News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Tengai Makyou Zero translation project  (Read 104523 times)

Tom

• View Profile
Re: Tengai Makyou Zero translation project
« Reply #780 on: October 20, 2017, 01:21:53 am »
If you downloaded the set at any point before the past half-hour, redownload it. There was an oversight on the map. Cryptic Arbor Castle was called "Castle of the Cryptic Trees" in Sara's description box. (This was an old name for the castle that was shortened due to not fitting in the map list in-game.) It's fixed now.

patuli

• View Profile
« Reply #781 on: October 20, 2017, 02:09:29 am »
I hope i'm not to late to win the personalized clock  8)

Melchior

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Sage of Life
    • View Profile
    • Baron Engineer Nation
« Reply #782 on: October 20, 2017, 02:10:40 am »
I hope i'm not to late to win the personalized clock  8)
lol ;) :P

pelham123

• View Profile
« Reply #783 on: October 20, 2017, 06:19:23 am »
Great job on the manual / packaging guys. I'm a graphic designer myself, can't find a fault. Been looking forward to playing the game since DeJap days, the wait is finally over. Congratulations!

djnforce9

• View Profile
« Reply #784 on: October 20, 2017, 07:42:15 am »
Wow, really glad to see this reach completion. Once it's up for download, I'll be playing it for sure. Also, excellent job on the manuals and other extras; it'll make for a fun read as well.

VioletFox

• View Profile
« Reply #785 on: October 20, 2017, 09:53:53 am »
Is there an in game reason higan has blue and red hair instead of gray and red like all the art? I don't know much about the series, I just remember byuu mentioning it off and on, so that always made me curious about the series.

Would it be possible to have a textless version of the "The Divine beasts that protect Jipang" page? I was thinking of making a semi west version of the box cover.

khalismur

• View Profile
« Reply #786 on: October 20, 2017, 09:59:55 am »
Well, with the readme complete, I'll release the link to the packaging.

Which means that it's time to emulate that feeling most of us had back in the day...

It's the mid 90's. Hudson is alive and well, and you're being driving back from the game store with a brand new game in your hand: Tengai Makyou Zero in English! Sitting in the car, you open the box and look at EVERYTHING! You can't wait to get home. The drive feels like it'll take FOREVER, but you're having fun reading every detail in the manual over and over again.

All of the game's packaging, including the box, manual, inserts, map, skill chart, and survey card have been translated, and are available for download at:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1rdmclp1kfpqkjo/AAB_mkjdbMm4IYqC5GqfCfhga?dl=0

The "digital" png/jpeg options are for viewing the manual/packaging on electronic devices in whatever resolution you prefer. The "print" option has another version of the manual, with the pages re-ordered for easy printing. Each option includes all of the packaging.

(Packaging Credits)

Packaging translation:
Tom

Packaging editing and layout:
Cargodin

Packaging resources used by Cargodin:
https://michaelmannucci.deviantart.com/
http://vgboxart.com/designer/Reza/
http://vgboxart.com/forums/showthread.php?27971-Ervo-s-Super-Famicom-Template

With all of that said, look over all of the materials! Print them out, and make your own box set! (Please share pictures and videos, if you do! Send me a message on twitter @retrotranslator!)

So, when will this long drive home end? In other words, when the patch will be released?

Tengai Makyou Zero was released in Japan nearly 22 years ago, on December 22nd. The patch will be released (if all goes well) on October 22nd, Japanese time. (It may be available earlier than that, depending on your time zone.)

Spread the word!
WoW Tom and team. The quality is amazing. Many Kudos to Cargodin !!!

Time to update the first post of this 40-page thread with this link, no?

Really excited to finally play the game. The manual trully rocks.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #787 on: October 20, 2017, 11:32:21 am »
I am a little concerned about the submission process for romhacking.net.

I have posted about it in the newcomer section.

Given that there is a queue, I am concerned that the game may not actually be available on romhacking.net on October 22nd. Also, a special program is needed to get the patched rom to be playable in Higan v104, and I don't know if including that program in the script is acceptable according to the guidelines.

Hopefully I can get some clarification about this.

bytemedeep

• View Profile
« Reply #788 on: October 20, 2017, 12:23:31 pm »
Just downloaded the translated manual and extras.  I was blown away at the attention to detail and the amount of effort that was put into making them.  It really shows the level of love you guys have for this game.  Props to you, Tom, and Cargodin for even wanting to translate those materials.  I've never read a game manual so much before, as I just did.  Hehe.  I've learned a lot about the game already, thanks to you guys.  I also love the sticker work for the game cart.

I hope the submission process won't turn out to be much of a hassle for you.  Just happy that the patch is almost out.

On that subject, I also hope DougRPG wouldn't mind posting a tutorial on how to insert the translation patch into the actual cart, eventually (in his free time, of course), so that some of us can enjoy playing the game on real SNES hardwere. :)

Good job, all!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 12:30:51 pm by bytemedeep »

midget35

• View Profile
« Reply #789 on: October 20, 2017, 12:57:13 pm »
Thanks Tom. It is typically thorough of you to check on even that detail. Let me be the first to say: I won't be screaming for justice if this patch is released a little late! You are on the cusp of a very special achievement. It means so much to us! Just do what you can do - you've done the hard work already, sir :)

Special

• View Profile
« Reply #790 on: October 20, 2017, 01:21:13 pm »
I am a little concerned about the submission process for romhacking.net.

It'll be unreliable if your after a timed release, queues can be days long, it comes down to favoritism basically, I've seen some submissions get skipped over then wait in limbo for over a week, if you're so concerned about an official 22nd release date, then just post a dropbox link or similar here on the forums as well as submit on romhacking.net.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 20, 2017, 01:28:26 pm »
I'm sorry to hear that.

I don't have any file sharing account, but I figure I can put up an e-mail address and send it out to people that way on the 22nd.

It's old fashioned, but beggars can't be choosers.

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden
« Reply #792 on: October 20, 2017, 01:39:20 pm »
You can usually ask one of the staff members to take care of that if you have a precise schedule.
I am the lord, you all know my name, now. I got it all: cash, money, and fame.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #793 on: October 20, 2017, 01:51:58 pm »
You can usually ask one of the staff members to take care of that if you have a precise schedule.

Well, it's not that it's my schedule that's the problem. I was just unaware of the rules. For one, I thought you could upload a patch to romhacking, but now I'm hearing that's not the case.

I asked the RHDN staff, but from what I hear, it's unlikely that I can get the game released through this site on the 22nd as I'd hoped... But I'll do what I can to make sure that the game is at least available somehow from the 22nd.

guneko

• View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 20, 2017, 02:08:57 pm »
If I could suggest one thing I will said a 22nd December.
I feel that it will make a nice Christmas present for everybody  :beer:
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 04:45:16 pm by guneko »

dejan07

• View Profile
« Reply #795 on: October 20, 2017, 02:15:11 pm »
My suggestion is upload the files on mediafire so that people can download them themselves instead of you sending e-mail's to each one who is interested. Of course submit your files for approval too.

https://www.romhacking.net/submissions/

You will see your Queue Status here:

https://www.romhacking.net/submissions/QueueStatus/
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 02:21:49 pm by dejan07 »

ebonknight

• View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 20, 2017, 03:09:05 pm »
I just signed up to say thanks to everybody involved in this project, and for giving us a good old taste of rpg nostalgia. Thank you! ;D

Aeana

• View Profile
« Reply #797 on: October 20, 2017, 04:30:55 pm »
Yeah, mediafire or Mega.co.nz should do the trick.
I hope it's closer to midnight on the 22nd Japan time (would give me all of Saturday to play)~
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 05:55:21 pm by Aeana »

Orochi Kusanagi

• View Profile
« Reply #798 on: October 20, 2017, 06:05:11 pm »
It's the mid 90's. Hudson is alive and well, and you're being driving back from the game store with a brand new game in your hand: Tengai Makyou Zero in English! Sitting in the car, you open the box and look at EVERYTHING! You can't wait to get home. The drive feels like it'll take FOREVER, but you're having fun reading every detail in the manual over and over again.

This is so nostalgic, I used to do this all the time when I got a new game back then. Now I'm even more excited.

Thanks so much Tom and the rest of the team that worked on this project. The manual is amazing, so much awesome work was put into making this look so professional. This game is going to be a blast to play through!

Pickle

• View Profile
« Reply #799 on: October 20, 2017, 09:06:31 pm »
can we get the snes9x patch early?
Id intend to play the game on a portable device, but i need the code changes to make to my build of snes9x.