News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Family Trainer 8 - Totsugeki! Fuuun Takeshi-jou now in English!  (Read 5295 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: mrrichard999

Here is an announcement for the full English translation for the NES Power Pad title, Family Trainer 8 - Totsugeki! Fuuun Takeshi-jou. If you are familiar with Takeshi’s Castle or the spoof show, Most Extreme Elimination Challenge (MXC), this game is based off of this popular Japanese game show. This has been rumored to be very physically involved and is recommended to do stretches before playing. We hope you enjoy this translation!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

goldendark007

• View Profile
    • Team Chris!
Two more games and the whole Family Trainer (FFF) and "Power Pad" series will be in english!!

YOU ROCK!

MathUser2929

• View Profile
Nice, alternate patch with the MXC logo woulda been nice too.

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
I used to watch MXC all the time. ...I was... probably under the age I really should have been watching that show, though.

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
If someone wants to do a MXC styled title screen graphic and redo the text to make it more like "MXC" they are more than welcome to use this as a base.  :thumbsup:

FCandChill

• View Profile
###
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 06:19:50 pm »
 Comment removed because reasons...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 08:24:59 pm by FCandChill »

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
Nice translation ... I assume that the title similarity with Takeshi's Challenge is purely a coincidence?

Beat Takeshi was involved with that game as well as this one but this one is based on his game show concept while the other one is completely separate from Takeshi's Castle.

Real_Character

• Restricted Access
  • A 16-bit character in a 2-bit world.
    • View Profile
No Kenny Blankenship and Vic Romano.  :(