i can look into it but that might or might not be within the reaml of reasonable work load at all,
i noticed while doing rnadom playing and testing things that some text boxes have proprietary sizes and the ones that do not have a portrait on them are more narrow than the ones that do, incidentally making the text area of both cases the same size. along with that, there are some that are only two lines high or specifically made narrow to not cover up something from the game itself.
It's yet unconfirmed but based on what i saw so far, it appears that the text boxes themselves are sized on a case by case basis and propably lie somewhere deep within the event scripting which i have not reversed at all, in fact i dont even know where it is as of this moment.
regardless of if i look into it and find it and reverse engineer it, if the boxes themselves are indeed sized case by case, resizing them will be lots of fun for all the 70000 lines of dialogue
while i do agree that having them be a little bigger to properly hold the new text would be nice, there's propably more sensible solutions on how to approach that, such as either resizing the font which is very easy now that i took full control of the font parser, or simply using the linebreak jump to force text into a new box with a keypress.
i will look into it if it becomes too big of an issue to be left ignored.
meanwhile we are still looking into the gender variable, and i will embed the changes you requested to the executable regarding the starting scenario text strings in the character creation, along with the alignment fix of the text window in your screenshot.