News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: TransCorp versus Heracles Results in Glorious English Translation!  (Read 16825 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: Nightcrawler

Rejoice! The news from Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation is in! The Glory of Heracles IV: Gift from the Gods English translation has been released! This is a milestone in the fan translation community as it completes the last entry in the Glory of Heracles series. The entire series is now available in English for your enjoyment! Fans of Glory of Heracles III will be happy to know that nansahi also did the translation for the fourth game too! So, you can expect established styles and conventions to carry over. It is a rare treat to be able to do this for multiple fan translated games in the same series.

The bar is set high these days and Nightcrawler made every effort to ensure the hacking work met every expectation, and hopefully even raised the bar higher yet in some areas. 'Making the impossible possible' was a mantra often used during several trials of the project. The over 200 possible submenus that needed translation and adjustments that you can access in-game will surely attest to that!

For those not familiar with the game, Glory of Heracles IV is a blend of Greek mythology, the story of Pandora's Box, and the quest for eternal life. Although Heracles is in the title of the game, he is not the principle character. The game is actually the story about some other characters, with Heracles as a secondary intertwined quest. Although it shares some Dragon Quest similarities, this is not a Dragon Quest clone. The gameplay and story are head and shoulders beyond what you'd find in a Dragon Quest game.

Some further details are available in the readme file for those of you interested in a second helping of project and game details. For the rest of you in a hurry to get things done, on to playing!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

patuli

• View Profile
Congratulation on finish this! been a fan of the series quite some time, unfortunately for me, I don't have free time this days.

Draken

• The Lost Son
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
Hoot, hoot! Holla, Holla! Well done, old chap!

Chronosplit

• View Profile
This sounds like the perfect time to play the series, I've been waiting for this one to be translated to do so!

Congratulations!  This has been an achievement long in the making.

noneother

• View Profile
Haven't posted here in a long time, but I just had to stop by and thank Nightcrawler for this! Heracles 3 was a great game, and I've been keeping an eye on this project for years. There seems to a great fan translation release almost every year over the holidays.

SargeSmash

• View Profile
Nice!  I just imported a cart of Glory of Heracles IV, too!  Congrats on finishing this up!
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?  -- Mark 8:36

mikeprado30

• View Profile
Just the one for GB is the last one to translate, isn't it?

Thanks a lot for your great effort, Nightcrawler!  :beer: :crazy:

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
Congratulations!  :beer:
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
Awesome stuff! I've been waiting to play this great title ever since I finished the third one. This one looks even better! Thank you very much for all your hard efforts for everyone involved! :thumbsup:
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

Griever_GF

• View Profile
Superb happy new year present!
I read about the amount of effort put in this translation, really cool to see it finished.
Recently I finished Heracles no Eikou 1 & made a video about that. Once I'll make video about this one too.
Do you have translated PDF manual, like first Heracles?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 10:16:44 am by Griever_GF »

getter77

• View Profile
Fantastic.   :thumbsup:

ze10

• View Profile
Awesome!!! Thanks for the Christmas present! It's the best one I've received this year! :D

CrocMagnum

• View Profile
This news is glorious indeed, cheers folks!

Honestly I didn't expect any new translation for the holidays. Actually up until today I wasn't in the mood to play videogames, but you at Transcorp really know how to push my buttons! :laugh: So I have no choice but to taste some Herakles goodness. ^^

Kudos to all the staff at Transcorp and, more generally, to every single good souls who took part in recent projects: I mean this year has been really good for fan-translations.
Pity the world if you fail Spirit Monk, for you are the last. (Jade Empire)

BlackDog61

• View Profile
    • Super Robot Wars A Portable translation thread
Niiice!
I like what you did with the title screen!  8)

zefmc

• View Profile
Just the one for GB is the last one to translate, isn't it?

It looks like there's a translation of the GB one already up here: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1683/

mikeprado30

• View Profile
It looks like there's a translation of the GB one already up here: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1683/
Then take as I didn't say nothing  :D ;D

THE SAGA IS FINALLY COMPLETE!!!  :crazy: :woot!: :)

Rhys

• View Profile
    • CN
Can you play this game without playing the other 3? I'd love to play this translation but I don't have the time to invest in three other large-scale RPGs right now  :-\

Fredde

• View Profile
Hooray! I knew TransCorp could go the distance!

More seriously, it's somewhat amazing to think that this whole series, that was previously only in Japanese, is now completely available in english thanks to the dedicaton of so many different hackers and translators (both fans and professionals, though I would like to think that the fan translations of the earlier games somehow was a motivating factor for the official translation of the DS game). As something of a completist, it makes me very happy indeed!

cccmar

• View Profile
    • Nebulous Translations site
Can you play this game without playing the other 3? I'd love to play this translation but I don't have the time to invest in three other large-scale RPGs right now  :-\

Every game in the series is self-contained. They all have unrelated stories, characters etc. Herakles isn't even the protagonist in all of them. ;)

Kallisto

• View Profile
I only got one question for Nightcrawler :).

Will we see Dual Orb finally translated to complete the Dual Orb Series?

Also congrats on finishing the Heracles series.