News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: The Adventures of Musashi Jr. NES Translation Released  (Read 2254 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: Pennywise

Hey folks, today we present you another completed translation of Musashi no Bouken or The Adventures of Musashi Jr.

Way back in 2000, this game was translated by Gaijin Translations and it was bluntly stated in the readme that the script had to be butchered in order to fit the script back in. So aishsha and Pennywise took it upon themselves to hack and translate the game scratch with a little help from Ryusui, harmony7, FlashPV, Xanathis, cccmar and whoever helped us on this one. This translation didn't take us very long to finish, especially compared to some of our other projects and it was relatively easy to work on.

Anyhow, the game is your typical DQ clone that is loosely based on the life and times of Musashi Miyamoto. It's a fairly short game with some humor sprinkled in and comes recommended to those who enjoy these older games.

Enjoy!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

cccmar

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • Nebulous Translations site
Re: Translations: The Adventures of Musashi Jr. NES Translation Released
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 02:29:42 pm »
Awesome, another one of those quirky ones taken care of. :) I can think of some other NES games which require a retranslation, but that's obviously more of a matter of personal opinion for the most part. Way to go!

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 03:30:26 pm »
We talked about redoing STED, but I'm not too interested in that one because the quality of the game doesn't seem to be on par with some of our recent translations.

cccmar

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • Nebulous Translations site
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 03:59:16 pm »
We talked about redoing STED, but I'm not too interested in that one because the quality of the game doesn't seem to be on par with some of our recent translations.

Played that one ages ago, it's rather average really - in fact, seems to be a bit of a knock-off of Phantasy Star in more than one way. I'd say that there are games which need it much more than STED... anyhow, perhaps some other projects will prove to be more interesting.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 01:25:39 am by cccmar »

releasethedogs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 11:10:24 pm »
Im still dreaming of a translation of Monster maker 5

aishsha

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 11:21:25 pm »
Im still dreaming of a translation of Monster maker 5
There were actually 4 games as I recall...

FlashPV

• View Profile
    • Terminus Traductions
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 05:15:53 am »
Someone should try to translate the Hiryu no Ken and the Super Chinese series if you ask me. I don't understand why nobody have looked at them yet.  :-\

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations

aishsha

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 03:03:48 pm »
Someone should try to translate the Hiryu no Ken and the Super Chinese series if you ask me. I don't understand why nobody have looked at them yet.  :-\
As for SC - someone did, and I believe it was almost ready. But he's on hiatus now.