News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Chrono Trigger MSU-1 (with FMV's)  (Read 39440 times)

qwertymodo

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger MSU-1 (with FMV's)
« Reply #140 on: April 12, 2017, 07:50:01 pm »
I'm almost positive that it also occurs during the Day of Lavos recording in Arris Dome, but I don't have a save file to check.

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 22, 2017, 11:07:23 pm »
It's been a while since I looked at your project. I know I said I wanted to test it out with the FMVs WITHOUT the altered BGM and I was very involved in other things. I still am but I've got time to test it out. Where is it so far? Also, how compatible is it with Chronosplit and ManuLove's projects?

qwertymodo

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 22, 2017, 11:18:16 pm »
Things are on a bit of a hiatus, school is killing me this term.

qwertymodo

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 24, 2017, 05:17:31 pm »
It has been brought to my attention that the download links were broken due to a server upgrade I did awhile back.  They have been fixed and updated.  Also, just popping back in to let you all know this project isn't dead, I'm just working on other things at the moment, and once those are done, I'll come back to this.  The last few months have been crazy, so I just haven't had any time to work on any of my projects, I'm finally getting back into the swing of things.

MattyXB

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 10, 2017, 01:13:58 pm »
Hello, I am a bit new with MSU-1 and have some problems with this Version (and another Chrono Trigger with Anime Intro I found somewhere).

I already played some MSU-1 games which work great. But by Chrono Trigger it will play no movies at the Intro. Or came the Intro movie later ingame? I thought I must just wait at the startscreen and it will play then, but always the Original Intro will starts to play and no special Version or Anime Version.

I patched and renamed the Rom, and put all downloaded files in one Folder. I use bsnes 070, and tried now Higan103 and same problem, no Videos for Chrono Trigger.
Or at which point in the game will the Intro plays?

PS: ok, found now a Patch, which seems to work correct, not sure whats wrong with the others, maybe I miss some files or done something wrong.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 02:18:25 pm by MattyXB »

SmokeMonster

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2017, 04:17:57 pm »
Works great for me. Thanks qwertymodo! 8)

Jelster

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 18, 2017, 01:29:58 am »
Returning player from the 90's here :)

Got sd2snes +snes, Chrono Trigger MSU + intro video (which runs out of synch, awesome nonetheless). I'm at the start of a 100% playthrough. Maybe i can be of some help?

jgreen32

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2017, 07:42:30 pm »
Can someone tell me what tool to use to create the music files? I've got the flac soundtrack files and I think I'm supposed to use the script to create the pcm files but what software to use?

qwertymodo

• View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger MSU-1 (with FMV\'s)
« Reply #148 on: August 23, 2017, 05:27:19 pm »
I've updated the patch with a handful of minor fixes, some of which could potentially have far-reaching side-effects (though I think I've accounted for them).  After a bug report from skins4thewin, I took a look at Temporal Flux and realized that track $00 should be handled as a track stop, which I wasn't doing, so the music would continue to play in a lot of places where it should have stopped (the quickest example in a new game would be when you bump into Marle at the fair, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEcwtSkRz2Q&t=5m25s).  Another minor issue was that the DMA used for sprite animation operates independent from the scripting engine, so if there were animated sprites on-screen when a FMV played, those sprites would flash briefly over the black screen once the video ended (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6ajZEQm1_U the Reptites at 6:52 and Queen Zeal at 27:30).  This should be fixed now.  This is definitely one of the changes that could have introduced side effects, but it's a very simple hook, and *should* be fine.  Please report any graphical glitches, especially animation-related ones.  I'm also changing the FMV skip button to Start, since I have found myself absent-mindedly mashing B and skipping the scenes when I didn't intend to do so.

August 23, 2017, 07:01:44 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I managed to get in-battle pausing (command #$F5) working, but it turns out that because the MSU-1 can only store a single resume point, if you pause in-battle, you lose the overworld music resume once the battle is over.  The other option is to "fake pause" by just muting the MSU-1 instead.  I think that will probably be the better option, but I have both implementations written, I'll just wrap them both in an #ifdef switch so the option is there.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 07:01:44 pm by qwertymodo »

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 23, 2017, 08:45:55 pm »
I'm looking forward to the Chrono Trigger Plus version ...
Will be released with FMV ???

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #150 on: August 23, 2017, 09:03:57 pm »
I'm looking forward to the Chrono Trigger Plus version ...
Will be released with FMV ???

An older version of it is, I believe when he gets all the bugs worked out we can hopefully work the two together.

CT+ Currently has the msu-1 music fully integrated

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 23, 2017, 10:12:08 pm »
An older version of it is, I believe when he gets all the bugs worked out we can hopefully work the two together.

CT+ Currently has the msu-1 music fully integrated

My question was exactly for him about the FMV.

qwertymodo

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 24, 2017, 01:57:56 am »
Yes, once it's done I'll release it in a form that is separately compatible with other hacks, including CT+.  The only thing currently stopping CT+ from supporting FMV's is that I've asked him not to until it's done.  Though, I suppose I probably didn't provide him with the script locations to add in the ColorCrashes, but he's played around enough with TF, I'm sure he could work them out himself if he really wanted to.  If anybody wants to see this finished more quickly, the three things I need are:
  • More beta testers
  • Videos of all of the endings on the PSX version, uncut/unedited all the way through the credits to the final "The End" screen
  • Assistance from anybody with CUDA experience (or anybody who knows bisqwit and can convince him to help me with his dithering algorithms)

qwertymodo

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 06, 2017, 02:43:47 pm »
It has been brought to my attention that Blake Robinson's albums are no longer available for purchase on Loudr.  They do seem to still be available on iTunes, but those files are probably not directly compatible with my script, so for the time being I suggest using Dracula9AntiChapel's soundtrack.  This is very unfortunate, but I have contacted Blake to try and determine what my options are at this point.  In the mean time, please be respectful of his licensing terms.  These are still commercially-licensed, copyrighted albums, so uploading your converted .pcm's is a no-go, and making them available here would be a violation of RHDN's ToS.  I'll try to keep you updated if and when I have more information.

shadowAOD

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 07, 2017, 06:27:31 am »
It has been brought to my attention that Blake Robinson's albums are no longer available for purchase on Loudr.  They do seem to still be available on iTunes, but those files are probably not directly compatible with my script, so for the time being I suggest using Dracula9AntiChapel's soundtrack.  This is very unfortunate, but I have contacted Blake to try and determine what my options are at this point.  In the mean time, please be respectful of his licensing terms.  These are still commercially-licensed, copyrighted albums, so uploading your converted .pcm's is a no-go, and making them available here would be a violation of RHDN's ToS.  I'll try to keep you updated if and when I have more information.
Man that sucks but I'm glad I managed to buy the albums before that happened, I'm just hoping I can use the pcm files from his album when this patch is finally completed

qwertymodo

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 07, 2017, 08:35:42 pm »
The .pcm's won't change (other than a few minor tweaks I've made, but if you still have the FLAC's you can just regenerate them).

saldite

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 08, 2017, 03:18:06 pm »
I figure it's worth noting, but if you have a receipt for Amazon/iTunes/GooglePlay of the album and contact him directly with it, he'll try to get a FLAC download for you. Or, at least, he was willing to do so for me with my Amazon purchase of the album. When I contacted him the other day, he told me that due to legal reasons, he can't get things up on bandcamp or another common lossless source currently, though.

qwertymodo

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 09, 2017, 01:02:01 am »
Good to know. I figured Bandcamp was a long shot with their licensing terms. I still haven't heard anything back from the message I sent him though.  I hope he is able to come up with another more permanent solution.

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 09, 2017, 09:12:11 am »
Off topic : Super Mario Odyssey , the very first game with MSU-1 support does not work in the new SNES9x mercurial version, thanks .

qwertymodo

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 09, 2017, 12:35:52 pm »
Where did you download it and did it work in previous Snes9x builds with MSU-1 support?