News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Chrono Trigger MSU-1 (with FMV's)  (Read 37242 times)

qwertymodo

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger MSU-1 (with FMV's)
« Reply #120 on: February 19, 2017, 10:25:18 am »
Yeah, got caught up with school and work, haven't done much personal coding. I'll try and take a crack at it this week.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2017, 11:21:14 am »
Awesome, thanks

qwertymodo

• View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger MSU-1 (with FMV\'s)
« Reply #122 on: February 20, 2017, 01:04:37 pm »
Yeah, I just have to figure out how to do exHiROM mapping in bass...

February 20, 2017, 10:13:33 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Haven't heard back from you for a few weeks, was just wondering if you were still interested in making this work with my hack?

Ok, so everything works except NMI is somehow getting relocated, so anything related to fading isn't working, including the title screen music and the 1000AD music switch when you leave Truce.  Videos are working though.  Once I figure out wtf is going on with NMI, it should be good to go.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 10:14:38 pm by qwertymodo »

Ballz

• party time excellent
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2017, 10:00:46 pm »
Did you know there's no audio on the FMV cut scene for when you first get the Epoch?  Also when the cut scene ends, you hear a song start to play for a split second before it's abruptly cut off. I *think* it's the Epoch's theme but it goes by so fast it's hard to tell. 

Let me know if you need an SRM from right before the sequence (or for any previous bugs I PM'd you about a week or so back).  Overall it's been a stellar experience.  And for me anyways, a good part of the fun's been customizing the music between Chrono Symphony and Drac's covers.   :laugh:

Lux

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 26, 2017, 06:55:36 pm »
I hear what he's talking about, it's called harmonic interference.

This seems an accurate description. I agree it's not something to be 'fixed' and this wouldn't be the venue to discuss it anyway. I never did fire up audacity but vanilla CT does sound like the youtube video i linked in my comparison post.

xadox

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 20, 2017, 04:50:56 am »
You can actually already generate track 85 if you want. Open up tracks.cfg and find the section for Lavos' Theme..., and copy the config lines for that track, then change the track number on the copied lines to 85. There should be commented out lines marked "Extended", uncomment them and comment out the originals for those parameters. Run the script again and you should have track 85.
Hmm... somehow I am not able to find these "Extended" lines for track 85?
There are only some for Robo's Theme, Frog's Theme and A Prayer for the Wayfarer.

qwertymodo

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 20, 2017, 12:54:20 pm »
There are a few places where Lavos' Theme plays a section that is basically The Day The World Revived.  I want to say that the Day of Lavos record in Arris Dome is one of those if you let it run long enough, but I can't remember for sure.  That's what track 85 will be used for.

Edit: Oh, you mean you can't find the lines in the config.  Here you go:

Code: [Select]
TRACK85FILE=Chrono Trigger Symphony Vol 2 (FLAC)\05 - Lavos_ Theme.flac
TRACK85LOOP=792643
TRACK85TRIM=6882119

While you're at it, you might want to edit track 12 as well, I managed to find a better loop point when I was converting things over to my new tool.

Code: [Select]
TRACK12FILE=Chrono Trigger Symphony Vol 1 (FLAC)\13 - Guardia Castle - Pride _ Glory.flac
TRACK12LOOP=353288
TRACK12TRIM=4587663

(note: no cross-fade)

xadox

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 20, 2017, 01:15:40 pm »
Thx for the extra lines  :thumbsup:

Edit: Hmmm.... only adding the extra track85 lines to the tracks.cfg somehow did not lets track85 been created?

Edit2: Ah... also NUMTRACKS=84 has to be edited to NUMTRACKS=85  ;)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 01:27:13 pm by xadox »

qwertymodo

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 20, 2017, 01:43:36 pm »
Ah yep, my bad.  I actually have that Chrono Trigger pack converted to my new tool, so I may swap that out in the main post.  The end result is the same, so anybody who has already converted their tracks can just ignore it, but it should be a bit simpler to use for everybody else, since it's a single .exe + config instead of a .bat + config + 3 separate applications consisting of dozens of binaries.

shadowAOD

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 24, 2017, 08:04:26 am »
Just wondering, when you've completed this patch
will we have to repatch it with a new rom or can the patched rom be updated to the final version?

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2017, 08:23:45 am »
Restranslations support (Kajar & Doctor L) ?

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 24, 2017, 09:22:15 am »
Restranslations support (Kajar & Doctor L) ?

What?

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 24, 2017, 11:27:57 am »
What?

This hack was made only for the official version, I would like to play it with the translation made by Doctor L which is much more complete and interesting ...

patuli

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 24, 2017, 11:31:01 am »
well now that, we are requesting things, i would like to play this hack, with magno perfect spanish translation, but dreaming is free dosen't  ;D

qwertymodo

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 24, 2017, 01:21:37 pm »
I've answered that multiple times. It's not directly compatible with other hacks, but the final version can be, however, it will have to be supported by that hack's author as well, it can't just be a simple patch, changes need to be made to the event script.

Midna

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 24, 2017, 02:38:48 pm »
Wasn't the Kajar Labs translation the one with that "Demon King-sama-chan-san-kun-pyon-hana-kuso" weeaboo nonsense?

Isao Kronos

• ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 24, 2017, 03:01:55 pm »
Wasn't the Kajar Labs translation the one with that "Demon King-sama-chan-san-kun-pyon-hana-kuso" weeaboo nonsense?
So it's the TV-Nihon of game translations?

Midna

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 24, 2017, 08:22:27 pm »
Well, I wouldn't go that far, but leaving in Japanese honorifics in a game that's almost completely rooted in European fantasy (and in which none of the playable characters are Japanese) is pretty bad.

Ballz

• party time excellent
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 24, 2017, 08:36:08 pm »
Just wondering, when you've completed this patch
will we have to repatch it with a new rom or can the patched rom be updated to the final version?

New rom.  You shouldn't have to redownload the music files unless changes are made to those

lol

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 12, 2017, 07:13:24 pm »
So recently I checked in Temporal Flux so I could give someone a definitive answer on the full version of Lavos' theme. Surprisingly, considering people's memories of it playing under typical gameplay circumstances (pre-DS version), it only plays in one place: taking the flightless Epoch to the apocalypse. It also doesn't kick into the long version until until they gaze up at Lavos on the swirly background.