News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy IV Heroes of Light & Dark  (Read 7956 times)

chillyfeez

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy IV A New Beginning
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2016, 09:24:00 am »
That's sort of how it is in vanilla ffiv anyway. She's a complete pushover until level 7 at least, but she levels up quickly in the beginning. The difference might be that in the original game, Cecil has leveled up a bit before you get her, so he makes quicker work of the first monsters she sees...
Ongoing project: "Final Fantasy IV: A Threat From Within"

Latest Demo

linkncb16

• Restricted Access
  • They actually updated this site. Hallelujah.
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2016, 12:32:53 pm »
I'm working on rebalancing equipment right now. Cecil should deal much more damage now :) Expect new content to be out by this Friday! Also, I'll be taking requests if anyone has any suggestions on how to improve the hack.
Final Fantasy Redux is complete! Download

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2016, 09:28:47 pm »
I would really like to have custom sprites, but I don't think I'm skilled enough in pixel art to do it myself haha.
I can help you with that I know someone will make custom sprite for you, unless you have enough money to pay for custom sprite for you.  Here is linky.  I am not sure he might have custom sprite what are you looking for.
Are you huge fan of Megaman Xtreme 2?   Then check this progress of Remastered version!

linkncb16

• Restricted Access
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Final Fantasy IV Heroes of Light & Dark
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2016, 12:34:12 pm »
This week's update is coming out early! The prologue is now finished! (woot!) :) Should take roughly one hour to complete (assuming no game overs). I've started fleshing out the game progression so I have a pretty good idea of how to order of story events will unfold now.
Also, if anyone's noticed I have changed the title of the hack to Final Fantasy IV Heroes of Light & Dark to better fit it. It's likely only going to be a temporary name and so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! As always feedback is more than welcome as it helps to create a better game in the end so don't hesitate to comment!

v0.2.1 Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3oeke2imbzucx0q/Final%20Fantasy%20IV%20Redacted%20%5B0.2.1%5D.zip?dl=0

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2016, 11:47:19 pm »
Spotted an error in your text. The "Will" in the story dialogue shouldn't be capitalized.

Looks pretty good so far, although you should probably redraw or at least palette swap the characters. If you want, I could try my hand at it.

linkncb16

• Restricted Access
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2016, 12:02:35 am »
Spotted an error in your text. The "Will" in the story dialogue shouldn't be capitalized.

Looks pretty good so far, although you should probably redraw or at least palette swap the characters. If you want, I could try my hand at it.
Thank you for catching that :) And yes I'd really like to modify the sprites or at least change colors, and I've attempted but to no avail. Would you be willing to try? I already have an idea for all of the characters designs.

September 11, 2016, 07:02:10 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
A full play through of the prologue is available for anyone who wants to view it!
Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MvcxVz6y6s
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 07:02:10 pm by linkncb16 »

linkncb16

• Restricted Access
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2017, 11:12:50 am »
Hello everyone! I'm finally back to working on this project. I'm taking some time away from the story and working on modifying sprites/palettes and the title screen. Here's a preview of what I've done so far:

linkncb16

• Restricted Access
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2017, 01:06:51 am »
Finally pushing out another update! God damn this has been so incredibly stressful ;-; (But worth it?) Anyway, here is version 0.3.0 which introduces Chapter 1: The Unforgiven. I would explain all the details, but A) I am already exhausted from this and school work. B) You have to play for yourself to find out what happens :)

IMPORTANT: Please, please, please let me know if you find any glitches/issues with the patch. This is just a prototype of the future release and there are sure to be some bugs in it (which is fine I just want to have most of them fixed by the time the final version is released).

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uq2qmlp58m9ec71/Final%20Fantasy%20IV%20HoLaD%20%5B0.3.0%5D.zip?dl=0

Thanks to everyone who is still interested and following the project!

March 09, 2017, 07:08:38 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Minor Changes:
-Fixed character graphic bug
-Balanced some monsters
-Added Mom Bomb boss
-Removed "Mist" summon
-Changed Riubicante's AI
-Edited some shops
-Rewrote dialogue

« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 07:08:40 pm by linkncb16 »

tom1988

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2017, 04:52:00 pm »
So far, I patched it into an unheadered FF2us 1.1 rom and it works fine and I started playing it and noticed a few mistakes. First is misspelled as "frst". Much like how "will" shouldn't be capitalized unless it's at the start of the sentence. My only advice is to fix typos and grammar mistakes when you write the story. Also, surrounded is misspelled as "surounded".

Overall, this hack is amazing IMO.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 08:30:22 pm by tom1988 »