono as she delivers her lines?

EDIT -

Opening the door to the Lavos cult gate in a non-new game plus game breaks things entirely.  Not that any sane person would ever do that of course.

EDIT EDIT -

Scratch that, the door (which should have the Lavos spawn then the gate to 1999) in the cult dungeon is completely borked.  It acts as if I just boarded the Epoch for the first time.  I went there as soon as I got to the future, and doing this is extremely likely in new game plus.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 09:10:40 am by andrewclunn »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1350 on: December 16, 2021, 03:41:32 pm »
The firs thing is most likely the speed shoes outrunning the event by a couple steps, not really a concern.

The second however! That sounds like some crap I don't haft fix.
Gimme a day or 2 to try to figure it out. Hopefully you have a save right before then.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: December 16, 2021, 07:35:59 pm »
I'm actually doing a walking playthrough.  It seems like the original devs even assumed everyone would run everywhere.  No running aside from that rat.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: December 16, 2021, 08:19:50 pm »
Good news, I somehow accidentally changed the script for that map. I simply changed it back to the right one and the cult of lavos should work perfectly now.

Oh and don't forget the Frog King has his own location now between Magus and Ozzie's castle.

I'm actually doing a walking playthrough.  It seems like the original devs even assumed everyone would run everywhere.  No running aside from that rat.

You should probably seek counseling.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: December 16, 2021, 09:31:26 pm »
I can cross to the other side of the waste without ever triggering the jet bike Johnny intro.  Then I can race Johnny back to the left side... then start the bike up to begin the intro... while Johnny is already right there.  It isn't game breaking, but super jank.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: December 16, 2021, 09:45:34 pm »
Yes I see what you mean, I'll have to block the exit until Johnny has been spoken to.

Is the cult of lavos fixed on the new version I gave you?

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: December 16, 2021, 11:22:04 pm »
Yes, though found a graphical bug in 1999.  Sent that one via email, as it was easier to show with a picture (it's an overlay z axis thing).

randmiller

• View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: December 17, 2021, 08:08:38 am »
First time playing through this version and I'm a little stuck.  Currently at level 75 or so and near the end of the game, but for some reason Robo is no longer a selectable character.  (I don't use him regularly, so not sure when it happened but it must have been recently as I did the Geno dome sidequest a few game hours ago.)  I've completed most/all of the sidequests (including the Fiona one) and the brand new content but I think there's more to do in 1999 --- and I need Robo to do it.  Anyone know why he might have disappeared or how to get him back?

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: December 17, 2021, 05:14:40 pm »
First time playing through this version and I'm a little stuck.  Currently at level 75 or so and near the end of the game, but for some reason Robo is no longer a selectable character.  (I don't use him regularly, so not sure when it happened but it must have been recently as I did the Geno dome sidequest a few game hours ago.)  I've completed most/all of the sidequests (including the Fiona one) and the brand new content but I think there's more to do in 1999 --- and I need Robo to do it.  Anyone know why he might have disappeared or how to get him back?

That is a semi rare bug related to Fiona's quest. It's fixed in 2.5 but unfortunately there is now way on 2.4 to get a lost character back.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: December 19, 2021, 08:54:13 am »
Haste effects the whole party, but looks like it only effects one person (animation wise).  Protect also is targets the entire team, but still appears (animation wise) like a single target spell.

EDIT -

I'm only listing the bugs / issues, but I'm loving the little improvements and quality of life stuff in this newest version.  The fact that ANYONE can handle Glenn / Frog the Masamune (for example) made me grin.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 11:18:20 am by andrewclunn »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: December 19, 2021, 12:57:27 pm »
Then you're gonna love the summit of the dactyl nest. If you're doing ng+ you'll get to see the expanded Magus in Zeal segment as well.