News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: For those hacking Rock Man (Mega Man) 2  (Read 775 times)

DragonMage98

• View Profile
For those hacking Rock Man (Mega Man) 2
« on: November 03, 2016, 03:09:21 pm »
Hey everybody, I'm DragonMage98. In case you're wondering who I am, I'm the person who wrote this document for the Japanese version of Mega Man 2 (Rock Man 2.) The document can be found here: http://www.romhacking.net/documents/724/
Anyways, that's not the point of this thread. What I'd like to do is simply provide as much information about hacking Mega Man 2 as possible, since it has a wide variety of hacks over the years. To start off the topic, I finally came across on how to edit the Robot Masters' weaknesses! I'd like to give a special thanks to omega_rugal for finding a small portion of it before I (almost) completed it in my spare time. This is what he said:
A small update

due a request, im now looking for the damage each weapon does to each Robot Master, so far i have found a few values for Flash Man but the process is rather slow so i may not update the list often

Flashman damage list in Hard mode

Megabuster      damage 2 address A942 in ROM 2E952

Atomic fire level 1   damage 2 address A947 in ROM 2e957
Atomic fire level 2   damage 4
atomic fire level 3   damage 6
Air shooter             damage 0
Leaf Shield             damage 0
Bubble lead             damage 2 address A97F in ROM 2e98f
quick boomerang   damage 0
time stopper        damage 0
metal blade         damage 4 address A9A9 in ROM 2E9b9
crash bomb           damage 3 address A99B in ROM 2E9AB

if anyone knows a way to find these values before i reinvent the wheel ill apreciate it

Well, I made some notes about more than a month ago commenting on where the bytes were located.
Spoiler:
The bytes are from 2E933 to 2E9A2 in Rock Man 2.
The only thing I couldn't find was the damage for Time Stopper (Flash Man's weapon.)

I've also included some other neat stuff involving weapons in my notes. You can find it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l3myt0i2n9puev1/ROCKMAN2WEAPONDATAFAQ.txt?dl=0
It was originally going to be a document itself, but I'm not sure if I should release it as-is. Anyways, I hope you like what I found!