News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ARM assembler Guidance Needed (MetalMax 3 Translation Project)  (Read 1477 times)

MetalFan

• View Profile
ARM assembler Guidance Needed (MetalMax 3 Translation Project)
« on: December 29, 2016, 01:10:40 pm »

We are carrying out the translation of this great JRPG.
As a summary of how things are going. The editing of the graphics and the translation is progressing without major problems but we urgently need the help of someone with knowledge in assembly particularly in ARM. If someone is interested in help or joining the project you can contact us here or/and see the progress on the main thread at https://gbatemp.net/threads/metal-max-3-translation-project.404823/page-1.

We are looking for HELP in the following:

AMR9.bin hacking needed

The biggest problem we have is with the text that is inside arm9.bin.I explain it, thanks to DarthNemesis's tool we can insert transtated text into the arm9 file without problems but the translation has to be the exact same length as the original japanesse text, because if not generate a chaos in the game, not counting that besides that we would have to shorten the words until almost make them unreadable, so we need to increase the available space within the arm9.bin file to fit more text, and increase the number of characters that can be used per line.

Characters per line limitations:

Only 11 characters are allowed for item names, skillnames, monters names, town names. (It is quite annoying since we have had to shorten most of the items names , monsters names etc in only 11 characters. It would be great to be able to use full names like Blue Alligator tail and not B.gator tail.)

Only 59 characters are allowed per box in the main dialogues. (Not so much trouble, but if we could put more text in the boxes, it would be great.)

We need more translators:

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: We need the translators to have some knowledge of the Japanese language. 

At the moment the whole work of translation is being carried out by Terithian Wanderer, and this game has a great quantity of text to translate so to speed up the things a little , we are looking for another 2 translators at least. If someone is interested please contact us here or in the GBAtemp forum.

Thanks in advance for your Help and Time.

Terithian

• View Profile
Re: ARM assembler Guidance Needed (MetalMax 3 Translation Project)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 05:20:49 pm »
As the translator on this project, I'd just like to add that I'm not really looking for too many more translators. Just one, maybe two at most to help since I have less free time these days. I wouldn't want more than that though; too many cooks spoil the broth.