News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Zill O'll infinite plus english translation  (Read 54647 times)

Tom

• View Profile
Re: Zill O'll infinite plus english translation
« Reply #180 on: December 29, 2018, 09:52:23 am »
The PS2 release wasn't a sequel to the PS1 version. It was a remake with added content... Then they ported it to the PSP, with even more content than the PS2 release.

There was also a prequel for the PS3 with an original story and very different mechanics. It is not necessary to play the prequel first. It's entirely optional.

chivien

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 29, 2018, 05:56:31 pm »
What I didn't like about the remake was that they used new OST, I like the PS1 version OST so hearing you guys are working on the music patch makes me really happy as well

xZabuzax

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 29, 2018, 06:35:05 pm »
The PS2 release wasn't a sequel to the PS1 version. It was a remake with added content... Then they ported it to the PSP, with even more content than the PS2 release.

There was also a prequel for the PS3 with an original story and very different mechanics. It is not necessary to play the prequel first. It's entirely optional.

Ahh perfect, good to know that. I will skip the PSX version and wait for this one instead. Keep up the amazing work guys.

Mugi

• Personal text
    • View Profile
    • Blacklabel-translations
« Reply #183 on: December 30, 2018, 07:55:31 am »
What I didn't like about the remake was that they used new OST, I like the PS1 version OST so hearing you guys are working on the music patch makes me really happy as well

the music mod is complete already and will be included in one form or another.
currently it's just a file replacement, so you will have to patch the game with one or the other, but the futuere idea is to implement
it inside the iso so that both audio files reside inside the game and it will be user selectable from game settings. No it will not make the iso larger, because im just THAT good. ;)
In PSP we trust.

mikeprado30

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 30, 2018, 11:54:42 am »
WOW!  I wasn't fully aware about that detail on the music.  I hope you'll get it done sooon :thumbsup:

Zero Dozer

• Wow, I've used that Eminem quote for a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 03, 2019, 09:16:43 pm »
Mugi, you said you're making this translation so you could play it yourself. Won't this project spoile your whole experience as you have to thread through the whole game to translate it?

Mugi

• Personal text
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 04, 2019, 04:53:10 pm »
Mugi, you said you're making this translation so you could play it yourself. Won't this project spoile your whole experience as you have to thread through the whole game to translate it?

Yeah. Yes it does. but what can i do ?
i've waited for someone to translate any version of this game for 20 years now. nothing happened, so fuck that, i'll just do it myself. (well, Tom's translating it, we just hacked it.)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 05:02:14 pm by Mugi »
In PSP we trust.

Orochi Kusanagi

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 04, 2019, 05:23:17 pm »
I think everyone that works on hacks, translations whether they're games/anime/manga and so on does so because they want to play/watch/read them. These are always passion projects, and you should never work on something you have no interest in when it's a fan work or else you'll lose that passion and interest.

So I agree with Mugi, I'm sure Mugi would like to just play the finished product, but sometimes you just have to do it yourself because not everyone will share your thoughts on projects.

chivien

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 06, 2019, 03:09:03 am »
i've waited for someone to translate any version of this game for 20 years now. nothing happened, so fuck that, i'll just do it myself. (well, Tom's translating it, we just hacked it.)
You're one awesome dude, I'm just like you I waited 20 years but I have no knowledge of hacking or computer so what can I do  :'(
Hell if I know how these things work I would be translating Oni Zero Fukkatsu and Khamrai right now  :-[

saito

• View Profile
    • .:TransGen:.
« Reply #189 on: January 07, 2019, 01:54:18 pm »

I'm still waiting for it Mugi. Hehehe. Good job, keep up the good work guys.
.: TransGen :.

Mugi

• Personal text
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 08, 2019, 06:12:04 am »
I'm still waiting for it Mugi. Hehehe. Good job, keep up the good work guys.

im still waiting for that ps2 translation patch, heh :P
In PSP we trust.

chivien

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 19, 2019, 10:56:53 pm »
Mugi, can you help me replace my ps1 version music to the psp one because I kinda want to replay it now  :-X

Mugi

• Personal text
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 20, 2019, 03:43:41 pm »
i havent really figured out a good way to make a patch for that yet.
currently i just have a set of converted tracks i threw into the game, but making an xdelta out of those will just contain the whole thing
within the patch file so im not really sure i want to distribute that.
In PSP we trust.

chivien

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 11, 2019, 11:41:56 am »
I wish the patch is out by the end of 2020  :'(

Mugi

• Personal text
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 11, 2019, 11:45:52 am »
I wish the patch is out by the end of 2020  :'(

we are still working on this, but both mine, and binaryfails time is really pressed nowadays due to real life obligations, as such we only have a little bit of time every weekend to poke at the assembly, and it hasnt really progressed anywhere in a while now.

on the translation side, a LOT has already been translated in english and implemented, but then again, the amount of text in this game is nothing short of stupid, so a lot is still not done. Tom hasnt updated me on that in a while now and im not sure how actively he has been working on it lately.
In PSP we trust.

chivien

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 22, 2019, 09:17:03 pm »
I'm still lurking here to show my support

ginbunbun

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 23, 2019, 01:31:27 am »
As am I. I am super excited to play this.

Mugi

• Personal text
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 23, 2019, 07:13:37 am »

me too :P

really though, we're at somewhat of a standstill at the moment. so not much to report since the ... whatever time it was i last wrote anything of
significance.
We're currently looking into the whole deal of the name input misbehaving, and sorting out the root cause of the garbling text on the job system.
it doesnt really crash much anymore but the text still messes up occasionally and i wouldn't rule out that the crashing is gone either (it's caused bbyt the string bufer overflows  in this particular case)

Zill's been putting up quite a resistance, but it'll get there. I didn't plan my world domination 20 years just to let it drop off.
In PSP we trust.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 23, 2019, 10:59:14 pm »
The biggest obstacle for me right now is that I have to dig through a ton of variables related to the guild quests to find the longest possible entries for each variable in order to make the necessary changes the script editor (which will help for the formatting, but it's a bunch of busy work and I haven't mustered up the nerve to do it.

chivien

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 24, 2019, 03:40:10 am »
The biggest obstacle for me right now is that I have to dig through a ton of variables related to the guild quests to find the longest possible entries for each variable in order to make the necessary changes the script editor (which will help for the formatting, but it's a bunch of busy work and I haven't mustered up the nerve to do it.
We appreciate your work and we love you  :thumbsup: