News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Megaman Engine Homebrew Demo Released  (Read 1279 times)

RetroRain

• View Profile
Megaman Engine Homebrew Demo Released
« on: January 12, 2017, 10:59:29 am »
Think of it as a late Christmas present. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzFmDpx_Xes

I haven't had a lot of time to work on this project, so I am releasing what I have done so far.

Download
http://acmlm.kafuka.org/uploader/get.php?id=5154

Enjoy! :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 11:26:58 am by Rockman »

Amaweks

• View Profile
    • Game and Art Projects (A/R/Tographic diary)
Re: Megaman Engine Homebrew Demo Released
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 09:22:35 am »
I'm interested in your project.

Is it a entirelly new engine, or is it implemented in others engines like game maker?
What your plans?

As soon you have something that can build a stage with playable main character I can do some tests.
Keep us informed.  :thumbsup:

RetroRain

• View Profile
Re: Megaman Engine Homebrew Demo Released
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 12:56:07 pm »
What was released is probably all that there is going to be for a while.

I have to choose between making my life better, or spending a lot of time on a game that is not going to make my life better financially at all.

And that goes for all of my projects.  Everything is on hold right now.  It pains me, because I so enjoy doing this stuff, but as they say, sometimes sacrifices have to be made.

I left a lengthy note for myself, where to pick up at when I return to this project in the future.

My new goal for the project after releasing the alpha, was to work on my Megaman game as I wanted it to be.  And should I want to release the source, I'd go through all of the code and omit things that were unique to my game, leaving a base engine for anyone to use.  And I made heavy additions to the graphics CHR, but then I decided to put the project on ice so that I can get my life together.

I appreciate the interest in the project.  I had a few ROM hack projects and this homebrew that I truly want to work on, but I have to put them on the back burner, because they're not making my life any better financially.