News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Dragon Quest I & II: Translation Revision\Relocalization  (Read 14589 times)

Choppasmith

• View Profile
Re: Dragon Quest I & II: Translation Revision\Relocalization
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2018, 12:53:49 pm »
You know I took a look at the APK for the mobile version to see if maybe the script could be easily extracted but sadly that isn't the case. Man I'd love to be able to play the official translations on a proper console/emulator.

Lentfilms

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2018, 08:46:18 pm »
The download link for the Alpha 3 patch seems to be broken. Is possible to post a new link or can anyone else upload their own copy of the patch?

RedScorpion

• View Profile
    • Snes-Projects
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2018, 04:54:17 am »
You know I took a look at the APK for the mobile version to see if maybe the script could be easily extracted but sadly that isn't the case. Man I'd love to be able to play the official translations on a proper console/emulator.

what is the problem to dump the script?!

Thanks

red

Choppasmith

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2018, 12:10:09 pm »
what is the problem to dump the script?!

Thanks

red

Actually I just recently managed to do it for I-III mobile. It was compressed in a DAT file. I’m currently integrating the script for the NES games, but I’d love to do it for the remakes as well.

If Krisan Thyme is reading this, I’d love to work with you if possible otherwiseI’ll have  a go at it myself.

AlternativeZeroSubs

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2018, 04:01:43 am »
Thanks so much for bug fixing the problems with DQ1+2 on the SNES, I wanted to play the first 3 on SNES as the Android version has awful touch screen controls and the 3DS ports are in Japanese unless someone can port the Android translation to them.

Just thought I should mention but the download link for the alpha 3 patch seems to be down.

GentlemanPotato

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2018, 07:43:14 pm »
Thanks so much for taking on this project. My first Dragon Quest was 8 so playing the old games with different names felt wrong. Really love the charm of the modern DQs and that they used British English as it is supposed to be Medieval times.

NeonStreetlight

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2018, 02:16:38 am »
Sad to see this project has gone silent. I’ve been playing through the RPGONE translation and it just barely gets me through. Would love to see this translation come to light. Happy to test if it helps.