News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Tengai Makyou Zero translation project  (Read 121579 times)

mikeprado30

• View Profile
Re: Tengai Makyou Zero translation project
« Reply #1120 on: December 18, 2017, 08:16:00 pm »
The best news for a upcoming very nice Christmas gift  :thumbsup:

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: December 31, 2017, 11:14:56 am »
TM Zero update:

Bad news: Graphics glitching is still happening:

https://twitter.com/RetroTranslator/status/947494234138992640

Once this glitch gets fixed, we'll be just about ready for the version two release, though.

bootsector

• View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: January 01, 2018, 04:01:49 am »
Hey Tom!

Finished the game yesterday and I couldn't see that glitch. Of course I've overlooked something in the game. However, what should I do to see it, just out of curiosity?

Keep up the great work!  :thumbsup:

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: January 01, 2018, 07:41:56 pm »
To trigger the glitch, set items in your plans, switch the plan screen in the battle menu, then wiggle the direction pad to alternate between the four plans many times - eventually, a buffer will break in the game, and cause graphics to spill out. This has been fixed by DDS, and once I'm done playing through the game, we'll release the patch (with this glitch removed, and many other fixes and improvements).

VioletFox

• View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: January 01, 2018, 10:50:44 pm »
I redid the main artwork and thought you guys might like it. https://violet-rosery.tumblr.com/post/169207714573/tengai-makyou-redrawn

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: January 02, 2018, 06:35:47 am »
That is BEAUTIFUL. I've got to show Cargodin that!

Special

• View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: January 05, 2018, 09:41:59 am »
So I see that Version two is out! Is there a changelog for it by chance?

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: January 05, 2018, 10:38:56 am »
I covered a few things that were changed in the readme. (In fact, people should definitely take a fresh look the readme - there's even a secret PLGS event covered in there, and it will only happen in 2018.) I put more attention on the translated manual and packaging, because I'm particularly pleased with how that turned out.

Many changes were made, from the mundane (missing a pause tag at a comma or two, or cleaner formatting for some lines) to the notable (altered lines and a location name - the deep dark hole is now known as the much simpler "abyss"), and the glitchy stuff - the graphics overflow glitch in the battle plans, the messed up Zzz graphic that appeared in solid black letters instead of white on black. I believe the game also had calculated the date wrong, so I think for November and December, the game would print the month BEFORE what it was supposed to print.

But really, there were so many changes, to many to count. I wanted to thank Zynk Oxhyde from this website - he always took the time to write to me on Twitter. Not to mention all of the other people, some who asked not to be named. I also found a lot of errors that nobody had reported by watching playthroughs on Youtube. Even if there are some tiny flaws now, barring some disastrous oversight, this should be the final patch version.

Once the version gets updated to 2.0 on the game's info page, I'll write up a news article for the translation.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 05:28:11 am by Tom »

Reiska

• View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: January 06, 2018, 09:02:09 am »
Noob question before I start messing with this: does the translation work in Retroarch, and if yes, which of the various SNES cores do I need to use there?

I can download a standalone copy of snes9x or bsnes if I need to, but figured it'd be best to just ask before I waste time getting frustrated with it. ;)

mendou

• View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: January 09, 2018, 04:53:27 pm »
So, anyone managed to play this on a PSP using the latest snes9xTYL Mod?

I wouldn't mind the portability.  :laugh:

xZabuzax

• View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: January 10, 2018, 12:17:29 am »
there's even a secret PLGS event covered in there, and it will only happen in 2018

I was waiting this day to finally see what one of those supposed secret PLGS events would look like and so I went to the Fire Shrine at 12:51pm to find Kouji Imada there but what can i say... I was not impressed, the dude only sell stuff that you will find anywhere else, the only new thing he has is a Backscratcher which is kinda useless because it only raises +10 Luck, I guess I was expecting something big. Not your fault Tom so don't get offended by that comment, I do appreciate the effort in translating those PLGS events.

I can confirm that the battle glitches with the battle plans doesn't happen anymore with the new patch so it is indeed fixed, awesome job like always.

BTW, there is an Item that I've never used because I have no idea how or when to use it, it is the "Sandglass". Does anyone knows what this item is supposed to do?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 01:30:43 am by xZabuzax »

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: January 10, 2018, 04:03:05 am »
xZabuzax, I wrote in the readme: "It may not mean much to English speakers, but here it is." Really, it is just there for people who want to see everything.

I have told people, in the readme and on this board, that the limited time PLGS event won't mean much of anything to the people playing this translation.

The reason why Kouji Imada doesn't sell amazing stuff is because this event began only a couple of weeks after the game was released - they didn't want to give away too much good stuff to players so close to the start of the game, I'm sure.

The sandglass item is used at the geisha lodge in the Canine Nation's Big Tiger Town, by the way.

xZabuzax

• View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: January 10, 2018, 04:36:07 am »
I have told people, in the readme and on this board, that the limited time PLGS event won't mean much of anything to the people playing this translation.

The reason why Kouji Imada doesn't sell amazing stuff is because this event began only a couple of weeks after the game was released - they didn't want to give away too much good stuff to players so close to the start of the game, I'm sure.
That makes sense. I was expecting something big because it was a secret event and all, oh well... you were not kidding when you said that these events won't mean much.

The sandglass item is used at the geisha lodge in the Canine Nation's Big Tiger Town, by the way.

Ohh, I had no idea, thanks for telling me that. I will use one of my end game save states to check that out.

Edit:

Went to the geisha lodge to use and spam the "Sandglass" item and nothing happened. I guess it can only be used in a certain time for a secret event or something, oh well.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 04:54:49 am by xZabuzax »

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: January 10, 2018, 08:56:56 am »
You have to go to the geisha lodge at around midnight for the sandglass. Don't use it as an item - talk to the people there. Also, if you win the sash-undoing competition after midnight, you'll be in for a surprise.

xZabuzax

• View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: January 10, 2018, 07:58:14 pm »
You have to go to the geisha lodge at around midnight for the sandglass. Don't use it as an item - talk to the people there. Also, if you win the sash-undoing competition after midnight, you'll be in for a surprise.

That's what I did, I talked to everyone and also spam that item with everyone at midnight and nothing happened, is there a specific time at midnight where it should be used? Or maybe I already used that item in my playthrough and I just don't remember who accepted the item. In any case, can you please refresh my memory on who accepts the item in the geisha lodge and for what purpose they accepted it? maybe that way I can remember if I used it or not.

And yep, I already saw that surprise at midnight in the sash-undoing competition yesterday, 16-bit uncensored boobies ftw. If this game made it overseas then they would leave that part censored I guess =p

Edit 1:

Nevermind, the NPC that accepts the "Sandglass" finally appeared in the Geisha Lodge. It seems she appears at 9:00pm.

Edit 2:

My curiosity on using the "Sandglass" payed off, I found 2 typos with the NPC that accepts that item:

First typo: "Sandclass"

Second typo: It should be "sand in it", not "sand it it"
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 08:25:11 pm by xZabuzax »

esmjanus

• View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: January 10, 2018, 09:46:03 pm »
So, anyone managed to play this on a PSP using the latest snes9xTYL Mod?

I wouldn't mind the portability.  :laugh:
For PSP download the s9xTYLme version
https://github.com/esmjanus/snes9xTYL/releases

mendou

• View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: January 11, 2018, 10:08:58 am »
For PSP download the s9xTYLme version
https://github.com/esmjanus/snes9xTYL/releases
That's what I am using, but when I try to load the patched game it shuts down the PSP.

EDIT: Fwiw I also tried the cm version but still no luck.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 03:10:01 pm by mendou »

w1ck3d

• View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: January 11, 2018, 03:01:25 pm »
Is there a reason why an hourglass would be called a sandglass? Seems a little too literal.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: January 13, 2018, 09:22:08 am »
Is there a reason why an hourglass would be called a sandglass? Seems a little too literal.

It's because not all sandglasses are hourglasses. Only a sandglass used to measure hours is an hourglass. The fact is, there are many different sizes for sandglasses, each for measuring different times. (This character actually says that this particular sandglass only lasts ten seconds, so calling it an hourglass would be way off! :laugh:)

And darn it! Another typo! It never ends, does it? Thanks for reporting it, xZabuzax!

Maybe I'll ask DDS to make another patch. :(

I want to make sure the game is perfect, especially before DougRPG releases the cart modification method.

And there were actually three issues with that line, not two. This was a "blended" line, so the formatting breaks the sentence off mid-window. (I had to also add a special custom blank-line-filling tag that DDS made after the "Start the music!" bit in order to fix that.)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 09:39:40 am by Tom »

optiroc

• View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: January 15, 2018, 06:54:56 am »
This hack is pure beauty! I love that you went the extra mile and included translated printed matters as well.

I've been holding off playing this "for real" since I saw that work on an SD2SNES core with SPC7110 functionality was in progress. This was just around the time of the initial translation release. Didn't see much about it after that; anyone heard anything more about it?