News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Duck Tales 2 2019 (hack, NES)  (Read 605 times)

MechanicCDRR

• View Profile
Duck Tales 2 2019 (hack, NES)
« on: December 12, 2019, 04:04:47 pm »
Hello everybody!
Finally I almost finished (99.5% 8)) my hack for the game "Duck Tales 2" for the NES platform. (Start from January 2019).

Here is a link of patch
http://luckytech.ru/Uploads/DuckTales2_2019_xdelta.zip

Made on a slightly modified editor by ALXR. (Without this editor, I would not have made the hack, so thank him very much for the editor!)

Almost completely reworked levels. The number of rooms is much higher than the original. New puzzles added ... and ... I don't think you'll find Gyro (and card chests) the first time  ;)

I hope you get a positive impression of new puzzles and levels... and secrets :).

The game was only tested by me. So I could miss something. Especially in the secret level. That's why I haven't put hack into the database yet. A big request to those who are interested in testing the game and giving their critical comments (so that I can fix hack...  and put fixed hack into database).

PS. If you think you will find all the secrets in this game - welcome :)

PPS. Please do not try to break the game. And if you do, don't upload screenshots of the level map. Please :beer:
« Last Edit: Today at 07:04:57 am by MechanicCDRR »

Mindflower

• View Profile
Re: Duck Tales 2 2019 (hack, NES)
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 05:01:25 pm »
Hey hacking companion,

congrats on your project having progressed so far. Makes a solid impression. (which makes me also wanna continue working on my own game tbh)
I was always more into DuckTales part 1, but i did simply not find the right time to play the second game too.
Maybe i will catch up, cause certainly i'd like to test your game. I'm intrigued by the fact you kept an eye on secret locations. But - i think - i will have to play the original second game first, which was on my "bucketlist" anyway.
I'll let you know.

btw what were the edits you made to the original? Levels but also graphics/tilesets, music, modifications to the engine, ...?

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 09:32:08 pm »
I'm gonna have to give this a try, looks really cool. :)

MechanicCDRR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:58:46 am »
btw what were the edits you made to the original? Levels but also graphics/tilesets, music, modifications to the engine, ...?
I just edited map of levels, little edited tilesets and all

Changes made to the engine so that it could
without glitches to move between floors anywhere (thank to Ti_)
And also improved sprite drawing (also thanks to Ti_)
Changes to the engine involved not me, AXLR and Ti_
This is a bit described in the "About" section of the editor itself.
https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1168/