News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Mega Man X5 Improvement Project [PSX]  (Read 53595 times)

omega prime

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X5 Improvement Project [PSX]
« Reply #160 on: March 06, 2018, 11:56:48 pm »
I want Normal X can use air dash. Because Normal X has low defense, I think we should increase the mobility by adding air dash to increase the survival rate. How is it?

March 10, 2018, 06:59:41 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I'm just a noob at hacking but i have a suggestion to make this game better:

1. Make all the parts obtainable
2. The shared life gauge and weapon gauge bonus is nice. But I just want both X and Zero can reach maximum Life gauge and weapon gauge for OCD reasons.
3. If possible you can just make an option to turn off Alia's briefing, not disabling it entirely. She is our navigator after all, so it's her job.
4. If possible too, please bring back nova strike for Fourth armor.

The way we are able to keep starting bonus for selecting the starting character (x' fourth armor and zero's z buster) is very nice. actually it is that I wanted for a long time.

And I hope you can do some game improvement project for X6.
And normal X can use air dash and Gaea Armor can use DNA parts:)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 06:59:41 am by omega prime »

TempestBlade

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 10, 2018, 09:09:24 pm »
No PC version?

New suggestions:
Replace Armagedon with X normal ending music.
Replace unused Stage select with second select. Zero Stage appears.

What's about unused Mission Report and Zero Dead?

SAHunterMech

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 15, 2018, 09:35:47 pm »
I'm definitely on board with this project and I definitely have some suggestions of my own.

1) If you want the maximum amount of parts in a normal playthrough you have to commit suicide and run down the clock until the boss levels are high enough to get parts. This doesn't make any sense to me and I think the bosses should be at a fixed level initially, and at a higher level in the rematch, and that's it.

2) There shouldn't be a limit on how many parts you can equip at one time. There aren't THAT many to begin with, and I think the only one that breaks the game is the jumper. That one should be removed outright. Outside of that, it's a refreshing experience to have all of the speed-boosting items equipped and it certainly alleviates the sluggish feeling that the PSX games have compared to SNES or GBA (Zero series). It's also cool to have the feeling of accumulating power through items as you go through the game (Much like in MegaMan 8 ) instead of being limited to how many you can equip.

I would almost go so far as to say that the Hyper Dash, Speedster, Quick Charge and Speed Shot should be the default gameplay settings and parts should be done away with entirely because Zero honestly doesn't need his power boosted from parts (more on that in the next point)

3) There is a huge disparity between X's and Zero's damage output and overall difficulty, as mentioned previously. Zero I feel is in a good spot but X suffers a lot in the default/Falcon armor forms (Quick Charge helps with that immensely). Meanwhile, the Gaea Armor is OP as fuck and not many people are talking about it. Sure it's slower, but thanks to the non-existent charge time you can damage bosses faster than Zero in some cases (Final Sigma) and it kind of just cheeses the game with the wall cling and the spike immunity. The Ultimate Armor has always been a cheese fest and I'd love to see it be more than just an easymode but I'm not going to be upset if it remains unchanged.

X also needs an Armorless Air-Dash and I would honestly love to see him have the float be default too, just so he's on more of an even footing with Zero in terms of the quantity of abilities.

3) I strongly disagree with decreasing the boss life bars in the rematch section; This is only MegaMan game I can think of where the bosses are harder during the rematch instead of being the exact same and I love that. It's not too bad with Zero, even armorless, and it's really just a matter of X not being up to snuff by comparison. If you must decrease those life bars I'd make the bosses more aggressive, faster, or something like that.

4) Final Sigma is my favorite Sigma in the X Games because he's so balls to the wall hard, and I really don't want him changed that much. The First form is a bit of a joke and could stand to dash around a bit faster but the last form is near-perfect in my eyes (Learning to dodge the purple cubes of death is a very rewarding experience and I'm proud to say I learned how to do it) with only a minor nitpick, that being those damn random hands, haha. Having the platform you need to stand on turn into a hazard in a split second is frustrating, because it's random and could happen at any time.

5) Whether it's the claustrophobic layouts in Izzy Glow or Squid Adler's stages, or the punishing timers on the bombs in the Skiver's stage, stages need some work here and there in X5. Not as glaringly bad as X6 but you know, lol

6) Take the X6 Z-Buster, tone down the damage a bit, give it a bit more range and that's all Zero needs here. The Z-Buster is laughable in this game, it's hard to believe it's a bonus for picking Zero at the start. Zero just needs a tool in a small amount of damage at range.

7) The bosses are generally unchallenging in this one, exceptions being Duff McWhalen and his dumb "push you into spikes" attack and I think Mattrex is in a good spot difficulty wise. Overall I think speed is just the problem.

8 ) Characters without armor take a loooot of damage and characters with armor take very little. Armor should be a small bonus instead of having such a dramatic impact, in my opinion. Zero really suffers here because he can't get armor until the endgame without cheats.

9) If you can figure out the probability of the Enigma/Shuttle success, you're a god. That shit is so fucked. I have to sacrifice my first-born son on an altar to get the Enigma to work the first time before I reload my saves ad infinitum, even with all the parts.

10) In X4, I'll take the Quad-shot buster over the Plasma shot any day. Come at me.

Metalwario64

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 15, 2018, 11:35:14 pm »
X also needs an Armorless Air-Dash and I would honestly love to see him have the float be default too, just so he's on more of an even footing with Zero in terms of the quantity of abilities.
I'm personally against this, because unarmored X has never had these abilities, and I like the option of playing as him for the difficulty of it.

Now, I'm definitely all for having the unused music tracks be reinserted if at all possible, like Tidal Whale's unused theme, the unused Dr. Light theme, Armageddon as X's ending, and the unused Zero death theme.

I actually made a video a couple of years ago of the ending with the unused music tracks, and it feels more emotional and satisfying.

SAHunterMech

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 15, 2018, 11:52:57 pm »
I'm personally against this, because unarmored X has never had these abilities, and I like the option of playing as him for the difficulty of it.

If we were content with Capcom's design choices we wouldn't be supporting this mod. I'm all for veteran players having a more difficult experience, but I think for first time players the idea of X and Zero being on more even footing is more appealing. I'd also argue that if X had the abilities I suggested as default, you could opt to just not use them if you want things to be more difficult.

omega prime

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 16, 2018, 09:16:47 am »

I'm personally agreement this, because unarmored X has low defense, increase the mobility by adding Air-Dash to increase the survival rate. X6 too:)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 09:30:54 am by omega prime »

Ghaleonh41

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 16, 2018, 11:12:27 am »
I have to say that this version of X5 is awesome! This is now my go-to & can't wait for more development!

As for X having the Air Dash, tough call because X6 was the one where he really needed it. Here, not so much. But I always wondered why the developers never internalized it after X2... Guess the level design didn't call for it.

Metalwario64

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 16, 2018, 03:11:29 pm »
If we were content with Capcom's design choices we wouldn't be supporting this mod. I'm all for veteran players having a more difficult experience, but I think for first time players the idea of X and Zero being on more even footing is more appealing. I'd also argue that if X had the abilities I suggested as default, you could opt to just not use them if you want things to be more difficult.
I'm against the decision Capcom made with Alia in this game, which is why I love this hack. However, the entire series had a weak X by default who always had to have armor upgrades to surpass Zero. That was even the theme of the first game, and throughout X1-X4 he never had an air dash without armor. That's just my view on it. I'm not saying I'm right or you're wrong, it's just my opinion.

At the very least, it would be nice to have optional patches for those who want X to have an air dash, of which I never knew this was such a widely requested feature.

omega prime

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 24, 2018, 01:47:15 am »
I want to the normal X can use air dash. Please make to the normal X can use air dash.

MajinKaan

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 12, 2018, 09:16:13 am »
Please give the game back it’s original intro.

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 30, 2018, 05:25:46 pm »
I get an error when trying to patch this game, in XDelta. I get this with every single patch I try to apply, and I've found the (rather simple) solution before, but I keep forgetting what causes it.

---------------------------

xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

OK   

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 02, 2018, 08:31:44 am »
I get an error when trying to patch this game, in XDelta. I get this with every single patch I try to apply, and I've found the (rather simple) solution before, but I keep forgetting what causes it.

xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

OK   

Probably not the right iso file? I used this patch on the "ReDump" release and had no issues.

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 02, 2018, 12:07:14 pm »
Yes I was not paying attention, the redump version works all fine.

taikyoku

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 03, 2018, 11:11:42 pm »
Oh. This is very relevant to my interests.

I am actually alright with the Mega Man intro, as it's the least offensive thing about the localization, and the unique song created for it is actually pretty good and fitting, just like the one created for X4. If you ever do decide to replace it, you should allow the user to choose either.

Zero Dozer

• Wow, I've used that Eminem quote for a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 04, 2018, 12:32:30 am »
Is the original poster even around anymore?

DarkSamus993

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 04, 2018, 07:54:40 am »
I'm very much still around, just been busy working on other projects of mine and helping others out on a few of theirs. Don't worry, this project has not been abandoned, just momentarily stalled.

injoon84

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 27, 2018, 07:30:13 am »
Hi DarkSamus993, I want to ask is the Gameshark value helpful in your Mega Man X5 Improvement Project?
Coz if it's helpful, I can share some of my cheat codes I found out and mix it with the Joker Command.
But the thing is, the list is quite long.

injoon84

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 12, 2018, 11:20:28 am »
By the way, on your next release, if you can't make Alia work out as X6, please don't permanently disable the conversation.

If you use the below gameshark codes, you can actually disable/activate back the conversation between X/Zero and Alia:

#Alia guides X (OFF=Select+Start/ ON=Up+Select+Start) Permanent Effect
D00C931C 0900
800D1CCD FFFF
D00C931C 1900
800D1CCD 0000
D00C931C 0900
800D1CCE FFFF
D00C931C 1900
800D1CCE 0000
D00C931C 0900
800D1CCF FFFF
D00C931C 1900
800D1CCF 0000
D00C931C 0900
800D1CD0 FFFF
D00C931C 1900
800D1CD0 0000
D00C931C 0900
800D1CD1 FFFF
D00C931C 1900
800D1CD1 0000
D00C931C 0900
800D1CD2 FFFF
D00C931C 1900
800D1CD2 0000
#Alia guides Zero (OFF=Select+Start/ ON=Up+Select+Start) Permanent Effect
D00C931C 0900
800D1CED FFFF
D00C931C 1900
800D1CED 0000
D00C931C 0900
800D1CEE FFFF
D00C931C 1900
800D1CEE 0000
D00C931C 0900
800D1CEF FFFF
D00C931C 1900
800D1CEF 0000
D00C931C 0900
800D1CF0 FFFF
D00C931C 1900
800D1CF0 0000
D00C931C 0900
800D1CF1 FFFF
D00C931C 1900
800D1CF1 0000
D00C931C 0900
800D1CF2 FFFF
D00C931C 1900
800D1CF2 0000

Note:
1) This is permanent effect cheat codes. If you disable the conversation, the game will remain no conversation.
2) If you OFF and ON the conversation on a stage that have triggered the conversation before, the game will reset back as a new conversation.
3) Be careful not to hold Select+Start buttons too long in a stage as these buttons meant to return to the Title Screen.
4) This cheat codes will not work on MegaMan X5_Improve(v001) as Alia conversation has been permanently disable.

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 13, 2018, 10:42:01 am »
That's an interesting code, I wish I knew of it before. Did you write it yourself or did you find it somewhere else? (If that's the case, where did you get it from?)

I personally like that they're completely disabled in the current version (I even disable alerts on X6), but I agree that something like this would be better for a general Improvements hack. I can imagine it as a hack: pressing Select to toggle it on and off, coupled with a small sound effect, and maybe even a small "Navigation On/Off" icon displaying for a couple of seconds on the lower corner... I'd definitely like that a lot better than the constant beeping of X6 alerts.

(I'm currently cutting my teeth on a very small MMX6 project, and assigning new actions to button presses is still uncharted territory for me, but this is exactly the kind of thing I'd like to learn how to make)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to when DarkSamus993 comes back to this project!

injoon84

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 13, 2018, 02:34:06 pm »
You could say I build it just a couple of days ago but the source actually came from DarkSamus993.
Please trace back what he shows on page 2.
I try using the ram value and add the last 4 hexadecimal value.
It turns out FFFF=No conversation, while 0000=New conversation for specific stages.
The rest I only add in Joker Command Value.

Eg. Gameshark
     Value                          Description
D00C931C 0900                  Normal Joker Command = Select+Start
800D1CCD FFFF                  Alia has no conversation with X at Eurasia City
D00C931C 1900                  Normal Joker Command = Up+Select+Start
800D1CCD 0000                  Alia has conversation with X at Eurasia City

You are working on X6? Cool! Can't wait for it.
Also, you manage to disable alerts on X6? How did you do it?
If possible, do you know where Exit level ram located for X6?
I think maybe they work the same and can be converted to gameshark.

Anyway, I don't know how to hack a game but I understand that you can assign buttons for specific cheats, action, and etc by using Joker Command.
But do they work the same as assigning new actions to button presses for a modded game?
If it is, then, maybe my gamesharks value can be helpful.
I have some you won't find on any website for X4 to X6.
However, as I stated before the list will be very long and some even comes with glitches.
So don't feel like posting it unless it is necessary. Please let me know.