News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Tengai Makyou Zero translation project  (Read 103233 times)

travel27

• View Profile
Re: Tengai Makyou Zero translation project
« Reply #1000 on: October 29, 2017, 04:38:27 pm »
Hey, I am stuck right now, if anyone can help please.  I am currently at the
Spoiler:
dog kingdom
.  I beat
Spoiler:
that dumb cat thing
and after I entered the
Spoiler:
golden castle
but I can not advance there and I have no idea what to do upon exiting.  Any idea how I can advance the game so I can re-enter the castle and advance there?

Also, I never really understood the fusion spells.  The only option I ever have is wind+wind.  How do I actually change to different elements or what not?  That was never clear to me.  I have been going to tons of hermit caves but those are all under ¨seperate¨ so I just use those.

THANKS.

mziab

• View Profile
    • mteam
« Reply #1001 on: October 29, 2017, 05:11:57 pm »
Also, I never really understood the fusion spells.  The only option I ever have is wind+wind.  How do I actually change to different elements or what not?  That was never clear to me.  I have been going to tons of hermit caves but those are all under ¨seperate¨ so I just use those.

Fusion scrolls are pretty rare, but as far as I know, you get them from hermits. I've only entered the third nation, but
Spoiler:
you get the water fusion scroll from the Water Hermit in the Peacock Nation
. I admit, they're easy to miss.

sardonix

• View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: October 29, 2017, 05:50:22 pm »
Hey, I am stuck right now, if anyone can help please.  I am currently at the
Spoiler:
dog kingdom
.  I beat
Spoiler:
that dumb cat thing
and after I entered the
Spoiler:
golden castle
but I can not advance there and I have no idea what to do upon exiting.  Any idea how I can advance the game so I can re-enter the castle and advance there?

You need a
Spoiler:
Goldbug nest you can find them in one of the caves of the Goldmine town, use it in the room with the golden statues

THANKS.

The fusion scrolls are also given by the hermits.
By the time you get to the Canine Kingdom you should have all four fusion scrolls:

The air scroll is in
Spoiler:
the Bear Kingdom, the hermit that gives you that one lives in the peninsula to the northwest of the map

The water scroll is in
Spoiler:
the Peacock Kingdom, the hermit that gives you that one lives in a cave north of the Open Market

The bolt scroll is in
Spoiler:
the Crane Kingdom, the hermit is in a cave in a mountain in the center of the map AFTER you beat the boss

The fire scroll is in
Spoiler:
the Turtle Kingdom, princess Mitsuko in Tortoise Castle gives you this scroll after you free the kingdom

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: October 29, 2017, 06:29:18 pm »
#1:
I believe this should read "passed".

Right, thanks!

#2:
This is a nitpick, but you could easily trim the first "that have been" to make it read better without sacrificing the meaning.

Sure. I'm keeping the first and altering the second.

"The red clouds that have been pouring out red rain are flowing out of the red tower west of Peacock Mountain! As long as the monster in there has not been defeated, peace will never return to the Peacock Nation!"

By the way, people... Please don't use the Gamefaqs English guide - it's full of errors and misinformation. Really, there is no such thing as the "Dog Kingdom" or even the "Canine Kingdom." There is, however, the Canine Nation.

There is only one kingdom in Jipang, and that's the Dragon Kingdom. The others regions are all nations. They do not have their own kings, and they all swear allegiance to the king of the Dragon Kingdom, the king of Jipang.

mziab

• View Profile
    • mteam
« Reply #1004 on: October 29, 2017, 06:40:52 pm »
Two more minor cosmetic ones and I'm done with the first two nations, I promise :)

#1:
There is an extra space before the quote, which is inconsistent with the rest of those captions.

#2:
Nitpick: this "a" could be moved to the next line.

travel27

• View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: October 29, 2017, 06:55:20 pm »
You need a
Spoiler:
Goldbug nest you can find them in one of the caves of the Goldmine town, use it in the room with the golden statues

Thanks but I looked all over the caves and did not find it.  Does it involve those switches and carts?  I saw some places to mine for gold and also a man blocking a room, asking for that item.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: October 29, 2017, 06:57:40 pm »
#1:
There is an extra space before the quote, which is inconsistent with the rest of those captions.

Formatting error. What happened is this:

"The beloved staff of Zettai Reido,
the commanding officer of the first squadron{newline}in Hell's army."{newline}
"He used this icy staff to perform his special move.{pause} The staff was entrusted to us by Officer Zettai Reido himself."

The problem was, I had put a linebreak after newline, and the game treats every line break as a space. Looking at this again, I see that there's an unnecessary pause tag here as well. (Pause tags should not appear in written text, only spoken text.)

#2:
Nitpick: this "a" could be moved to the next line.
[/quote]

I usually did that sort of thing (as you can tell by how symmetrical the rest of the script looks), but I think I left it there because it would have otherwise moved one word down to the next line, which also didn't look right.

I removed the ellipses to get around that, and now it all looks symmetrical.

Thanks but I looked all over the caves and did not find it.  Does it involve those switches and carts?  I saw some places to mine for gold and also a man blocking a room, asking for that item.

Go in through the alternate entrance - it's on the far left.

kain611

• View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: October 29, 2017, 07:52:21 pm »
Has anyone tried this on the SNES classic? Just wondering if it works on the default emulator there or if you need to install the retroarch as well.

travel27

• View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: October 29, 2017, 07:52:28 pm »
You need a
Spoiler:

The fusion scrolls are also given by the hermits.
By the time you get to the Canine Kingdom you should have all four fusion scrolls:

The air scroll is in
Spoiler:
the Bear Kingdom, the hermit that gives you that one lives in the peninsula to the northwest of the map

The water scroll is in
Spoiler:
the Peacock Kingdom, the hermit that gives you that one lives in a cave north of the Open Market

The bolt scroll is in
Spoiler:
the Crane Kingdom, the hermit is in a cave in a mountain in the center of the map AFTER you beat the boss

The fire scroll is in
Spoiler:
the Turtle Kingdom, princess Mitsuko in Tortoise Castle gives you this scroll after you free the kingdom

Thanks for the awesome help!  The only other thing I want to ask at this point, now that I am about to go into the golden castle, is, am I missing any special techniques?

For Higan I have the Thunder, Blazing, Booming and Basura cutter
For Subaru I have Blazing elephant, electric catfish and steel lion. 
I saw a chest for Subaru in the dog nation in one of the towns I could not get (yet?) 

Anything else you know of that I might be missing?  Thanks again.

Made in China

• View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: October 29, 2017, 08:03:16 pm »
Has anyone tried this on the SNES classic? Just wondering if it works on the default emulator there or if you need to install the retroarch as well.
Have tried it, and you have to use the snes9x retroarch core.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: October 29, 2017, 08:57:48 pm »

I saw a chest for Subaru in the dog nation in one of the towns I could not get (yet?) 

You can get that chest before entering the Golden Castle. Just talk to the people around the chest. They'll explain what you need to do to get it.

You can also return to the Fire Bear Shrine's hatchery, where you can get another summon for Subaru. There are several possible extra summons, but you can only get one of those possibilities. (The summon you get differs depending on how you hatched the egg.)

mziab

• View Profile
    • mteam
« Reply #1011 on: October 30, 2017, 09:25:39 am »
The problem was, I had put a linebreak after newline, and the game treats every line break as a space. Looking at this again, I see that there's an unnecessary pause tag here as well. (Pause tags should not appear in written text, only spoken text.)

Speaking of which, I've noticed one shopkeeper dialogue having two windows worth of text before displaying the menu. The second window didn't have the flashing triangle. Was that a missing pause tag or is it supposed to be like that? I should still have the screenshot and save ram for this, if need be.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: October 30, 2017, 12:26:20 pm »
I don't have control over the triangles. Those are done by the more intricate inner workings of the game. A pause tag is only a text stall, a small lag before printing another character. It has nothing to do with whether or not the game waits for player input or prints a triangle.

I believe that a triangle is only when there is follow-up text, though I might be mistaken... So if the second window is his last window of text before the menu appears, it would make sense that there's no triangle.

But it is beyond my control either way.

travel27

• View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: October 31, 2017, 01:03:57 am »
So, I am curious, what level were you guys at when you beat the game?

I was level 60.

My thoughts on the game:

Top notch translation.
Encounter rate got too high making me wish for a CTrigger style ¨enemies on the map¨ type system.
There are a tons of missable things.  So many.  Not all of them are needed, just the same.  This is a great game for completionist types
Music is varied and generally, very good.
Challenge is not that high.  This is not a very hard game.
You WILL go down tons of side paths that lead to...nothing.  Thanks?  Lots of dead ends here.
Which brings me back to Ugh, the battle system gets repetitive.  I can´t stress that enough.  I like how it is shown though. (from behind the character, interesting style.
Beautiful graphics for the time, all around.
Overall, not a legendary game, but a very good, solid game that could be made into an epic game with just a few changes.

LynxxLancer

• View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: October 31, 2017, 02:28:23 am »
Thanks for the awesome help!  The only other thing I want to ask at this point, now that I am about to go into the golden castle, is, am I missing any special techniques?

For Higan I have the Thunder, Blazing, Booming and Basura cutter
For Subaru I have Blazing elephant, electric catfish and steel lion. 

You need to mine gold for it.

Stitch34

• View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: October 31, 2017, 06:30:35 am »
Oh MY GOD!!! it's done! I can finally play and especially understand this game!
Very big fat thanks to the team!
you can be proud of what you do and how you do it. :beer:

So, i've a little question, i saw that i can use the translation with Higan or bsenes.
do you now if i can with Znes?

and especially, can i play with a wii emulator?

Again, thanks for your great work, I played this game when it was released, and I was never able to finish it because I was stuck and could not move without understanding what to do. today, the problem is solved thanks to you!

aqualung

• View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: October 31, 2017, 09:28:20 am »
Sorry for the silly question. If necessary, I'll open a thread apart to discuss these kind of things:

I've just reached to the Turtle Nation. How far am I in the game, more or less? Have I reached half of the game already? (I've read it's kind of short). I ask this in order to slow down a bit if I'm too fast. I've waited years for this game (as a lot of other people in this thread) and now I don't want to rush through it, I want to "savour" it, so to speak, hehe. Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 10:40:38 am by aqualung »

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: October 31, 2017, 10:03:55 am »
Oh MY GOD!!! it's done! I can finally play and especially understand this game!
Very big fat thanks to the team!
you can be proud of what you do and how you do it. :beer:

So, i've a little question, i saw that i can use the translation with Higan or bsenes.
do you now if i can with Znes?

and especially, can i play with a wii emulator?

Again, thanks for your great work, I played this game when it was released, and I was never able to finish it because I was stuck and could not move without understanding what to do. today, the problem is solved thanks to you!
Higan/BSNES and git/RetroArch builds of SNES9x only AFAIK, I don't know if GX or anything like that is updated yet. Don't even try ZSNES, it won't go.

The issue isn't any huge emulation hole, but the ability to read the clock.

w1ck3d

• View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: October 31, 2017, 10:25:46 am »
Higan/BSNES and git/RetroArch builds of SNES9x only AFAIK, I don't know if GX or anything like that is updated yet. Don't even try ZSNES, it won't go.

The issue isn't any huge emulation hole, but the ability to read the clock.

There's an updated version of GX, it just hasn't been updated on the 1st page yet.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/snes9xgx-mod-preview-wiiupro-screenshot-button.389448/page-29#post-7647477

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: October 31, 2017, 10:35:45 am »
So what was the deal with the Shounen Jump version of this game? Was there any real difference with that game compared to the original?

Also congrats on finishing on such a large & daunting project considering what you had to do to translate everything. So what is next on your list of things to do or you're going to take a big break?