News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Sound effects are of bad sound quality in FF13  (Read 2245 times)

Jandazekon

• View Profile
Sound effects are of bad sound quality in FF13
« on: December 22, 2016, 03:45:28 pm »
Many sound effects in the Final Fantasy 13 ps3 vidogame is of low sound quality.
They all sound like they have been badly denoised or mp3 compressed.

I can't listen to them comfortable.

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
Re: Sound effects are of bad sound quality in FF13
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 04:48:19 pm »
Try 13-2 or Lightning Returns instead.

The first FF13 kind of... sucks. Both sequels are leagues better, and ram enough of FF13's storyline down your throat on the side  that you can just skip the first game and save yourself a lot of time.
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

Jandazekon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 05:36:38 pm »
Is the sound effects of the steam pc version mp3 compressed too?
Or i have to wait for a FF13 HD remaster.

If all else fails.
I need to know the samples sources.

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 02:33:33 pm »
uhhhh not sure? You can always try the PC version and let us know your findings. Outside of footsteps being absurdly loud, I don't really recall the PS3 version having crap quality SE's.
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

Jandazekon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 05:28:37 pm »
uhhhh not sure? You can always try the PC version and let us know your findings. Outside of footsteps being absurdly loud, I don't really recall the PS3 version having crap quality SE's.
Listen to the to the treble of the galloping footsteps of the horse that comes down from the sky.
Use studio monitoring headphones.

Isao Kronos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 05:48:31 pm »
not everyone alive is an audiophile dawg, just play the game

Jandazekon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2016, 06:56:13 pm »
not everyone alive is an audiophile dawg, just play the game
You can't hear low bitrate artifacts?

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2016, 06:58:26 pm »
You can't hear low bitrate artifacts?

The puny speakers built into TV sets aren't good enough for that.

Jandazekon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2016, 07:40:34 pm »
There is no frequencies above 13000Hz, for the sound effects.

Isao Kronos

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2016, 08:17:08 pm »
idk it just sounds to me like this is an edge case they didn't account for because who would and just play the game?????

thr

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2016, 09:25:34 am »
Try 13-2 or Lightning Returns instead.

The first FF13 kind of... sucks. Both sequels are leagues better, and ram enough of FF13's storyline down your throat on the side  that you can just skip the first game and save yourself a lot of time.
true, XIII-2 and Lightning Returns are actually good games for a change, but I'd say XIII is still good to play if you don't set your expectations for a real FF experience. took me a few tries to actually progress past the 20-hours intro, sheesh, but XIII is like an interactive movie, it still looks sweet, and the final boss fight is trippy like hell. possibly the most trippy boss in the series, though I still have to finish LR (would have finished long ago, but want to tackle Aeronite in the first playthrough, and though I can beat him, I'm getting a low rank for the fight. need some time to perfect my technique, and I can't spare a lot these days.), so can't compare to this one.

LivingfortheNight

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2016, 02:18:02 am »
XIII, you can take or leave the story line, but the battle system is so fantastic. In the early stages of the game, it's kinda simple, you don't even need to switch Paradigms really but at a point, the game utterly drops your hand and becomes ruthless and says "i hope you've been practicing, paying attention to this battle system because from here on out, battles will be unforgiving". With crystal points being so expensive, grinding really isn't practical so to progress you have to plan things out and know what works, who does what ect.

No other FF has a battle system so challenging I think. Later on, auto-battle becomes a toss up because you'll start to think of better ways to take down foes for instance, auto-battle will prefer to use veil and and shell before bravery and faith when you really need the latter, but this isn't until at LEAST hour 15.

I really like XIII but with combat being 90% of the game, the fact that the system doesn't even open up and challenge you until halfway thru is a bit much. You get a Sentinel tutorial within 2 hours of gameplay bout you never NEED that role again until 15 hours later on Gran Pulse, but once you hit that threshold it's awesome. I love it.