News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Tengai Makyou Zero translation project  (Read 129516 times)

moltke

• View Profile
Re: Tengai Makyou Zero translation project
« Reply #1140 on: January 20, 2018, 12:36:38 pm »
   Having troubles that I see similar instances but can't seem to find a fix. Specifically I'm trying to run this game on my Retropie (Pi 3) machine with Retroarch. I also grabbed the snes9x additional core as some hinted it might be better than the standard 2005 and 2010 cores already in Retroarch. Those all run Tales of Ph, Terranigma, and other more difficult roms with no problems but I can't get the patched Tengai Makyou Zero to run. Just get black screen. I'm pretty sure I have used the original Tengai Makyou Zero rom not the "Shonen Jump no Sho" but is this what I would see if my rom isn't correct? Any other thoughts for someone trying to run this through a Retropie?

Edit: Resolved by not trying to use the stand alone snes9x core you can grab. The only one that has been updated and runs the rom is specifically the lr-snes9x optional package. Runs like a champ perfectly. So happy to be able to play this one! Thanks for all the hard work. Now if only someone could conquer Treasure Conflix and I think my SNES heaven would be a reality!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 10:24:11 am by moltke »

Nate00

• View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: February 05, 2018, 12:38:42 am »
Amazing, translation. I'm at the end of the game and absolutely loved it. It's such a shame that this series does not get some sort of collection release in the west. I would love to play the Saturn version, which I might just do anyway in japanese. I can't get enough of this series now.

Thanks again!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: February 05, 2018, 11:35:26 pm »
Glad you liked it. Unfortunately, the series has little chance of a western release now, since Konami owns the IP.

Sblaise84

• View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: February 07, 2018, 10:57:55 am »
Has anyone gotten this to work in Android? I can get it to play on Retroarch with the Snes9x core, but Retroarch is not very user friendly and I would much prefer a different emulator. I tried Snes9x ex+ from the market but all I get is a black screen. Same with SuperRetro16 and any others I could find.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: February 07, 2018, 11:24:43 pm »
Has anyone gotten this to work in Android? I can get it to play on Retroarch with the Snes9x core, but Retroarch is not very user friendly and I would much prefer a different emulator. I tried Snes9x ex+ from the market but all I get is a black screen. Same with SuperRetro16 and any others I could find.
EX+ Hasn't been updated in a good while, don't attempt it.  The only ones on mobile right now that can play this are on RetroArch, as I'm pretty darn sure that everything else on the market is based on an older build for speed reasons while RA goes straight from the Libretro buildbots.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 11:36:10 pm by Chronosplit »

tSRDazz

• View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: February 12, 2018, 11:54:15 am »
It's a blessing and a curse to delve into esoterica, especially if there may be a Region Locked episode, sometime in the future, going over the series.
Dazz here from Region Locked. I'm loving this project, and will definitely consider writing an episode up about it. I've always just felt like the character designs stand out too much for me to ignore it; even had a copy of it turn up at my old job 6 or 7 years ago and had to buy it.

Once my time has opened up a bit, I'm looking forward to delving in deep!

Made in China

• View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: February 12, 2018, 03:00:59 pm »
Hey, that's awesome! Thanks for exposing the more mainstream audience to fan translations and obscure games.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: February 19, 2018, 11:27:35 pm »
Tengai Makyou Zero got a version 4 patch.

Fixes a typo and numbers in the hatchery.

Update your roms!  :)