News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Chrono trigger plus  (Read 467050 times)

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
Re: Chrono trigger plus
« Reply #1200 on: November 04, 2020, 09:22:50 pm »
Not much new to report, but I had some time to tinker with this today.

Made it possible to acquire the Venus Bow in game. Also finished changing the dialect in San Dorino, leaving just truce and the castle.

lexluthermiester

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: November 05, 2020, 03:05:03 pm »
Not much new to report, but I had some time to tinker with this today.

Made it possible to acquire the Venus Bow in game. Also finished changing the dialect in San Dorino, leaving just truce and the castle.
Nice!

BadManMachismo

• View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: December 04, 2020, 03:54:45 pm »
Is this game possible to play to the end in its current state?

I'm using snes9x on the 3DS.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: December 05, 2020, 06:57:03 pm »
Yes many people have finished this version

iV

• View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: December 11, 2020, 06:46:20 pm »
Hi there,

at first thank you for this awesome Hack. I found my original Chrono Trigger Cartridge that I bought roughly 25 Years ago while going through some childhood stuff and decided to give it a go with this Mod.

I am recording / streaming the playthrough on https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvXIxJcSjcjhc7myE9PzfjwF8jSWhGoZz

The Hack managed to enhance the original experience - the feeling playing this is the same as it was 25 years ago or so - which is quite an achievement.

I am close to the end and have a few topics:

- For my taste the Layout of the Cult of Lavos Dungeon does not match the rest of the Dungeons in the Game. The size of the rooms feels off - there are too many long / empty corridors. In my opinion it would fit better if the Dungeon was condensed to a smaller size with less corridors. Also the Enemy Placement could be re-iterated to cause less clipping Issues (Lavos Spawn, Enemy at the Console to open the Door). It is a very subjective feeling so please take suggestion as constructive criticism overall I enjoyed the new Content so far.

- I am using Snes9x 1.60 for my playthrough - As you can see in here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcO6mI1NrlI&list=PLvXIxJcSjcjhc7myE9PzfjwF8jSWhGoZz&index=19 at the end of the video, when entering the Gate to 1999 the game glitches out. Do you have any suggestion how to fix this issue so I can explore 1999?

Again thanks for your effort and all the Best to you  :beer:!

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: December 12, 2020, 06:12:25 pm »
Are you using the newest version? There was a version that was up for a brief time that froze when trying to get to to 1999 but that has since been fixed.

Gypsy-Danger

• View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: January 05, 2021, 01:57:09 pm »
Hi Guys!

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who worked on this hack.

I know the original creator said that there were no DS extras added but So I would like to ask if the Hack at least includes the extra animations from the DS version? I did originally try reading through the entire thread, but as I have never finished the game before I was spoiled so decided to ask instead.

The extra ending would have been nice tho!

Thanks

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: January 06, 2021, 10:51:04 pm »
They are not in it as of now, the guy working on adding the animations seems to have disappeared for the time being.

They would be awesome to have in though.

Gypsy-Danger

• View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: January 07, 2021, 10:44:43 am »
They are not in it as of now, the guy working on adding the animations seems to have disappeared for the time being.

They would be awesome to have in though.

It is great to hear that you're at least attempting to add them though! Awesome stuff. Thanks again

Memorex

• View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: February 02, 2021, 03:16:42 pm »
First of all let me say thank you to the author and everyone else involved. Havn't played through Chrono Trigger in almost 15 years
and I'll gladly give this one a try. The additional content sounds very interesting!

Would this hack be compatible with the US bugfix and/or the bugfix/un-censoring patch available? Tried reading up and down in this massive thread
but the question remains. Perhaps the content of those patches is already integrated in this hack?

Cheers

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: February 02, 2021, 05:30:00 pm »
Some of it is incorporated. I was given quite a few notes from bug fix that i used, however no other patches would be compatible with this.

WebSlinger

• View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: February 02, 2021, 07:39:54 pm »
Still waiting to try this out for sure!  :D
Do you think we can play as HUMAN Glenn/Frog?  like in Crimson Echoes/Flames of Eternity?
That would totally kick major ass!

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: February 02, 2021, 09:38:42 pm »
Still waiting to try this out for sure!  :D
Do you think we can play as HUMAN Glenn/Frog?  like in Crimson Echoes/Flames of Eternity?
That would totally kick major ass!

Ive imported all the data that should allow human Glenn, unfortunately its not quite ready yet.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: February 03, 2021, 09:07:36 pm »
Check on this project from time to time. You might recall, did some testing for you a year or two ago. Want to play CT again some time in the near but am currently putting it off just to see what other goodies get added. :)

I've imported all the data that should allow human Glenn, unfortunately its not quite ready yet.

Sounds intriguing. I'm assuming this change is triggered by a quest?
Cigarettes, ice-cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary...

lexluthermiester

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: February 04, 2021, 02:38:53 am »
Check on this project from time to time. You might recall, did some testing for you a year or two ago. Want to play CT again some time in the near but am currently putting it off just to see what other goodies get added. :)

Sounds intriguing. I'm assuming this change is triggered by a quest?
StarGate! Long time no see!

While Ben has something fun in the works, It might be a while. The current incarnation of the patch is excellent! Give it a run!

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: February 06, 2021, 10:58:19 am »
Im probably going to focus on this more next month. 600ad with all have Shakespearean dialect, a few corrections have been made, for instance in ng+ the plant lady in Zeal wont appear until after Magus' castle because it messed with the maps.

Marle's 777 damage Venus Bow is fully implemented and added to the 1999 sewers so people will stop asking me the point of that place :P

As for human Glenn the last i had heard was that Mauron had the graphics working everywhere except in battle. There would also be more work to tie it to in game events. Those events themselves however are done.

RoanPlus

• View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: February 07, 2021, 09:34:47 am »
I have enjoyed this hack thoroughly so far.

How do I defeat the red merman in 2300 AD in Lab 64? He casts Cure 2 and recovers 5000 HP every now and then, and I cannot see his HP count.

There really should be an option to run away from this fight, since he is unbeatable even when I am level 88, and he's just a normal foe. Otherwise I have to reset the game or let my characters die.

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
« Reply #1217 on: February 08, 2021, 02:48:26 am »
It's nice to see that this project is still being worked on. I've enjoyed playing through the current version (2.4) and look forward to seeing whatever new features you may decide to add in next. :thumbsup:

By the way, will the Shakespearean dialect in 600 A.D. be part of the main patch or as an additional one? I'm only asking out of curiosity because there will always be some fans that might prefer the original dialogue. There's some people for example that didn't even like the fact that Frog spoke that way and thought that it was just an odd thing thrown in the script by Ted Woolsey. I personally didn't mind and thought that it added some flavor to Frog's character, but to each his own.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: February 09, 2021, 04:47:02 pm »
Im not entirely sure yet, it will probably be part of the main patch, but if it gets too much hate i might add the option to remove it.

lexluthermiester

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: February 11, 2021, 12:36:27 am »
Im not entirely sure yet, it will probably be part of the main patch, but if it gets too much hate i might add the option to remove it.
I don't see it getting a lot of hate.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 06:38:56 am by lexluthermiester »