News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Deadpool (Nes Hack)  (Read 15474 times)

Nerd42

• View Profile
    • DJ Nerd42
Re: Deadpool (Nes Hack)
« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2017, 04:54:22 pm »
This looks really exciting! Can't wait! :D

darkmoon2321

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 08, 2017, 02:43:44 pm »
I've been working on an animation for the background in the Lair stage, and I would like to get some opinions on it:

When viewed on a small screen or at first glance, it seems to look good.  My main issue is that when viewed on a larger screen, the boundaries of the 16x16 tile sizes I used to draw it become readily apparent.  There are only three distinct frames of animation, although they cycle in order 1-2-3-2-1-2-3 rather than the usual 1-2-3-1-2-3.  I can add more frames of animation, although I don't think that will solve the problem.  I might be able to have it look a little better by only having specific arrangements of tiles that can occur next to each other, although I'm afraid that might make the background look repetitive.  Any opinions or advice would be appreciated.

sonny

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 08, 2017, 03:49:23 pm »
At first glance, i'm very impressed.
but i'm not being able to see the problems, so...
But i'm sure that you will find the solution to it, because these tiles are awesome!

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 09, 2017, 12:25:19 am »
Doesn't look too bad honestly.  Is it suppose to represent some sort of gelatinous substance?  Haven't been following up on this project lately so I'm behind on everything :)
Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse Community Wiki Thread
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=21344.0

Discord: Sinis#4332

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 09, 2017, 10:37:42 am »
Dude,that's amazing,keep it up,Im hyped to play this!

darkmoon2321

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 09, 2017, 11:45:50 am »
Doesn't look too bad honestly.  Is it suppose to represent some sort of gelatinous substance?  Haven't been following up on this project lately so I'm behind on everything :)

We wanted to create the atmosphere of a level that was alien and alive.  As for being able to see the boundaries of the tiles, I think I figured it out.  Certain tiles had vertical lines right on the edge, that were moved to the opposite side when I shifted the pixels in YY-CHR.  That made it really easy to see where the divisions were.  Also, tiles with blank space on the corners looked a lot better than the ones that filled the whole tile, so I rounded out some of the corners and it is looking better.

pianohombre

• View Profile
    • My personal website of short stories and comics
« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2017, 01:26:47 pm »
Is this going to be released exclusively, on the Nintendo Entertainment system, or the SNES, as well?
One small step for man,
one giant leap for mankind. -Neil Armstrong

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2017, 01:46:15 pm »
We wanted to create the atmosphere of a level that was alien and alive.  As for being able to see the boundaries of the tiles, I think I figured it out.  Certain tiles had vertical lines right on the edge, that were moved to the opposite side when I shifted the pixels in YY-CHR.  That made it really easy to see where the divisions were.  Also, tiles with blank space on the corners looked a lot better than the ones that filled the whole tile, so I rounded out some of the corners and it is looking better.

Aight.  In  honesty, reminds me of Contra mixed with Aliens so does have my interest and looks good :)
Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse Community Wiki Thread
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=21344.0

Discord: Sinis#4332

DANGER X

• Nes hacker & player
    • View Profile
    • Deadpool Nes
« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2017, 04:48:29 pm »
Is this going to be released exclusively, on the Nintendo Entertainment system, or the SNES, as well?

Is going to be released on multiple platforms, we are still trying to import the game on ps1, gameboy advanced and others.

Aight.  In  honesty, reminds me of Contra mixed with Aliens so does have my interest and looks good :)

That's because we've taken the concept from Contra stage 8, it even have the same name  :laugh: (Lair)

NiO

• Let's bring order to chaos
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/retrogamersmx/
« Reply #129 on: December 20, 2017, 08:35:46 pm »
Another update (from many we havent posted yet)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=390988947992423&id=283579382066714

There you can listen the track Dr.Floppy did for the game, its Careless Whisper

Follow the page to see more updates

Teeporage777

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • rom hacker of mario games
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 21, 2017, 01:59:28 am »
Another update (from many we havent posted yet)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=390988947992423&id=283579382066714

There you can listen the track Dr.Floppy did for the game, its Careless Whisper

Follow the page to see more updates
Just listened to this haha that was really cool  :beer: I love that song
"..But it doesn't matter. Nothing matters anymore.."

ShadyRounds

• Apathetic, yet Helpful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 07, 2018, 03:28:08 pm »
Some impressive development to port it to other consoles. Almost like an official fork on a hand me down engine at this point, like Stanley parable or something.
Apathetic, yet Helpful. :beer:
Project: Megaman Legends: Second Quest

NiO

• Let's bring order to chaos
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/retrogamersmx/
« Reply #132 on: January 10, 2018, 01:20:15 am »
A few people already know about this, we are a small team of guys working on a Deadpool game (Ninja Gaiden 1 hack) and here is a big showcase on how the game is coming along.

There are still things to add, and I left out a few bosses and surprises out of the video, so people can be surprised with new things once we release this game, hope you like it...

Btw, it's on spanish, because that's my native language and my english kinda sucks xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5Ew6uMOqTk&feature=youtu.be

Nerd42

• View Profile
    • DJ Nerd42
« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2018, 05:49:21 pm »
Do you have a general idea of about when we might expect the finished version? You thinking this year sometime or do you think this is more than a year out?

darkmoon2321

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2018, 10:13:08 pm »
Definitely this year.  We've been avoiding giving a specific release date, but based on what we have already done and how much is left, I can say at least that much.  Some on the team are looking at around the time Deadpool 2 comes out (May 18th now since it got moved up 2 weeks).  Personally I'd prefer earlier than that to avoid any conflict.  The most significant remaining changes to gameplay should be completed by the end of this month.  How long it takes after that likely depends on just how much more we customize the cut-scenes.  The edits we have made to the scenes so far have been mostly sprite, text, and palette edits, only occasionally changing the image layouts/tilemaps and scripting.  So you can still make out the bare bones of Ninja Gaiden in the cut-scenes if you are familiar with the original.  We are capable of doing better, but that still requires writing some more tools.  I've deciphered most of the cut-scene scripting, as well as the format for sprite and background image layouts.  The challenge for me is writing a utility that presents the information in an easy to understand and edit way, and also accounting for all the quirks.

togemet2

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2018, 10:43:08 pm »
Everything about this looks great. Can't wait for release.

DANGER X

• Nes hacker & player
    • View Profile
    • Deadpool Nes
« Reply #136 on: January 17, 2018, 01:33:59 pm »
You won't be disappointed.

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 17, 2018, 03:30:01 pm »
Nice,Im very eager to play this!