News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Un-Worked Designs: Working Designs minus bullshit difficulty (Latest: Lunar 2)  (Read 43876 times)

Supper

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 74
    • View Profile
i tried to apply the popful mail patch on the bin( i dragged the bin file to the bat file) it opened a cmd window, i saw the progress there. the windows closed by itself.
i tested and the first enemie was damaging me with 12 points instead of 10 of japanese versions. the mages enemies give me 20 points of damage instead of 10. ok. maybe i will see the diference on the store, i thinked. the prices:
amulet 1500 gold
orange 90 gold
cherry 180 gold

its all the same. the patch didnt worked.


the rom was downloaded on -- mention of specific rom site excised --. can someone help me?

Well, that could be a number of things. Just to be sure, you did run the "PopfulMailUnWorked.cue" file and not your original CUE, right? The patcher doesn't touch your original files; it makes a copy and patches that.

Otherwise, I'll probably have to get you to run the patcher from the command line to see if you're getting any error messages. I should probably have set it up to log to a text file to make things easier, but too late for that.

legendarysnake1

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Well, that could be a number of things. Just to be sure, you did run the "PopfulMailUnWorked.cue" file and not your original CUE, right? The patcher doesn't touch your original files; it makes a copy and patches that.

Otherwise, I'll probably have to get you to run the patcher from the command line to see if you're getting any error messages. I should probably have set it up to log to a text file to make things easier, but too late for that.

man thank you so much! i didnt know i had to run the PopfulMailUnWorked.cue file. i always rename that file to combine with the bin file. the author should be more explicit in the text file about run the unworked.cue file. i tought it modified all the bin and cue files.

now at first its everything okay. 10 damage in the first enemy, the magic attack it give me 10 damage instead of 20. and oh my god, the prices. jesus crist, how worked designs fucked up this so bad?

Amulet 100
orange 60
cherry 120

vs

amulet 1500 gold
orange 90 gold
cherry 180 gold


why were they thinking raising 1500% the price of the amulet?! im so glad that the game is finally patched. im near the end but fuck this, im gonna restart to replay the game in the way it was originally designed in japan. i only have fun in the first world cause it was more easy.

thanks again man.

gideovame

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
This is really impressive, I was always concerned about what working designs did to Alundra. When I played it over a decade ago, I always thought the bosses had way way way too much hp, and this confirms it.

Are you doing anything with silhouette mirage, another game that working designs made far too hard? Even though for now I have to deal with the water down translation, it would be great to play with the original prices and non energy drain mechanics.

How are you doing these patches, is it something I might be able to help with?

elranzer

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
All of the Sega CD Working Designs games... Lunar 1 and 2, Popful Mail and Vay... I have no idea how I managed to beat them back in the day. I certainly did not 100% them.

I've tried playing the all again recently in emulators but just couldn't get past the difficulty. Now I may give them a try again.

Tobas

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
I just found out about these and holy shit I'm excited, are they hard to apply? Do you need a certain version of the game/iso?

Supper

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 74
    • View Profile
I just found out about these and holy shit I'm excited, are they hard to apply? Do you need a certain version of the game/iso?

Anything should work as long as it's either BIN/CUE or ISO. If you're using an emulator, it needs to be able to handle ISO/WAV, since that's what the patcher outputs. The only game I've done so far that actually had multiple revisions was Alundra, and I included separate patches for the 1.0/1.1 versions.

And I really am still working... very, very slowly... on putting together new updates for these patches. I've been pointed to a disc mastering tool which will hopefully solve issues like the audio sync with Eternal Blue (or not -- it turns out the game "peeks" at the audio data as it plays to sync cutscenes, so the real problem may be the format conversion). Sorry if anyone's hanging on the edge of their seat for updates, but I've wound up taking on quite a few other projects lately.

chrisw80

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Anything should work as long as it's either BIN/CUE or ISO. If you're using an emulator, it needs to be able to handle ISO/WAV, since that's what the patcher outputs. The only game I've done so far that actually had multiple revisions was Alundra, and I included separate patches for the 1.0/1.1 versions.

And I really am still working... very, very slowly... on putting together new updates for these patches. I've been pointed to a disc mastering tool which will hopefully solve issues like the audio sync with Eternal Blue (or not -- it turns out the game "peeks" at the audio data as it plays to sync cutscenes, so the real problem may be the format conversion). Sorry if anyone's hanging on the edge of their seat for updates, but I've wound up taking on quite a few other projects lately.

Awesome, thanks for the update on Lunar 2.