News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Pokemon Ultra Violet Final Release (Glitches Fixed)  (Read 98921 times)

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
Re: ROM Hacks: Pokemon Ultra Violet Final Release (Glitches Fixed)
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2013, 05:18:12 pm »
im aware... there are no wingull (there were supposed to be) catch a pelliper and breed for a wingull
~Current Project:

Kirika

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2013, 08:29:05 am »
I want to make a sprite hack... that hacks the Pokemon Front Sprites to be sexy women ;)
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2011/01/pokemon-girls-full.jpg

Really Im no artist... I can insert images all day, but drawing them... I cannot

There's always Moemon 2013?

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/11707-ips-moemon-patch-moegar-feb-2013-version/

If you patch Moemon to Fire Red, then patch Ultra Violet, you'll get Moemon Ultra Violet!  It's what I'm playing right now =P

Also, if you're having trouble saving in an emulator:
Spoiler:
Also, idk if anyone has tried this previously, but I found a way to save on an emulator.  With an emulation of Fire Red (prior to patch) just make a save in whatever emulator you use.  Then, patch the game, re-name it (like "Pokemon Ultra Violet Version.gba") and then rename the same save to whatever you named the rom file ("Pokemon Ultra Violet Version.sav").  When you start up the patched PUV rom, just start a new game and save over the previous save.  Viola!

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2013, 10:22:15 am »
There's always Moemon 2013?

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/11707-ips-moemon-patch-moegar-feb-2013-version/

If you patch Moemon to Fire Red, then patch Ultra Violet, you'll get Moemon Ultra Violet!  It's what I'm playing right now =P

Also, if you're having trouble saving in an emulator:
Spoiler:
Also, idk if anyone has tried this previously, but I found a way to save on an emulator.  With an emulation of Fire Red (prior to patch) just make a save in whatever emulator you use.  Then, patch the game, re-name it (like "Pokemon Ultra Violet Version.gba") and then rename the same save to whatever you named the rom file ("Pokemon Ultra Violet Version.sav").  When you start up the patched PUV rom, just start a new game and save over the previous save.  Viola!
You maam made my moe!   ;)

Kirika

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2013, 07:43:48 am »
Well, crap in a hat =/  Playing Moemon Ultra Violet using the Feb-2013 Moemon patch, and it seems to freeze whenever an updated sprite shows up.  Idk why.  I didn't prefer the older sprites, as they were a little more loli-esq @.@.  The older version of moemon; found here:

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/5581-ips-moemon-patch-updated-graphics/

Worked just fine.  To my knowledge, these are just pure sprite replacement, so I don't understand why one version would work, and another would not T.T  But then again, my understanding of modding is about equivalent to a tea leaf's understanding of the history of the West India Trade Company v.v
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 08:26:31 am by Kirika »

yor2xD

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2013, 09:16:54 am »
how to download pokemon ultra violet?.. plssss answer me^^
 :police: :crazy:

soulblazer

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2013, 08:09:40 pm »
I just downloaded it, patched my game.

And well, the patch just messed up my game, I opened it just to see a frozen black screen. It appears everyone and their mothers are enjoying the game and I can get the game to properly play. Help!

October 09, 2013, 08:20:41 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Forget it, I solved it. I'm not an English native speaker and I have both English and Spanish ROM versions of the game, and well... I patched on the Spanish ROM by mistake. Silly me, luckily I realized in time...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 08:21:26 pm by soulblazer »

BamfNight

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2014, 09:22:58 am »
I know this is an old topic, but is anyone experiencing saving problems with the rom hack. I patched it and started playing it with the GBA ont he EZ Flash IV, however periodically it would just stop saving altogether. However, on other games the save is intact. Should I just stick with the PSP or the computer to play this game? Pleas advise.

jackiecrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2014, 04:04:30 am »
Well, crap in a hat =/  Playing Moemon Ultra Violet using the Feb-2013 Moemon patch, and it seems to freeze whenever an updated sprite shows up.  Idk why.  I didn't prefer the older sprites, as they were a little more loli-esq @.@.  The older version of moemon; found here:

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/5581-ips-moemon-patch-updated-graphics/

Worked just fine.  To my knowledge, these are just pure sprite replacement, so I don't understand why one version would work, and another would not T.T  But then again, my understanding of modding is about equivalent to a tea leaf's understanding of the history of the West India Trade Company v.v
Heck, mine black screens on the naming screen for revival! I don't want to use old versions... AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Edit: Patched them the other way around and it worked  :laugh: but now the text is corrupted because the installation is unclean :banghead:!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 04:19:28 am by jackiecrazy »

xZecora

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2016, 07:03:42 pm »
The patched ROM won't run properly on any emulator except for NO$GBA and even then it says that there is an error but keeps playing. I'm not sure if I'm unknowingly using the wrong Fire Red ROM or if something is wrong with the hack
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 09:12:40 pm by I.S.T. »

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2016, 09:14:17 pm »
We don't allow asking for ROMs here, xZecora.

Have you tried comparing the CRC32 or etc of your ROM prior to patching to the one listed on the page? That would help determine if it's a differing ROM issue.
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2016, 12:56:49 am »
The patched ROM won't run properly on any emulator except for NO$GBA and even then it says that there is an error but keeps playing. I'm not sure if I'm unknowingly using the wrong Fire Red ROM or if something is wrong with the hack
You're likely using a wrong dump.  Though UV has bugs, they definitely aren't related to that.

If not, check your save size I guess?  It's kind of a common thing still (though not so much anymore) that emulators would mistake the save type on Pokemon and therefore it needed to be manually set to 128k.

Thorusofer

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2016, 11:20:07 am »
I need help from anybody on this game as I can't even play this game and I'm so sad about that! I downloaded it but none of the emulators I have will work with this and I just don't know what to do.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2016, 10:49:07 am »
I need help from anybody on this game as I can't even play this game and I'm so sad about that! I downloaded it but none of the emulators I have will work with this and I just don't know what to do.
...I hate to say this, but did you patch FireRed?

You say that you just downloaded it, and people just inserting the IPS into an emulator is more common than you'd think.