News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Un-Worked Designs: Working Designs minus bullshit difficulty (Latest: Lunar 2)  (Read 244303 times)

ifightdragons

• View Profile
Can you just make your download links in the original post blue, please

Some of us know what the internet has been up to now and just expect links to be blue, ok

I second this, in addition to clear instructions on how to install the patches correctly.

As of right now, most people who seek these out, won't get them to work.
The difficulty of patching these was even mentioned on an episode of My Life in Gaming.

That being said, the work put into these is simply fantastic.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 06:55:39 am by ifightdragons »

Spooniest

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Ain't got no berf cer-fi-ti-cate on me now
    • View Profile
I second this, in addition to clear instructions on how to install the patches correctly.

As of right now, most people who seek these out, won't get them to work.

The difficulty of patching these was even mentioned on an episode of My Life in Gaming.

Opening the readme file in WordPad rather than NotePad ought to be said. NotePad turns it into an un-word-wrappable mess. Most people are gonna default to NotePad.

It's only slightly easier to read in WordPad.
I never wanted to work in a pet shop, you know. I wanted to be...a lumberjack.

ifightdragons

• View Profile
Opening the readme file in WordPad rather than NotePad ought to be said. NotePad turns it into an un-word-wrappable mess. Most people are gonna default to NotePad.

It's only slightly easier to read in WordPad.

The problem isn't reading the instructions.

The challenge is actually getting the automatic patching to work on any or most available dumps out there.
And then the next challenge is actually understanding the manual patching steps. It's very vague and convoluted.

Spooniest

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Ain't got no berf cer-fi-ti-cate on me now
    • View Profile
The problem isn't reading the instructions.

The challenge is actually getting the automatic patching to work on any or most available dumps out there.
And then the next challenge is actually understanding the manual patching steps. It's very vague and convoluted.

I'd say both are valid concerns.
I never wanted to work in a pet shop, you know. I wanted to be...a lumberjack.

ifightdragons

• View Profile
I'd say both are valid concerns.

That's fair enough. I'm on a PC with Windows so I just open the .txt file with regular old NotePad and it works as expected.
The big problem is actually understanding and getting the steps right for most of the patches.

It's such a well-known issue with these patches that most people just give up eventually. Easy to find frustrated people by just a quick Google search.
And like I said, it was already mentioned on an episode of My Life in Gaming as a extremely convoluted process.

kaine23

• View Profile
That's fair enough. I'm on a PC with Windows so I just open the .txt file with regular old NotePad and it works as expected.
The big problem is actually understanding and getting the steps right for most of the patches.

It's such a well-known issue with these patches that most people just give up eventually. Easy to find frustrated people by just a quick Google search.
And like I said, it was already mentioned on an episode of My Life in Gaming as a extremely convoluted process.

exactly.

AC39

• View Profile
Re: Un-Worked Designs: Working Designs minus bullshit difficulty (Latest: Lunar 2)
« Reply #486 on: September 15, 2020, 03:24:26 pm »
When I read through this thread, I was intimated to try these patches, as it seemed many people were having technical issues. I decided last night to go ahead and try anyway and… it worked! It was so easy, I didn't even need the instructions. I'm so sorry to hear so many people are having issues, here is what I did…

1. Downloaded the correct patch for the BIN/IMG file size of my ROM.

2. Used MultiPatch (macOS) to apply the XDELTA patch to the BIN/IMG.

3. Replaced the old .CUE with the new .CUE and .CCD provided with the patch.

That's it! Worked for me. I have both versions of the ROM, and can confirm both versions of the patch worked on their respective ROMs, and loaded without issues in Genplus GX on my Wii. I have no idea why it worked for me when so many others are struggling, but hopefully there is something I said that might help someone else get this working for themselves, or at least, convince them to try :)

Thank-you so much Ms. Tea!!!